blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:52:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 224720 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 24, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »

I personally think Oxford doesnt suit Cassie ... imo she needs a bigger track, I think Oxford is too short for her.

She seems to do her best work late on, and a slightly longer trip could well suit.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: February 24, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »

cant go on indefinatly trialling and at some point a decision will have to be made.

What does that mean?  Could she in effect 'fail' at trialling and that would be the end of her chances of making it?

because she has come so close to the recently lowered grading time she will be given every chance to obtain a grading time. because of the number of dogs currently on the grading strength the time for pups to grade in was lowered from 28.30 to 28.10. that may not seem alot to some but thats a distance of 2 1/2 metres.
cassie has broken the old grading time on more than 1 occasion.

maybe there are easier tracks out there to grade at, this is an option to consider obviously because all the time shes taking to grade (following set backs as well) is shortening her potential racing career.

i think  it is to early to go down the route of she may not be good enough and take her home as a pet, if she was running a long way off grading time and getting a clear run then this obviously would have to be the path but obviously she isnt.

i agree with kev to a certain point in that the 450 oxford trip doesnt suit her but as for the track itself i think it suits her fine. she is beginnig to stick to the rails like glue so is running the track fairly well. if she can grade over the 450 then in time i can see her well suited to the 6 bend 590metre trip where she could end up better class.

TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 24, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »

Oxford is a tough track to come from off the pace, give her a spin at Swindon, the gallop will do her good.
I've always been a believer of horses for courses and as such would move my dogs to tracks the suited their style.
I remember watching a fast bitch at Hove who never had a hope in hell of making the distance, I even called the trainer to try and buy her but the owners wanted to keep her at Hove, such a waste.

Good luck next week guys.
cod meharly
#9 - Evans

#9 - Evans

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 01, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »

Rooks here :

Just got off phone with Mick. Rodney due to go round the schooling track today. Well, he got put through the boxes twice and locked in today. Didn't turn around and pinged the lids, like he did last week. Mick said he has run very well. As he finished the guy who times him shouts down, "Fook me that was quick, that dog could be derby class". Orly?

He did a 14.88 round there. Last week when he done a 15.30 Mick said that dogs that do near 15 seconds are generally open race class. What a great run from the boy! One step at a time though obviously and the next is to get him trialling round Oxford. He will be getting a solo next Monday hopefully and as long as he doesn't turn in the boxes then a 3 dog trial the following. The only worry now is him turning in the boxes, oh, and injury. Please don't set him back any longer.

Could be some exciting times ahead?

[  ] im good hu
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

14.88 is fast!!!!! the monster is ready to be unleashed!!!!

on to cassie tomorrow, i will be attending her trial again but this time alone as rooks is off to budapest in the morning. lets hope tomorrow is a good day and cassie grades.

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2009, 10:14:41 AM »

n1

gogogogogogo
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2009, 10:25:13 AM »

It's starting to get exciting.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 02, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »

Just tried ringing turny for an update ... no answer ... sigh.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: March 02, 2009, 01:47:49 PM »

i overslept and didnt get there doh!!!!

waiting for mick to get back to me with the news, as soon as i know il let you all know

i cant wait til next week i really cant, rodney doing a solo

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 02, 2009, 01:52:41 PM »

waiting for mick to get back to me with the news, as soon as i know il let you all know

LOL fkin useless.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: March 02, 2009, 01:54:48 PM »

LOL fkin useless.

i know, gutted but could drag myself out of bed!

next week il prob wont be able to sleep lol

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 02, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cassie did a 28.06, held up and forced to check twice !!

SHE HAS GRADED, 1st RACE COULD BE WITHIN 10 DAYS !!!

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: March 02, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »

Go GIRL!

Chuffed for you Rooks.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: March 02, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »

get in there my beauty!!!!

as kev said she done a 28.06 which is half a length inside grading time. it was a 3 dog trial and after missing the break slightly again she still managed to improve on her sectional recording a 3.93.
she finished 3rd in her trial and the official comments were forced to check 1st and crowded 3rd.

so to manage to record a grading time was a great achievement and shows she is at least improving. a couple of runs in bottom grade with her getting used to running with 5 other dogs then hopefully and then get some work in her to get her to climb the grades.

just to see her in a race will be amazing, remembering back to that shy nervous 9 week old pup we picked up in a luton car park grown into a fantastic looking racing bitch.
She looks every bit a racing dog, a great walker always on her toes ready for the job whereas rodney just lollops along eyes on everything.

theres a slim chance she will race saturday but thursday week looks the most likely for her debut.
rooks is back from hungary saturday lunchtime so whenever it is we will be there!

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: