blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cash Game Hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cash Game Hand  (Read 1000 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2007, 03:27:11 AM »

Opinion valued on this one guys.  I don't have the hand history unfortunately but I did take a note of it.

Its $3/6 PLO 3 handed.

I have approximately $800 in BB SB is table aggressor has around $1200 and the UTG has $600 odd

I get UTG pots it SB calls (normally raising every hand)  And I re-pot UTG gets out way and its me and the SB.

He bets approximately 3 quarters of the pot on a Q 8 9 rainbow board.

I flat call.

J comes on the turn giving me the nut straight  he bets out $180 and I push and he calls by this point I am prepared for a split pot.

Now based on the betting I know its a bit sketchy what hands do you put him on how about the way I played it could I have done anything diifferent?

I'll post his hand later.

Just tidied this up as It never made sense I was half asleep when typing it.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 09:38:13 PM by GlasgowBandit » Logged

Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 08:00:50 PM »

Why the hell would you want to do anything different? Sad
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 08:03:10 PM »

yeah..no matter what he has it was a good push.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »

I have tidied up original post I made an @rse of it when posting originally.

What I really want to know is should I have raised his bet on the flop rather than just calling?  if he has a draw then I am not charging him the correct price to hit it by only flat calling the bet.

When I push on the turn with the nut straight there are two  hearts on board and he makes the flush on river to take the pot and my stack.

I think the only error I made was not raising on flop, but having spoke with someone else about this they seem to think it was a standard play from the big stack as its easy for him to put me on set or straight or set and is quite right to call with the FD.  I disagree with the fact that its a standard play to be calling with a non-nut fd.

His holding was 9 X with the

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 11:24:08 PM »

What I really want to know is should I have raised his bet on the flop rather than just calling?  if he has a draw then I am not charging him the correct price to hit it by only flat calling the bet.

I think the only error I made was not raising on flop, but having spoke with someone else about this they seem to think it was a standard play from the big stack as its easy for him to put me on set or straight or set and is quite right to call with the FD.  I disagree with the fact that its a standard play to be calling with a non-nut fd.

Was there a flush draw on the flop or not?

If your original post is right and the flop was rainbow, you have top set, a gutshot and at least one backdoor flush - if that is the case raising the flop is correct imo. 
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:49:53 PM »

Flush draw came on the turn.

It was deffo a rainbow flop, thats why I think now I should definately have re-raised on the flop.  At the time I was thinking lets get as much dosh as possible without thinking of the fact that another card may give him more encouragement.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 11:50:45 PM »

Was there a flush draw on the flop or not?

If your original post is right and the flop was rainbow, you have top set, a gutshot and at least one backdoor flush - if that is the case raising the flop is correct imo. 
yes indeed...slow playing anything less than quads is never a good idea in Omaha

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »

If he already made the str8 on the flop ur in a lot of trouble but then u probably wont get paid if u call to hit ur house anyway, I would reraise this flop 100% of the time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: