blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. - Final Table
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. - Final Table  (Read 10615 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 03:18:28 AM »

John Hanson -- 4,095,000   
Amnon Filippi -- 3,465,000   
Freddy Deeb -- 2,585,000   
Bruno Fitoussi -- 2,380,000   
Kenny Tran -- 2,340,000   

These are some more uptodate chip counts, from worldseriesofpoker.com...

I have to say that until the last few hands it really looked like Fitoussi was struggling around the 1.5 mil mark, but now the chips are evening out.  I am delighted to have estimated these stacks around these numbers (oh what two years' practise will do for you) for a lady who was studiously texting someone the latest from the beer stall at the top of the viewer stand.  I was surprised to find the Official Beer of the WSOP right there up some stairs overlooking the Final Table, but there it was, cheap, chilled and foamy and in lots of people's hands.  I think the GUKPT could benefit from an Official Beer.  Any suggestions?

Beer that'll knock you out...

And it's for and by 'Trappistes'...you win the poker related beer contest with no further entries accepted.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 03:22:11 AM »

The biggest chip movers have been, today, John Hanson (upwards) and Freddy Deeb (downwards).  In fact, Mr. Deeb was on under 700k just now, and I thought this round might see him all-in.  Yes, it happened, like so:

O

Having laid down the hand before on the flop to John Hanson, Freddy was seriously low as he saw a flop against Kenny Tran - a bet there left him with just 80k, which was always going in on the turn.  Call from Kenny, who showed A-Q-T-2, drawing stone cold dead against Freddy Deeb's .

Quads for the Hawaiian-shirted Deeb, and we are still five-handed.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 03:42:18 AM »

*************DINNER BREAK - 1hr 30.  Back at 9pm (5am UK time...)***********

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 05:51:00 AM »

Kenny Tran finishes in 5th place, winning $444,000

As seems to be the case with this kind of poker, there's often not one huge deciding hand, but a succession of hands which, at the level of blinds they're playing now, quickly decimate and then finish off a stack.  Damage was done in the last Razz round, with Amnon Filippi officially knocking out the popular player.  Amnon Filippi himself, however, has gone right down in chips, while it is unpredictable Frenchman Bruno Fitoussi who's surged ahead. 

R

Now taking his turn as a short stack, Amnon Filippi completes showing the two spades, Freddy Deeb calls.  Amnon bets fourth and fifth streets, with Freddy calling him down (raising a small amount on 5th, actually, to get him all in).  Amnon shows at this stage [ ] two spades and improved with a to a six-perfect low, while Freddy had paired a Ten on 5th and had no chance on the river.  Double up. 

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 05:59:30 AM »

S

With Kenny Tran gone, there is no contest for who has the loudest supporters - it's Freddy Deeb, who's taken down four out of the first five Stud hands played this round, with his railing fans getting more and more excited.

The blip in his recent success has come from John Hanson, who's been pretty agressive, completing most initial bets or raising straight away.  It's worth taking down the antes (30k each) and bring-in (30k) and he seems quite good at it.  In this hand, Freddy brought in showing the , and called when John made it 120k.  Freddy bet out on fourth street, and was called.  Then with the boards looking like:
John Hanson:  X X
Freddy Deeb:  X X   John's check-raise to 240k took it off Deeb.

But the next hand, it was John calling Freddy's complete bet with three diamonds, Freddy showing the .
Fourth street:  Freddy:  X X Two Clubs  vs.  John:  X X three diamonds      Freddy check-called the 120k.
Fifth street:  Freddy:  X X Two Clubs vs.  John:  X X three diamonds    Now Freddy bet out 240k, call from John.
The next card paired Freddy's Ace while giving John the , at which point another bet out of 240k saw off his adversary, and the crowd goes wild... "GO ON Freddeeeee..."

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 06:02:13 AM »

Incidentally, while Freddy Deeb and John Hanson were playing pot after pot against each other, the bring in was falling to Amnon Filippi every time.  He was passing to the complete or the raise, but this was effectively seeing him ante 60k a hand for about six hands.  Not good when you're the short stack with what looks like under a million in chips left...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 06:23:59 AM »

S

Bruno brings in with the for 30k. Freddy raises to 120k with the . Amnon calls with the , Bruno calls too.

Bruno:

(?) (?) three clubs (?)

Freddy:

(?) (?)

Amnon:

(?) (?) (?)

On fourth street, Freddy checks and Amnon bets and both Bruno and Freddy call. The same occurs on 5th street with a double bet of 240k called in both spots. On 6th street, Amnon bets 240k with just 20k back, Bruno raises to 480k and Freddy reluctantly mucks. Amnon calls and shows for Queens and Sixes with an Ace high flush draw! Bruno shows for a Nine-High Flush, meaning Amnon would have to hit a Queen, Six or Spade to win. They both receive their final card face down, Bruno's card is incidental and he flips a useless . Amnon takes a slow long squeeze at his final card before turning over the with a hint of frustration. The two players embrace and Amnon Fillipi, whose birthday it is tomorrow finishes in 4th place winning $586,080

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2007, 06:46:47 AM »

E

Very slow, this round.  We didn't get past the initial raise of the bring-in more than three times while I was watching.  One hand where we did, just, involved Freddy Deeb who brought in showing the three clubs and called Bruno Fitoussi's bet of 120k showing the .  Fourth street brought Freddy a and Bruno a , with which he bet Mr. Deeb off after he'd checked.

That's about it, really, for the last 15 mins.  Break at the moment, and it will be back to Hold'em when they return.  I am going to grab one of those bar stools round the edge of the viewing platform while the audience members have followed each other out into the corridor for no reason.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2007, 07:31:05 AM »

H

Chip counts before the Hold 'Em started

John Hanson -- 1.5 million
Freddy Deeb -- 2.2 million
Bruno Fitoussi -- 11.175 million

Blinds 75k/150k with 150k/300k

Bruno is raising most pots, (as he should). John re-raises to 450k from the small blind, Freddy gets out of the way and Bruno calls

Flop:

two hearts

Bruno calls a 150k bet

Turn:

Bruno calls a 300k bet.

River:

John Hanson bets 300k again, Bruno dwells for ages before calling. Hanson shows , Bruno mucks his face up.

Shortly afterwards they are sparring again, John calling a preflop raise in the big blind from Bruno in the small before calling the frenchman's bet on a board and then betting 300k on the three diamonds turn when Fitoussi checked to take the pot.

Deeb has been fairly inactive, preferring to let the other two trade blows. He's taken the blinds a couple of times, but is probably the lowest stacked.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »

O

Bruno has now been raising nearly every hand preflop through the end of the hold'em round and into the Omaha 8/b.  A raise now, incidentally, takes it up to 300k (blinds 80k/150k).  He let a couple go after the flop, however, mainly to John Hanson, who is second in chips.

But the amount he lost in the couple of smallish pots he conceded to Hanson he took back of Freddy Deeb, raising to 300k preflop and getting a call.
Flop:    Here Bruno called Freddy who bet out 150k, and they checked thereafter as the and came down.
Bruno showed:  two hearts which somehow managed to scoop.

Then Bruno raised again to 300k in the small blind, called by big blind Hanson.
Flop:  Two Diamonds   Bruno bet 150k, call from John.
Turn:    Bruno bet 300k; call.
River:    Bruno damage-limits by check-calling, only for John to show the three clubs for the wheel.  Scoop back.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »

The short stack is now Freddy Deeb...raised off after flat calling Bruno's big blind, and then this:

O

John Hanson raised on the small blind, and Freddy called on the big blind.  Flop:    Freddy called John's 150k bet.
Turn:    John checked, Freddy bet 300k - call.
River:    Check-check.  John Hanson's nice-looking but non-improved Two Diamonds two hearts took it all.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 08:01:37 AM »

O

Bruno has given away a few chips in this level. The most was to Freddy Deeb on the river of a board who bet 300k, was called by Fitoussi and the Deebster showed two hearts x (last card not shown or announced) for an A-2 low and a Ten-high flush which scooped ahead of Bruno's Two Clubs three clubs for a 2-3 low with a straight.

The last hand before a 15 minute break was a split pot between Bruno and John on a 5-K-2-7-Q board, Bruno taking the low with A-3 and John the high with two pair, Sevens and Fives.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 08:08:48 AM »

top updating as usual guys...

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2007, 08:16:56 AM »

I've just caught up, great updates guys, tyvm.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2007, 08:19:43 AM »

Rumour has it Bruno is down to 6 milion and has somehow passed off 5 million or so chips to the other two.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: