blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:13:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Dogs...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dogs...  (Read 2348 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 04:57:57 PM »

Such a sad post to read Eck,  it is the hardest time when you lose a friend.  Dogs are such nice and kind people to spend time with
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »

Eck, I'm so sorry. But you did the right thing.

I had the same decision with Charlie (my old Tabby cat) & though I miss her terribly, I know I did the right thing.

We do get so much pleasure out of our pets, so we owe it to them to do right by them in their moment of need. If that means putting them to sleep, so be it, it has to be done. Keeping a pet alive when it is suffering, & has little chance of recovery, is selfish & cruel.
Eck

I've never had a pet in my life (parents never allowed one when I was a kid) so I understand less than most people about how pets become part of the family.

However, even someone in my situation can understand your emotions after reading a post like that.  Sorry to hear about your loss.

I think you should print a copy of your post and put it somewhere safe.  In years to come, when the short-term grief has gone, I think it will be a fantastic thing for you to pick up and read as the memories you expressed are so fresh in it.  A fitting epitaph for an obviously much-loved family member.

Sheriff

2 nominations for post of the year - great words guys.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: