blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225451 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2008, 02:17:27 AM »

omg this is the first i have seen this video. did rodney really do a 15.90 rooks?

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2008, 02:24:03 AM »

both dogs green as fuck especially out the traps. both lost plenty out the boxes especially rodney and if the 15.90 is right trapping that bad then he could be anything

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2008, 02:35:42 PM »

was there supposed to be dogs in those videos kev?  Grin
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 13, 2008, 12:32:25 AM »

LOL I filmed them on my "nokia brick" ... waddya want ffs, the full "Dreamworks" production.

you get to see them come out of the traps and come round the last bend, what more do ya want.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 13, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

LOL I filmed them on my "nokia brick" ... waddya want ffs, the full "Dreamworks" production.

you get to see them come out of the traps and come round the last bend, what more do ya want.

ffs, you can see how fast they were going, just hold the camera in front of them a little bit, sigh!

anyway nice to HEAR the dogs are doing well Roll Eyes
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »

Just come back from the dogs this morning. As they have only been in the boxes twice (Cassie) and once (Rodney), they only get short hare's. Meaning that as soon as they get in the boxes the hare is only a second or two away so the lids can open quicker. Cassie went today with a long hare, meaning she has to wait in the boxes a bit longer. So the key was that she didnt turn around in the boxes whilst waiting for the hare.

She was first up, whilst Rodney would receive a short hare again and would be in 2nd. Cassie gets out the van aware and already knowing what is going to happen. She goes into the boxes no problem and leans forward. I am standing in front of the boxes (by the side of the track) whilst the hare is starting to move. She looked forward the whole time, no thought of even turning around. Lids opened and she comes out... She broke about the same time as last week but didnt turn out of the boxes this time and was soon running to the first. She got into a nice stride quickly and down the far side I was really pleased with how she was opening up very nicely. She ran all the way to the pick up and when she reached the hare she got a bite in it and wouldn't let go! The trainer pulled her off but with it also came the tail of the hare! A very pleasing run, of which I was certain she had gone faster than last week.

Rodney was next. And he is a big guy. You won't understand quite how big until you actually see him. 36-38 kilo's of pure muscle, hard as nails and an absolute nutter! John takes him to the traps, puts him through once. Then they close the lids down and go to put him in, of course he doesn't want to go in, he just wants to chase the hare without actually getting in the traps! As much as you push him he pushes back, it was quite funny, and I caught it on vid lol. Finally he was in, and the hare arrived, lids opened and Rodney, breaking slightly better than last week, but not to his best. He then stormed to the first bend and round it, so much better than last week when I worried he was going to stop chasing at one point. If there was a doubt he didnt want the hare then it disappeared today. He flew round and up the far side, and ran well to the pickup, although you could see he had done his running earlier.

It was a very impressive performance by both dogs, and we waited anxiously to see if they could knock any time off previous weeks.

Rodney                Cassie

1st Look                   15.90                   15.88
2nd Look                   15.48                   15.65
3rd Look                  Next Week              15.50

So a good morning! Cassie knocking near enough 2 lengths off again this week, without trapping again, and Rodney also without trapping, knocked over 5 lengths off his time from last week!!

Cassie will be trialling on Thursday week round Oxford. Official time trials, the important ones. Rodney will go with a long hare next week and as long as no turning in the boxes he will join her the week after. It's finally starting to get going. Just touchwood that no injuries or little niggles slow the training down please!

Ps.. I video'd today too, if anyone knows how to get them from Iphone to youtube pls let me know!

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »

Good stuff .... That first race is getting closer and closer.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »

Looking good thumbs up

Great updates Rookie/Kev.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 17, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

Rooks, what time is Cassie trialling at oxford next week, I assume you will still be in the land of sin, let me know and I will get to Oxford and watch.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: November 17, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »

Rooks, what time is Cassie trialling at oxford next week, I assume you will still be in the land of sin, let me know and I will get to Oxford and watch.

it will be thursday week kev, not sure what time though but i will be attending, as soon as i know time il let you know.

rodney will be trailling next sunday again at bicester, this time it will be a longer hare. Cant wait for this the boy was mightly impressive sunday and there is loads of improvement in him. when he learns to trap out this boy could do a serious time!

speaking to the trainer after sundays trials he said that the 15.48 and 15.50 times they recorded would equate to 28.00 round oxfords 4 bends as long as they stayed 4 bends (and he doesnt see a reason why not). this would be good enough to grade in at a6 level now but with obvious improvement who knows where theyl be.

i just hope they keep sound, rodney was holding his leg a little after sunday but he is the biggest wuss under the sun so hopefully nothing serious (the trainer said it might have been because the track was overly salty and might have got into his pads a bit). he walked off back to the van sound enough.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »

update

bad news
unfortunatly rodney wont be trialling again this sunday as he came of sore in his right hock after last weeks trial. nothing to serious but looks like its set him back another 2 weeks im afraid.

good news

Cassie trials next thursday at oxford. it will be her first official trial and the first big step towards her first race.

without hoping to bok i can see an itb/blonde pre xmas trip to oxford all going well.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2008, 12:39:39 AM »

bokked by turny.

cassie come into season again so missing the trial... gonna get her supressed though so hopefully wont lose too much time.

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2008, 01:58:07 AM »

bokked by turny.

cassie come into season again so missing the trial... gonna get her supressed though so hopefully wont lose too much time.

top bokkage!!!!!!

mick reckons she may trial next week at oxford if suppressed tomorrow and she drys up quickly.

as for the clumsy monster that is rodney he wii be given another weeks rest then be looked over by the vet next friday and all being well will trial at bicester the following sunday then oxford the week after that.

please please no more hold ups!

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 29, 2008, 12:06:08 AM »

the dwell ups just make it alll the more sweet when you get there!!!

it'll happen thumbs up
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: November 29, 2008, 04:48:38 AM »

Cheers mate. Fingers crossed...

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: