blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:40:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  is this a standard 3 bet on the river?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is this a standard 3 bet on the river?  (Read 1351 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:26:21 PM »

PokerStars Game #9981395248:  Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/05/18 - 16:18:35 (ET)
Table 'Tamara' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: morello05 ($1000 in chips)
Seat 2: goleafsgoeh ($1185.50 in chips)
Seat 3: hafizzle ($1249 in chips)
Seat 4: KtheKing ($1152 in chips)
Seat 5: harrypag ($976 in chips)
Seat 6: Pareidolia ($417 in chips)
Seat 7: Prewie ($1770 in chips)
Seat 8: stfu donny ($1591.50 in chips)
Seat 9: Slugg7 ($1077 in chips)
Prewie: posts small blind $5
stfu donny: posts big blind $10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Prewie [ ]
Slugg7: folds
morello05: folds
goleafsgoeh: folds
hafizzle: raises $30 to $40
KtheKing: folds
harrypag: calls $40
Pareidolia: folds
Prewie: calls $35
stfu donny: folds
*** FLOP *** [ ]
stfu donny is sitting out
Prewie: checks
hafizzle: bets $70
harrypag: folds
Prewie: calls $70
*** TURN *** [ ] []
Prewie: checks
hafizzle: checks
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
Prewie: bets $125
hafizzle: raises $125 to $250
Prewie: ?

raise/raise allin/call?

how much if you raise?

opponents unknown, been at table 10 minutes already having stuffed AA with QQ, Q on flop

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 09:57:20 PM »

On stars this might actually be a fold....

I can't see any hand that you are beating losing any more money.  He probably has the nut flush.  You could try a min raise but you would wish you hadn't if he pushed and he prob won't call with the flush.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 01:05:35 AM »

On stars this might actually be a fold....

I can't see any hand that you are beating losing any more money.  He probably has the nut flush.  You could try a min raise but you would wish you hadn't if he pushed and he prob won't call with the flush.

I agree I flat call as i don't think any value can be gained from 3 betting here. Its the old maxim, we fold out worse hand and get ourselves in a whole heap of trouble against better hands by reopening the betting.

This is of course is dependent on reads and is based on what i perceive our opponent to be, a standard stars 5/10 player (ie quite good).
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 02:00:39 AM »

i still think it's a standard 3bet. pokeredge has the oppo as a bomb. so he'd be sure to raise with say KQ of clubs here.
only hand possible that beats you is aces. if he had aces why exactly would he be checking the turn? i mean its still possible but surely with position he'd fire an info bet there.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 03:10:08 AM »

I dont see why he cant have Jacks.

He checks behind our hero on the turn to deceive us and give us the oppurtunity to bluff the river (if we dont have a hand by the river, which is possible), or to give us an oppurtunity to hit a straight with the 9 10 suited........I think Jacks or Aces are very possible.

But its still a very difficult a decision to make. But with his raise pre adding on to his play here, i think he could really only have Quads 8's, Jacks, Aces, a High Flush (with a standard cont bet on the flop, and using his option to check behind on the turn to hit his flush) or Ace 8 suited???

I do though think the flush is unlikely and so marginally prefer the call, because youre cream crackered if you make it $500 and he insta pushes.

Saying that, for some reason im guessing he had

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »

I would be surprised if he has the flush here..he would only have backed into that. I can't find a way not to three bet or push here though. If he has Aces or Jacks full then goodluck to him..(Though from his betting on the flop and then slowing down on the turn when there's no need to really I doubt he has Jacks). I am never folding a full house here..make it 5 to go..and say WP GG and call when he pushed all in and flips over pocket aces.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 03:58:50 PM »

I would be surprised if he has the flush here..he would only have backed into that. I can't find a way not to three bet or push here though. If he has Aces or Jacks full then goodluck to him..(Though from his betting on the flop and then slowing down on the turn when there's no need to really I doubt he has Jacks). I am never folding a full house here..make it 5 to go..and say WP GG and call when he pushed all in and flips over pocket aces.

Hmmm

I think you're missing out that both players are pretty deepstacked.  I'm going to assume that someone playing stars 5-10 knows what they are doing until I know otherwise.  He hasn't got A8 - that just isn't a hand that open raises in full ring MP at this level.  He hasn't got JJ as he would have checked the flop.  He hasn't got AK as he just calls the river as he would have done with an unimproved overpair.  So you are left with the flush or AA and he pretty much plays these the same way on the river.  The flush with the intention of folding to a reraise and AA with the intention of inducing the very bet that you want to make.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »

I flat called and was shown  for the nut flush

at the time I thought I was a bit timid, but went away and thought about it and considered it was one of those "do your chips to a better hand, worse hand doesn't call you" type situations

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 11:49:23 PM »

dont think you can fold for 125 dollars

aa jj or 88 beats u

u beat a8 j8 98 and any flush,as well as bare 8 or 710 ,q10

id raise if i was happy to reload as it will be a monster pot your winning, or youve been cold decked

temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 03:05:15 AM »

KJ?! oh i was well close!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: