blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Couple of KK hands from Tallinn tourney
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Couple of KK hands from Tallinn tourney  (Read 958 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2007, 09:43:31 AM »

Hand 1 first level blinds 25/50 stacks 10k

EP player who is quite loose raises to 200, I make it 600, LP (weak tight) calls after a short pause and EP calls.  I think LP has QQ (he later says JJ) but not sure what EP has.

Flop T74 rainbow.

EP checks.  I check because I'm pretty certain that LP will bet for me.  Comments?

LP bets 1500 - EP makes it 4500

back to me? 

Hand 2 binds 100/200 ante 25  I have 8500 and am covered by the other player in the hand.

EP limp very loose player raises to 1500,  I have KK on the button and make it 3500.  very loose calls after a bit of "thought".

Flop is AJ4 rainbow.  checked to you?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 04:31:16 PM »

Fold

Check reluctantly.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »

Hand 1 - Fold Reluctantly

Hand 2 - Bet, representing AK, AQ, hopefully take the pot down. If you check you might aswell say, bet the turn mate, and take the pot away from me. Alternatively, you could check/raise the turn, but thats probably being too clever.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 04:41:09 PM by Horneris » Logged

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:01:59 AM »

Hand 2 - Bet, representing AK, AQ, hopefully take the pot down. If you check you might aswell say, bet the turn mate, and take the pot away from me. Alternatively, you could check/raise the turn, but thats probably being too clever.

He has called a re-raise and you only have 5000 left.  I put him on AK/AQ You cant fold to a re-raise so are you just shoving here? Check calling is better imo. You get the money from a bluff aswell as the hands you are losing to anyhow. Betting just means the hands that are beating you call.
Fuck i hate holding kings when an ace flops.
johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:34:32 PM »

I think hand 2 is the reluctant fold to be honest.

I think in hand 1 his KK is good given the betting that's gone on. The guy in late position has probably taken a stab at it (that's why you play in position afterall and two players have checked to him so he might aswell have a pop at it)

The guy in early posiition could easily have top pair and was hoping someone would bet for him which is what has happened and he now wants to end the hand right now. I think if he had a set he would check-call rather than check raise.

I think your KK is good to go here.  ALL IN!!!

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:38:49 AM »

1st hand I had to fold after a bit of thought.  My plan to trap the LP player who I could put on a hand had worked but I was faced with the reraise from the loose player that I couldn't call.  (He showed a set of tens)

2nd hand I pushed and got called by ATo....

I pushed because I felt that not to bet or weakly bet would be conceding the pot.  I am pretty sure the only way to play this kind of situation is to check and try to assess if the bet that will follow on the turn is a bluff or not.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: