blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:37:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Do you call or fold
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you call or fold  (Read 1538 times)
deputydawg

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:07:14 PM »

Sorry I cant remember the exact details as I don't know how to retrieve the hand history on this site but the story goes as follows.

I was playing on a site I rarely play cash games on and have no knowledge of any of the players styles. I sat down on a $2/4 cash table. Played BB and then SB and then 3rd hand on button got dealt  Ah

UTG limped for 4, UTG+1 limped as did player in mid pos

I raised to $20 on button and UTG and UTG+1 called. Player in mid pos folded so c. $70 in pot

Flop three clubs

UTG checks, UTG+1 goes all in for c $380

Do you call (all in for the rest of my $400) or fold and why?
RichD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 01:45:59 PM »

Tough really... surely if he flops a set the sensible thing to do is to check to the pre-flop aggresor to get more in the pot? He's prob on a flush draw?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 01:47:59 AM »

I fold, hate these marginal situations for small pots. If pot is $200ish i start to insta...
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 02:56:44 AM »

fold.

why? its EV-

end of thread.
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 05:51:08 PM »

hes hit AQ clubs imo and it would be a call and hope for no clubs on last 2 cards if he has set why would he play it this way against a pre flop raiser? wouldnt he do smaller inviting bets for big pairs to reraise him or check raise the pre flop aggressor when he puts in a follw-up bet  on flop???

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
JoeStrummer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »

The most likely holding is AQ, imho. If he had hit trips he would check and your raise off the button may well look like a steal. I`d be calling.

“When you’re down on your chips, pick your spot and push. In fact I can’t remember the last time I was behind pre flop when I have done this; unfortunately the rest is up to the gods” A. Mason 2007
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 06:15:36 PM »

I'd side witt the fact as well that he has either two clubs in his hand or indeed AQ but not sure why he would go all in when you have shown aggression by raising to 20 pre flop.  I'd be saying don't call and being the fish I am would probably hit the call button in error!

AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »

I'd side witt the fact as well that he has either two clubs in his hand or indeed AQ but not sure why he would go all in when you have shown aggression by raising to 20 pre flop.  I'd be saying don't call and being the fish I am would probably hit the call button in error!
and u would take down the pot with runner A's!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

The most likely holding is AQ, imho. If he had hit trips he would check and your raise off the button may well look like a steal. I`d be calling.

why would he check hit set?...I would be elading out here (not move all in but definetly lead out) if I though original raiser had a hand and would move over the top of me. i bet my sets 75% of the time (if not more) when I am close to first to act.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 10:28:48 AM »

It was a tough decision but almost against better judgement I called (oops) and he had 5s3s. Thankfully the river was a Q and my 2 pair beat his 2 pair.

for the record, UTG also called with 88 (and I thought my call was bad)

Nice $1187 pot
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »

why would he check hit set?...I would be elading out here (not move all in but definetly lead out) if I though original raiser had a hand and would move over the top of me. i bet my sets 75% of the time (if not more) when I am close to first to act.

This post has been moderated, if the author writes any more educational posts of this quality he will be forced to play snap the rest of his life.
JoeStrummer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 12:42:15 PM »

This post has been moderated, if the author writes any more educational posts of this quality he will be forced to play snap the rest of his life.

Well done. Putting him on an exact hand.

“When you’re down on your chips, pick your spot and push. In fact I can’t remember the last time I was behind pre flop when I have done this; unfortunately the rest is up to the gods” A. Mason 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: