blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Did I make the right decision?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did I make the right decision?  (Read 1153 times)
suzanne

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:00:33 AM »

I had only just been moved to this table so no info on anyone.

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players: 9
Seat 1: bryxchick(1,985.00)
Seat 2: Misterbi(6,675.00)
Seat 3: hoponassu(4,440.00)
Seat 4: buskie(5,170.00)
Seat 5: wtf19(2,085.00)
Seat 6: matlik(4,060.00)
Seat 7: lucky6(6,060.00)
Seat 8: heltok(1,680.00)
Seat 9: Booooyaaaa(5,795.00)

Current Number of Players: 9
Booooyaaaa start position: 5,795.00
heltok start position: 1,680.00
lucky6 start position: 6,060.00
matlik start position: 4,060.00
wtf19 start position: 2,085.00
buskie start position: 5,170.00
hoponassu start position: 4,440.00
Misterbi start position: 6,675.00
bryxchick start position: 1,985.00
Misterbi posts small blind (75)
hoponassu posts big blind (150)
lucky6 is dealt down [ ]
buskie folds
(wtf19) folds
matlik folds
lucky6 raises to (450)
heltok folds
Booooyaaaa raises to (1200)
bryxchick folds
Misterbi folds
hoponassu folds
lucky6 calls (1200)
flop: [ ]
lucky6 checks
Booooyaaaa bets (1950)
lucky6 folds
Booooyaaaa is refunded (1950)
Booooyaaaa wins (2625)
Booooyaaaa mucks
bryxchick end position: 1,985.00
Misterbi end position: 6,600.00
hoponassu end position: 4,290.00
buskie end position: 5,170.00
wtf19 end position: 2,085.00
matlik end position: 4,060.00
lucky6 end position: 4,860.00
heltok end position: 1,680.00
Booooyaaaa end position: 7,220.00
Hand end time: 2007-05-15 21:17:06

I think if I had bet after the flop he was probably putting me allin.

Should I have went allin or was I right to lay it down?

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 10:19:27 AM »

I like the way you played it, my only query on it is whether it would be correct to push preflop. A read on boooyyyaa would be good if he is a loosey goosey just shove preflop, if he is tight as it might even be a laydown.

As played basically you are hoping to flop top pair, top kicker. If you miss just throw it as you are behind alot of the time. As a side note i would in affect dark check before the flop and crai if i hit the flop. The only reason i would lead is with the nut flush draw.
johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:47:28 PM »

I had only just been moved to this table so no info on anyone.

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players: 9
Seat 1: bryxchick(1,985.00)
Seat 2: Misterbi(6,675.00)
Seat 3: hoponassu(4,440.00)
Seat 4: buskie(5,170.00)
Seat 5: wtf19(2,085.00)
Seat 6: matlik(4,060.00)
Seat 7: lucky6(6,060.00)
Seat 8: heltok(1,680.00)
Seat 9: Booooyaaaa(5,795.00)

Current Number of Players: 9
Booooyaaaa start position: 5,795.00
heltok start position: 1,680.00
lucky6 start position: 6,060.00
matlik start position: 4,060.00
wtf19 start position: 2,085.00
buskie start position: 5,170.00
hoponassu start position: 4,440.00
Misterbi start position: 6,675.00
bryxchick start position: 1,985.00
Misterbi posts small blind (75)
hoponassu posts big blind (150)
lucky6 is dealt down [ ]
buskie folds
(wtf19) folds
matlik folds
lucky6 raises to (450)
heltok folds
Booooyaaaa raises to (1200)
bryxchick folds
Misterbi folds
hoponassu folds
lucky6 calls (1200)
flop: [ ]
lucky6 checks
Booooyaaaa bets (1950)
lucky6 folds
Booooyaaaa is refunded (1950)
Booooyaaaa wins (2625)
Booooyaaaa mucks
bryxchick end position: 1,985.00
Misterbi end position: 6,600.00
hoponassu end position: 4,290.00
buskie end position: 5,170.00
wtf19 end position: 2,085.00
matlik end position: 4,060.00
lucky6 end position: 4,860.00
heltok end position: 1,680.00
Booooyaaaa end position: 7,220.00
Hand end time: 2007-05-15 21:17:06

I think if I had bet after the flop he was probably putting me allin.

Should I have went allin or was I right to lay it down?

The way I see it you are out of position post flop and are open to him bluffing you out of it.

I think the key decision here is pre-flop.

When he re-raises you I think you have two options

1) Fold
2) All in

I don't think calling is an option here due to you being out of position against him.

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 06:29:03 PM »

hi suz

good players dont need races for most of their stacks, u declined that option by just calling to see the flop,fair enough....

AK is a drawing hand,u missed and his bet forced you out....who knows what he had?? a small pp,medium pp or maybe even AK too...we will never know

but u played it well and got away fairly cheaply with loads of play left IMO

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 07:58:29 PM »

he's put about 40% of his remaining stack in on the flop. this could so easily be a move. he's making himself look very committed. your call preflop shows you dont have QQ/KK and an abc played AA so he's made the right play in position whatever he had i think. however...
if you check-raise all in he can only call with a J or AK of diamonds.. if he's gonna play it like that.
so if he was a solid player i would do this to him. without a read on you he would have to give you credit for AJ or possibly AA. but we don't know if he's a solid player. so uh.. call for time and check sharkscope..?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 10:35:16 PM »

he's put about 40% of his remaining stack in on the flop. this could so easily be a move. he's making himself look very committed. your call preflop shows you dont have QQ/KK and an abc played AA so he's made the right play in position whatever he had i think. however...
if you check-raise all in he can only call with a J or AK of diamonds.. if he's gonna play it like that.
so if he was a solid player i would do this to him. without a read on you he would have to give you credit for AJ or possibly AA. but we don't know if he's a solid player. so uh.. call for time and check sharkscope..?

Um alot of solid player would concede they are committed with 88-1010 as they are actual nearly as strong as qq here IMO and will call based on pot odds. So we are only folding out ak/aq aren't we. Given he hasn't 3-bet preflop with air.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 12:54:39 AM »

Sorry im not good with stats but as I saw it he put 20% of his chips in by reraising preflop, I also dont know pot odds (on my to do list) but I like to put myself in the other persons place when in a position like this.

To reraise preflop he has a pretty strong hand, im thinking high PP.With AA, KK im beat... QQ im drawing AJ AQ nahh maybe AK but again would you reraise with AK, I wouldnt.

Only other option is a lower PP hoping to push me off the hand but he still had 2 pair which was more than I had.

I put a standard raise in hoping to steal blinds or see the flop with hopefully the best hand and hit. I didnt hit and sensed danger, his bet on the flop was either a bluff or he had the nuts. Either way I hadnt hit and didnt want to put all my chips in on a draw.

I know I was out of position but I had just joined this table and was trying to send a "dont mess with me" message which backfired. Is AK suited really such a bad hand to be raising with out of position? Point noted about fold or allin but surely you have to see the flop? The reraise caught me off guard but I thought worthy of a call and lets see. Had there been 2 clubs on the flop i was allin and praying.

This hand has been buggin the hell out of me and I have been over it several times now and read ur advice and I have come to the conclusion that I would have played it exactly the same faced with the same hand...is that good or bad?

Thanks to all who have answered xx

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:00:00 AM by suzanne » Logged
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 01:12:48 AM »

poker is just a continual series of questions?

with infinite scenarios

those on the plus ( winners )

make more correct decisions than others

it 's that simple...hope that clears it up

lol

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »

Sorry im not good with stats but as I saw it he put 20% of his chips in by reraising preflop, I also dont know pot odds (on my to do list) but I like to put myself in the other persons place when in a position like this.

To reraise preflop he has a pretty strong hand, im thinking high PP.With AA, KK im beat... QQ im drawing AJ AQ nahh maybe AK but again would you reraise with AK, I wouldnt.

Only other option is a lower PP hoping to push me off the hand but he still had 2 pair which was more than I had.

I put a standard raise in hoping to steal blinds or see the flop with hopefully the best hand and hit. I didnt hit and sensed danger, his bet on the flop was either a bluff or he had the nuts. Either way I hadnt hit and didnt want to put all my chips in on a draw.

I know I was out of position but I had just joined this table and was trying to send a "dont mess with me" message which backfired. Is AK suited really such a bad hand to be raising with out of position? Point noted about fold or allin but surely you have to see the flop? The reraise caught me off guard but I thought worthy of a call and lets see. Had there been 2 clubs on the flop i was allin and praying.

This hand has been buggin the hell out of me and I have been over it several times now and read ur advice and I have come to the conclusion that I would have played it exactly the same faced with the same hand...is that good or bad?

I don't think you should play it the same way. You say you want to send out a "don't mess with me" message but you merely call his re-raise. That's basically telling him you are happy just to see the flop.

A real "don't mess with me" move would have been to go right over the top of him. That in fact is a "DON'T F* WITH ME" move  Cheesy

You've now put the pressure on him and the only hand that has you crippled is AA.

If he has a hand like QQ he's now got a big decision and he's got to put you on AA, KK, AK, JJ.

If you move all in pre-flop then I think he can only make the correct call with AA or KK or maybe QQ

OK he might call with 99 or some shit like that (hoping you are on AK) but that is a bad call as he's only a marginal favorite when he is correct and when he is wrong he is in big trouble.

So all things considered I think you should have been far more aggressive pre-flop with this especially when you are going to be out of position post flop with Ace high about 2 thirds of the time.

Either go all in or fold IMHO

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 12:38:53 AM »

I don't think you should play it the same way. You say you want to send out a "don't mess with me" message but you merely call his re-raise. That's basically telling him you are happy just to see the flop.

A real "don't mess with me" move would have been to go right over the top of him. That in fact is a "DON'T F* WITH ME" moveĀ  Cheesy

You've now put the pressure on him and the only hand that has you crippled is AA.

If he has a hand like QQ he's now got a big decision and he's got to put you on AA, KK, AK, JJ.

If you move all in pre-flop then I think he can only make the correct call with AA or KK or maybe QQ

OK he might call with 99 or some shit like that (hoping you are on AK) but that is a bad call as he's only a marginal favorite when he is correct and when he is wrong he is in big trouble.

So all things considered I think you should have been far more aggressive pre-flop with this especially when you are going to be out of position post flop with Ace high about 2 thirds of the time.

Either go all in or fold IMHO

Good point  thumbs up

Thanks again for all your comments.

I thought at the time of posting I perhaps should have went allin preflop and next time I will stick em in and close my eyes and dont river me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: