blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. - Day 4 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. - Day 4 - At A Glance  (Read 9427 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 05:57:05 AM »

R

Been watching the feature table predominantly, which was a little wierd as there were only four players partaking, and just the two when Barry and Amnan left the table for a breather - David Singer and Kenny Tran being the men left to do battle.

Amnan had brought in for 15k, only for Dave Singer to makes it 50k with the .

Tran then raised to 100k with the , Singer re-raised to 150k and Tran called.

Tran = (?)(?)

Singer = (?)(?)

Singer bet 50k, Tran called.

Tran = (?)(?)

Singer = (?)(?)

Tran bet 100k, Singer calls.

Tran = (?)(?)

Singer = (?)(?)

Tran bets 100k, Singer calls.

River card dealt face down.

Tran bets 100k, Singer calls.

Tran takes a big pot with A-2-3-4-6
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 06:17:31 AM »

S

Bruno Fitoussi's a lively character. Benjo seems to think he's a regular at the mixed game tables in the Aviation Club, and with high success rate too, but here at the Rio, a few pro players, who shall remain unnamed, have questioned his ability as a HORSE player, suggesting that people are disappointed when he moves from their table.

From watching him at the felt, the Frenchman loves to play hands, and I just witnessed him get involved in 4 or 5 in a row.

The one that progressed the furthest was against Gabe Kaplan, the High Stakes Poker commentator folding to Bruno's 50k bet with   , adding, "I can't even beat Ace King".

The next hand, Bruno was the one doing the folding, this time to Thor Hansen, Bruno was showing Ace King, and as they hit the muck, he commented, "It's not easy folding a hand like that," to which the Norwegian replied, "No, not for you."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 06:33:09 AM »

1st  John Hanson -- $2,950,000
2nd  Amnon Filippi -- $2,600,000
3rd  Kenny Tran -- $2,190,000
4th  Freddy Deeb -- $1,600,000
5th  Barry Greenstein -- $1,500,000
6th  David Singer -- $1,460,000
7th  Thor Hansen -- $1,000,000
8th  Gabe Kaplan -- $460,000
9th  Bruno Fitoussi -- $440,000

worldseriesofpoker.com
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 06:35:24 AM »

S

Barry Greenstein loses over half a mil to David Singer in one hand - Barry raised preflop to 100k, got re-raised and called.  So 160k each in the middle before they hit fourth street... on which Barry paired his Fives and bet out, called by David.  He continued betting until the river, when the 100k was raised to 200k by David, who showed two Aces underneath to make his single showing Ace part of three-of-a-kind, which took that large pot.  Wish I could bring you more detail, but I couldn't hear what the announcer was saying, and on the Stud games the screens don't give you shots of the boards.  In any case, that was a pretty big hit to his stack...

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 07:08:02 AM »

And Freddy Deeb ends the day in the same fashion, winning a huge pot, which at the same time knocked out Gabe Kaplan in 9th place, for $131,424...

E

Thor Hansen started it all off by completing preflop, but with a raise to 100k from Gabe Kaplan and a call from Deeb it was going to be interesting.  It was fourth street where the last of Gabe Kaplan's chips went in the middle, along with more of the other two's.  The betting didn't stop just because one player was all in, however, and a juicy side pot of several hundred thousand grew between Freddy Deeb and Thor Hansen.
The only player's hand I could see in its entirety as it was dealt was Hansens - on 7th street he was showing X X three diamonds , which lost in both respects to Freddy, as did short-stack Kaplan.  Our angle as spectators is such that the other hands were totally invisible to me - such is the tradeoff for having a low-level badge.

It looked like Hansen was left with just a few stray chips, too, after the hand was over - will be interesting to see how the final table's chips are distributed now...

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: