blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Ipoker min raising donkeys.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ipoker min raising donkeys.  (Read 1258 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2007, 12:56:46 AM »

How do you deal with these numpties that minimum raise your BB when you have less than 15BB in middle stages of MTT's? I tend to play very weak here and call with medium strength hands, raise with good (and sometimes shite) hands and fold the rest.
Should we just be shipping here every time?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 02:01:00 AM »

Double his bet and push the flop.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 11:32:34 AM »

depends what kind of of players you have.  If they are passive post flop - flat call and when checked to you push it, or re-raise them pre-flop if they they draws and call with any piece on the flop.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 06:56:43 PM »

depends what kind of of players you have.  If they are passive post flop - flat call and when checked to you push it, or re-raise them pre-flop if they they draws and call with any piece on the flop.

Im oop, on non ace board im thinking c-r is best play depending on stack/bet isze dynamic.
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »

You have to judge the situation carefully though; some loose/weak minraisers will call the all-in reraise with e.g. any ace-x or KJ, especially if they have somehow acquired a lot of chips. You have to know if your particular brand of habitual minraiser (habmin) is a folder or a caller.

Either that, or just try to rely on live cards to save you when you get called. Grin

I think this is partly one of those Harrington-derived situations; since most people are looking for the first-in vigorish, some people have worked out that they can minraise any small-ish stack and pass to an all-in, and make chips because so many players will simply fold and wait for a moment where they can be the "first in" with a raise.

The counter-proposal is to ignore limps and min-raises for the purposes of most first-in vig confrontations, unless you have good intel that a player would normally raise more and is now raising minimum because they have a monster. (Another reason for taking notes on all the habmins you see in your games.)

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 01:59:57 AM »

Agreed Zimbra, against some players i percieved to be good i tried something different.  Tonight i gave it the re-raise about 50% of the time. Against the  calling station mugs i called with potential hands a lot of the time when the stacks are relatively deep.
I think most of the time its a small pp, A10/AJ and face card hands.

The min raise with a premium hand on the button is an awesome bet v strong opponents to encourage action, as i sadly found out Sad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: