blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:54:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225400 times)
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: August 20, 2009, 10:36:53 PM »

Rodneys brother is flying in the irish derby.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:14 PM »

Rodneys brother is flying in the irish derby.

Yup, fancied it - been keeping an eye on it.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 21, 2009, 12:05:11 AM »

Wonderful news  on Cassie - well done!

And she led? Wow!

How much fun are these two beauts giving you?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1113 on: August 21, 2009, 12:05:56 AM »

And she led? Wow!

Lol yeah plenty of fun. Shame I back them at the wrong times though.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:11 AM »

And she led? Wow!

True - but I'm sre that, really, the bets are a secondary thing. The sheer pride of owning two tidy dogs must be well special.

How come Cassie led? - I'd be interested in how you saw it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1115 on: August 21, 2009, 12:16:07 AM »

And she led? Wow!

True - but I'm sre that, really, the bets are a secondary thing. The sheer pride of owning two tidy dogs must be well special.

Well the race was an A8, but a weak A8 tbh.

All the dogs do around 4.0 sectionals and it just so happened that Cassie did her best sectional yet (3.95 - still not fast at all), and the only dog that also did under 4.0 was the 6. There was no pace to the bend from any of the dogs either so she got free run round the first bend and the OI OI's were up as soon as she turned infront.

We ran round to see her afterwards and she was really happy, and has proved she wants it when she can be bothered in her last two runs! She did her best time yet - 27.80 on what I assume was normal going.

Rodney pinged out also, and would have led had he not had the 5 dog decide to tred all over him out the boxes, he then turned 3rd and the 2 dog pushed him onto the grass off the second bend, going into the 3rd he got touched wide again and never really got into full flow. Kinda annoying his last two races really, shit time for this race too. He opened 5/4 on track which was pretty funny too.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 21, 2009, 12:38:43 AM »

And she led? Wow!

Well the race was an A8, but a weak A8 tbh.

All the dogs do around 4.0 sectionals and it just so happened that Cassie did her best sectional yet (3.95 - still not fast at all), and the only dog that also did under 4.0 was the 6. There was no pace to the bend from any of the dogs either so she got free run round the first bend and the OI OI's were up as soon as she turned infront.

We ran round to see her afterwards and she was really happy, and has proved she wants it when she can be bothered in her last two runs! She did her best time yet - 27.80 on what I assume was normal going.

Rodney pinged out also, and would have led had he not had the 5 dog decide to tred all over him out the boxes, he then turned 3rd and the 2 dog pushed him onto the grass off the second bend, going into the 3rd he got touched wide again and never really got into full flow. Kinda annoying his last two races really, shit time for this race too. He opened 5/4 on track which was pretty funny too.

Never having "always led" before, she might just now realise what the game is about, & having absorbed the congrats hugs & love, realise leading is a good thing.

A good few days for the 2 Rooks Babes.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1117 on: September 02, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »

wow page 59 and march 31st was the last time i posted on this thread and so much has happened since then!

to date the racing records for both rodney and cassie are as follows:

rodney: 12 races run, winner 3 times, 2nd 5 times, 3rd once and 4th 3 times.

cassie: 12 races won, winner twice, 2nd once, 3rd 3 times, 4th twice, 5th 5 times and last once.

The most frustrating thing as far as Rodney is concerned is that his first 3 wins were in his first 3 runs and that he has had 5 2nd places since then! He always seems to be a little unlucky in running at the moment and getting his fair share of trouble. In his 12 runs he has never been beaten by more than 4 1/2lengths which is testimony to his concistency and battling qualitys. Unfortunatly due to this the grader at oxford has never once downgraded him back to a3 where he would be undoubtably a standing dish!

its now time for rodney to step up to a longer trip which hopefully he will be more effective. after a satisfactory trial last week he finds himself in a top grade 6 bend race tomorrow evening. it looks a tough introduction to 6 bend racing but hopefully he can run well. We arent yet sure how far he will stay at top pace yet sand the trainer reported he did tire a little close home in his trial. this may not be for lack of staying it might just be a lack of condition for running a longer trip. this should improve the more he runs over 6 bends.

as for cassie she has finally come good after 9 races without a win she managed to win 2 in a row which was fantastic. she was then also stepped up in trip to a distance that should suit her but was a little disappointed in her first 6 bend race. She is also running tomorrow night back down to 4 bends and a grade higher than her last win. she is nearly reaching the optimum time for a bitch out of season so hopefully will show more improvement over the next few runs.

the next few weeks will be interesting and will answer a few questions. will rodney be able to become an open racer over 6 bends? will cassie improve and win over 6 bends too.

fingers crossed 

TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 02, 2009, 05:02:45 PM »

Welcome back to the thread ITB

I have just looked at Rodneys card for tomorrow, it looks an interesting race, as you say not easy but if he is the class that he should be I think he can do it.

I am glad he has stepped up in distance, running the 4 bends especially at Oxford is such a lottery at that first bend.

Fingers crossed for the double.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: September 02, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »

The thing i'm most lookin forward to is Rodney potentially leading over the 6 bend trip. Who knows what he can do when he can lead dogs over 6 bends and gets the trip after a few runs. Only time will tell I guess, looks like he can lead up tomorrow night though IMO...

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1120 on: September 02, 2009, 05:57:29 PM »

looks like he can lead 3 and 1 so clearing 2 is the key imo.

if it was a 4 bend a2 i think he would be favourite though trap3 was recently a1.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 02, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »

Is the race at Oxford? Rodney tomorrow I mean

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1122 on: September 02, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »