blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What to do....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What to do....  (Read 1523 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 06:47:29 PM »

PokerStars Game #9908317786:  Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2007/05/14 - 13:26:26 (ET)
Table 'Camilla III' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Thee Baron ($481.70 in chips)
Seat 2: Nebuchad ($135.40 in chips)
Seat 3: Diabolik77 ($327.20 in chips)
Seat 4: goose58 ($411.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Bouge_Todd ($482.80 in chips)
Seat 6: mikey3096 ($66.70 in chips)
mikey3096: posts small blind $2
Thee Baron: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Thee Baron [ ]
Nebuchad: folds
Diabolik77 has timed out
Diabolik77: folds
Diabolik77 is sitting out
goose58: folds
Bouge_Todd: raises $12 to $16
mikey3096: folds
Thee Baron: raises $32 to $48
Bouge_Todd: calls $32
*** FLOP *** [ ]
Thee Baron: bets $76
Bouge_Todd: calls $76
*** TURN *** [ ] []

My opponent here is a very tricky LAG player. He's raised his button for about the last eighty-eight orbits.

What to do?
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »

Tricky one.

He could easily have u beat already.

I do not see how you can check call this pot now, as he is likely to bet behind you.

2 options I think, push all in first, or check fold.

Me? I would push and give him the decision
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:09:21 PM by M3boy » Logged
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:32 PM »

Yuk. Cant see a hand that is beating you fold now and cant see a worse hand calling. Give up.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »

Tricky one.

I do not see how you can check call this pot now, as he is likely to bet behind you.

If he's going to be regardless isn't check calling/pushing the better option as you'd get money from his worse hands too?

If you push he's likely to ditch his worst hand and call with better ones?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 08:21:21 PM »

Tricky one.

If he's going to be regardless isn't check calling/pushing the better option as you'd get money from his worse hands too?

If you push he's likely to ditch his worst hand and call with better ones?

I agree, but I would find it alot harder to call an all in or a big bet if I checked.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 01:44:22 AM »

i'm guessing you're image is pretty solid as you've accumlated a fair few chips.
you're reraise preflop to him means = i reckon you're button stealing
his flat call preflop = okay i am but i'll LAG you hard
his flat call on the flop = lets see if he slows down his defence on the turn

i think alot of the time a LAG has fuckall here. would he not be check-raising that flop with a decent draw given you're probably defending anyway?

unless your image is rocky then i bet even harder on the turn.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 01:48:27 PM »

At this table I've been raising a lot and so has he. Everyone else is pretty rocky. So we've avoided each other until this point. I've let him have my BB every round as, to be blunt, there are easier chips available at the table.

This time however I had a hand and didn't fancy playing it out of position to a useful player so tried to pick it up pre flop whilst also trying to slow him down on my BB. If he calls and I hit and 8 I fancy his chips being up for grabs (at least a fair portion of them).

So although I've been pretty LAG I've left him to it until now...
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 08:02:09 PM »

i think you need to raise more pre flop especially as you are OOP, the villain can call with many hands profitably as he has position on you. have you been 3 betting light before this? I saw a video of someone playing with poker edge and that gives 3 bet stats, very useful now that 3 betting has become so popular. as played I would prob c/f because he is a good player so why bother with this hand when you don't know where the funk you are with it but you have got a straight draw so maybe, maybe depending on how i felt about the villain and the flow of the game at that time I may c/c a small bet to try to hit.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:18:45 PM »

If you are going to be playing against villain a lot, there is a good argument for pushing here.  You might well take the pot down representing an overpair with a spade and if you dont you might hit.  If he folds or calls you are giving a strong message to him that you are not going to play these confrontations weakly. 
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 01:36:58 PM »

i think you need to raise more pre flop especially as you are OOP, the villain can call with many hands profitably as he has position on you. have you been 3 betting light before this? I saw a video of someone playing with poker edge and that gives 3 bet stats, very useful now that 3 betting has become so popular. as played I would prob c/f because he is a good player so why bother with this hand when you don't know where the funk you are with it but you have got a straight draw so maybe, maybe depending on how i felt about the villain and the flow of the game at that time I may c/c a small bet to try to hit.

I agree with raising more pre flop Byron.

Do you think there is a case for check raising this flop? I am confident he will bet it and it's not a flop that I would normally be afraid of. (He is however capable of playing a hand that can connect with this flop quite well.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:39:44 PM by The Baron » Logged
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 01:37:55 PM »

If you are going to be playing against villain a lot, there is a good argument for pushing here.  You might well take the pot down representing an overpair with a spade and if you dont you might hit.  If he folds or calls you are giving a strong message to him that you are not going to play these confrontations weakly. 

Is there an argument for pushing regardless of my holding in this spot Vs this type of player?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: