blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:38:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225479 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 26, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »

Heres hoping she pings the lids this time. 

Would be nice but unlikely tbh!

3 dog trial prob in about 25 min. In with an ex lame dog in 2 and another qualifying dog in 6.

gogogogogogogogogogogogogo
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 26, 2009, 12:30:59 PM »

Good Luck.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 26, 2009, 12:32:55 PM »

Pleeeeeeeeeease ping the lids.

Good luck Cassie.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2009, 01:28:13 PM »

Is this the longest 25 minutes or what?
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2009, 01:29:19 PM »

LOL

I got a phone call as soon as the trial finished ... NER NER NER  Cheesy

I will let rooks post the details though.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2009, 01:33:53 PM »

As it happens my mobile is at home! So Ner ner Ner ner Ner to you too! Wink

ps Kev msn me!!!!!!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2009, 03:41:55 PM »

Cheers for waiting Kev, appreciated.

Well, just got back from the best visit to a dog track i've had! It might not sound that great to you guys but i'll tell you anyway!

As usual just seeing her walking up the straight to the track got my nervous, she looks so good in her muzzle and jacket and walks so gracefully! She was in with two dogs from other trainers, which I didn't mind, as normally she is in with same trainer's dogs. They got her loaded into the traps, Trap 4.

The 2 dog in the race was exlame, meaning he had run competitively but had pulled up most likely for something or another previously. He was obviously going to be the one to beat, the 6 dog was also a Qualifier (like Cassie).

The hare was on the move and I stare at the lids, praying for her to come out even and give herself every chance! The lids open, I stare, and shes out! Not lightening pace but she got herself out the box as quick as the other two, she put it in to the first bend and upon turning the bend she checked behind the 2 dog who had gone up half a length ahead of her. Down the far side she ran a little green and lost a couple of lengths on the dog infront, but was well ahead of the 6 dog.

Round the third bend she started finding her feet again and kept the 2 dog within reach but couldn't make up any real ground on it and she crossed the line 2nd, by what I thought was about 4 lengths max. She was infront again by the pickup and had no problems with looking at any other dogs etc!

Now the nervous wait for the time, Turny had a stopwatch on him and tried to time most races, and he reckoned she had done about 28.28.. "Winning order for Trial 23 was, 4 x 2 x 6".. WTF?? Cassie didnt win? "Oops, sorry, 2 x 4 x 6, winning time 27.82, distances 4 and 3/4, 5l."

Working out at approx 8 spots per length we realised she had done about 28.20! This I was obviously ecstatic with and new she had put in a good run, but more importantly, I know she is capable of better. Asked Mick before I left to ring me when he finds out sectional and going.

Just got off the phone to him and he tells me the sectional was 3.99, which isn't flying, but for her it bloody is! lol. The going was 10 slow so her time was calculated at 28.21 (-10), so 28.11. This is one spot outside grading time which is a disappointment! If she had done 28.10 she could have been going round the track v v soon! And some nice gambles could have been landed in bottom grade Wink

As it goes its not the worst thing she gets another trial, I would hope to see her in the 2 box next week as I think if she was drawn in 2 this week it could have been a different story.

Onwards and Upwards! .. Grin

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »

Also went to the kennels afterwards to see Rodney. He is looking great, in fine shape and chomping at the bit. Walking him down the road and he had his eyes on everything and ears pricked the whole way!

We gave him a run on the green which he enjoyed and then took him back to the kennel where they was feeding. They put his down, a full bowl, and within a minute and a half he had done the lot! He was last to get his food, out of all the dogs, but first to finish! Unbelievable the way he got through it!!

HI HELEN!
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »

weeee, good stuff Rooks.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2009, 04:01:02 PM »

In all the excitement, and it sounds like there was plenty, did you get the chance to take any pics?

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2009, 04:02:22 PM »

In all the excitement, and it sounds like there was plenty, did you get the chance to take any pics?

Dad got a couple, but not many, will post once he's sent them to me later. Got some of Rodney too.

HI HELEN!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »

Dad got a couple, but not many, will post once he's sent them to me later. Got some of Rodney too.

Thanks, it was a good account and would be nice to have vision as well. Looking forward to hearing about Rodney's turn.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2009, 04:05:38 PM »

Both out next week all going to plan.

HI HELEN!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 26, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »

Good stuff rooks, nice one
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA