blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Midlands Meltdown Day 1 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midlands Meltdown Day 1 - At A Glance  (Read 10259 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 08:59:05 PM »

Chip counts from El Blondie's table (i've added the names on the end to ones Dave doesn't know):

Seat 1 - departed to Broadway cash game where he belongs. Michael Artemis

Seat 2 - (youngster playing remarkably tight for his age) - 24k. Ian 'hotdog' Fieldhouse

Seat 3 - Martin Cavanagh - 24k

Seat 4 - (Amazingly still here) - 15k. Stephen Holden.

Seat 5 - (After some very inventive play) - 21k. Neil Hosell.

Seat 6 - Dan Carter - 5.3k.

Seat 7 - 35k. Anthony Nicholls, probably chip leader.

Seat 8 - Dave Smith - 5k.

Seat 9 - The Blonde One - 10.4k.

Seat 10 - Mad Turk - 12k.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 09:00:29 PM »

Andrew Psaras raises preflop to 500; Des Jonas and James Atkin both call.

Flop -  two spades

Andrew Psaras bets 1000, Des Jonas folds and James Atkin moves in for another 2k or so. Andrew folds, and James is still in, although still pretty short.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 09:13:51 PM »

Saw a curious hand from Table Colclough involving Stephen "Amazingly Still Here" Holden and Ian "Remarkably Tight Hotdog For His Age" Fieldhouse.

The flop comes  - Dave Colclough, Mad Turk and Hotdog all check. Stillhere Holden bets 250; Hotdog raises to 1000 and Holden calls.

They both check the  turn.

The river comes the  and Hotdog checks; Stillhere Holden bets 2000 and Hotdog calls.

Stillhere Holden - 

Iandog Fieldhouse - 
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »

Here's a fun one. Roberto Romanello moves in on a  board with about 5k already in the pot. After much staring into space while gently gnawing at her knuckles, Pippa Flanders calls. He turns over A-6, but she turns over the two-pairalicious K-6.

Just to make it even more fun, tikay informed me that before the flop, Roberto announced, "Dealer, bring me a 6-9". Ahhh ha ha, it works on so many levels.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 09:29:46 PM »

Andy Johnson could very well be chip leader, he has way over 40k now, he just knocked out Wernick the Younger, with A-Q against 2-2. Sadly, he just got up and walked away as I was taking a picture. I'll get one later

Lawrence Gosney is OUT, he moved in on the river with on a 7-5-3-9-J board but Ben Callinan made the call with pocket Kings.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »

El Scoopie mini-scoop now: He limped under gun with Aces in a pot with Stephen Holden (holding Fours) and Dave Smith, (holding J-T)

Q-9-4 flop, it all goes in. Turn 7, River K.

Dave Smith makes the straight to go to 13k. DC is on 9k and Stephen Holden is also on 9k.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 09:36:37 PM »

A gentleman on Table Rokach who may or may not be Howard Plant (portly gent, pink shirt, granny glasses - can anyone confirm?) has Run Into Some Unfortunate Trouble. With the flop  , Mr Possibly Plant moves in; another gentleman who may or may not be Andy Winkett calls fairly quickly.

Probably Plant - 

Could Be Winkett - 

But oh disaster, the turn is  and the river the inconsequential  , leaving Mr Plant with only 600 chips. I saw him wandering off to the bar shortly afterwards.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »

Mad Turk is OUT. The Half Wilson failed him when he pushed on a board, Dave Smith calling with A-T to win an 18k pot. And the Brighton winner has just won another, Martyn Cavanagh betting 2,400 on a Two Clubs three clubs two spades board. Dave moved in, and Martyn passed.

Paul Gourlay raises to 1,000 on the button after three limp for 200. Shaf makes it almost 5k total, everyone passes, Paul dwells, but decides to just call. Flop is A-K-3 and both check, turn is 6, Shaf checks, Paul bets 3k and Shaf insta-mucks.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 10:05:46 PM »

Mickey Wernick bets 1400 on a  flop; a young Mateyboy in a red-sock-sneaks-into-whites-wash-pink shirt calls. The turn comes the  - Laundryboy bets 3k and Mickey folds.

His restraint is rewarded a few hands later - having checked down a  two spades board against another young Mateyboy, Mickey bets 4k right at the end. Mateyboy calls, and mucks when Mickey shows his  .
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 10:14:30 PM »

Big pot with Peter Evans all-in for 23k on a board, Chicken Joe calls and Andy Johnson eventually passes what he later admits is the flush draw.

Evans:

Joe:

Turn:

three diamonds

River:

Peter Evans into the 50k zone.

Womble just won a 12k pot and is up to 21k after he had his set of Fours paid off by A-K on a K-9-4-J-A board.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 10:14:38 PM »

79 players left in, blinds 150/300, curiously, even though they didn't have a 75/150 level, and the dude who came into the Blonde Office (Grosvenor staff training room, with free Tango and biscuits!) before said there wasn't going to be a 150/300 level. That's what it says on the board though.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »

Johnny Hewston is OUT. 4-4 into Roberto Romanello's Kings.

Lucy Rokach is also OUT. 6-6 against Kings.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 10:52:17 PM »

A big old pot for Mick Fletcher.

Mateyboy on the button, an Asian gentleman who keeps staring at me creepily, although I think he has been staring creepily at others too so perhaps it is just his way, bets 1200 on a  flop. Mateyboy 2 quickly raises to 5000. After a prolonged period of mumbling to himself, during which time I am trying really hard not to look at Staring Creepy Mateyboy, Mick Fletcher calls. Creepyboy asks how many chips Mateyboy 2 has, is told 19,100, folds, and stands up for the rest of the hand for no reason.

Turn -  two hearts and they both check.

River -  - Mateyboy 2 bets 8000 and Mick Fletcher calls.

Mateyboy 2 - 

Mick Fletcher - 
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »

ACTUAL TIKAY CHIPCOUNT - about 19k. That's about average I reckon.

Incidentally I saw Matt Tyler taking down a small pot on a  board. Hard to say how many chips he has, his stack is deceptively large. He must have about half the orange 25 chips in play. A veritable fruitbowl.

And also incidentally 77 players left in last time I checked.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »

El Blondie raised it to 1,125 with Queens, got 4(!) callers and then pushed the 4-5-6 flop with two spades, getting called by which missed. That put him up to 19k but he's dropped a fair whack since then and is now shortish.

He wrote this though:

" three clubs

Dan Carter bets 1,700. Seat 10 makes it 4,700, Dan has 4,600 left, dwells and moves in. Seat 10 passes 12k pot for just 1,600 more...."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: