blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  laptop completely screwed(please read)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: laptop completely screwed(please read)  (Read 1254 times)
ZZZZZZZROPE

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2007, 03:47:38 AM »

hey, well at about 7pm tonight i registered and started playing the $50k, $20k, and $25gtd on blue sq, then about 30 mins after this,then commas flooded the chat boxes. so i logged of blue sq, and logged back on, and the same thing was happening, so i logged my comp off and found that my keyboard had went wonky, eg i was pressing every button on the keyboard and nothing was happening. so i shut it down, and then when trying to start it up the warning beep started, so i shut down restarted etc and the same thing was happenig. so i was so pissed off i went out in town, and when i came back, the lappy started up, but it only loaded up factory settings. NOW  this wouldnt be too bad, but the fact im producing music means ive lost all the music ive made. i was wondering if anyone on the forum knows if there is any way to restore all the files i had?? cheers guys, grant
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:27:18 AM »

The files on the hard drive are recoverable - that shouldn't be a problem.  You can always take the hard drive out and connect it up to another computer to get hold of the data.

You laptop itself is probably repairable, but it'll need someone else to help you out there as I haven't got a clue.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 12:12:01 PM »

Your files will probably be ok.

Even deleted files can be recovered Wink
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »

Hi,

I am not touting for business but if you send it to  www.Kew Computers.com  with my name attached I will have one of the engineers look at it for you.
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 01:55:59 AM »

What does factory settings mean?

Factory settings to me means that it has been formatted and reinstalled. This just doesn't happen tho.

I don't want to scare you cos I don't think this has happened, but if it has: (e.g. the computer fairy came along and thought it was being nice by formatting and reinstalling windows for you) then you files are at serious risk, don't use it and you need to get the hard drive in another PC (with an adapter as it's a laptop) and run some recovery software (eg recover my files).

Howevery, by factory settings, do you mean safemode? Or did it log-in as a different user?

Where on the hard drive were you files saved? In my documents? In a program folder? On the desktop? Open my computer and goto the C: drive then documents and settings and see if the Username you were working under is there. Within that fodler will be a desktop and my documents folder.

Need more info to be more helpful though.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 11:20:44 AM »

My guess on factory settings would mean it boots up with the "default" settings from windows.

Sometimes one of the kids PC's does this - it happens when your windows profile gets screwed, and windows uses the "default user" profile.

Do like RichEO says, explore C Drive and see if you can find your files.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: