blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 224681 times)
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: August 14, 2009, 11:43:47 AM »

Nice one Rooks and Cassie

When does Rodney step up in trip?
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 14, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »

Normally, I'm all for id - but when you consider that i also got turned down you begin to realise that this ladies judgement was slightly off - sadly almost a decade off... WTF?
I didn't even feel good about the ID - that's how bad it was... SIGH

BUT.... I have never been so proud of the little girl - a superb race for one so short out of season - her strength is truly returning - and i can't wait to fuss her.

Tomorrow for Rodders!!!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 14, 2009, 11:49:37 AM »

Great that she won, I'm really pleased for you guys although my eye still smarts a little Wink

Is Rodders running over six bends tomorrow ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 14, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »

Congrats Rooks, great result.

Shame about the hassle with the ID. They seem to have got carried away with what is basically a good idea. I know some lads who work in the bookies who are as laid back as anyone I know. Even they are ID'ing basically everyone who isn't a pensioner, apparently they've all been told their jobs are on the line if they don't.
steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 14, 2009, 12:31:11 PM »

Congrats Rooks, great result.

Shame about the hassle with the ID. They seem to have got carried away with what is basically a good idea. I know some lads who work in the bookies who are as laid back as anyone I know. Even they are ID'ing basically everyone who isn't a pensioner, apparently they've all been told their jobs are on the line if they don't.
great result Rooks, pity about the ID problem, she does sound a little Hitler and dont know how anyone can be unsure of 2 people well over the legal age to bet.
very rare i go in betting shops nowadays, cant say i miss some of the staff who worked in local bookies, charm scale 1/10
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:36:09 PM by steeveg » Logged
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1085 on: August 14, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »

Kinda dampened the achievement of Cassie tbh. I should be buzzing right now but she wound me up alot!

As for Rodney, he runs on Sunday afternoon in A2 round Oxford, main objective being just going round without picking up any niggles. He then is getting a trial over 6 bends at Romford next Thurs/Fri/Sat. And on the following Monday there is a maiden open over 6 bends (575m) leading to the final on the Friday. He has showed good early on his latest runs (bar one), and should lead most 6 bend dogs and i'm very confident he will get the trip.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 14, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »

Yay, great result, delighted for you Rooks. Cassie will now always be known as a winning bitch. Priceless memories for you.

Shame about the ID prob - they truly thought both of you were under 18? Wow.

Good Luck to Rodney tomorrow - A2. & OR Trials already! Very nice.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 14, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »

Is she expected to improve on that when she's fully out of season and will that be in time for the next race? i assume she'll be upgraded for that run?

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1088 on: August 14, 2009, 02:07:50 PM »

Yeah, I had a shave last night. Bad timing on my part lol..

Ok she may have thought I was under 18 but Aisling had ID on her but the woman said she couldn't accept it because we "come as a pair". What bs. I even asked her politely if I could watch one race without betting and then leave, which was starting in 30 seconds! Jobsworth.

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1089 on: August 14, 2009, 02:09:50 PM »

Is she expected to improve on that when she's fully out of season and will that be in time for the next race? i assume she'll be upgraded for that run?

Yep, expected to improve definitely. Trainer expected nothing of her today after what was a very poor run last week. She started much the same though and when I saw her go round the first bend the way she did I expected her to run a bad one too, but the pace she showed 2nd to 3rd was awesome and won her the race. She will be stepped up in trip too when fully out of season.

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1090 on: August 14, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »

Upgrade looks most likely.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 14, 2009, 02:28:22 PM »

Yeah, I had a shave last night. Bad timing on my part lol..

Ok she may have thought I was under 18 but Aisling had ID on her but the woman said she couldn't accept it because we "come as a pair". What bs. I even asked her politely if I could watch one race without betting and then leave, which was starting in 30 seconds! Jobsworth.

Hard to believe you both had ID issues. In a certain light, ''Ling could easily pass as old enough to be your Mum.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 14, 2009, 07:05:02 PM »

Sigh FML....
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 14, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

Excellent news, nice one.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 14, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »