blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $5,000 Short-handed NLHE: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $5,000 Short-handed NLHE: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 14974 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »

Although a far cry from his dominating run throughout the duration of yesterday's play, infamous coffee spitter Men 'The Master' Nguyen is still battling away, the foreboding image of Tony G seated across the other side of the table.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »

Two empty seats have emerged, one belonged to Jordan Smith, the other Eugene Katchatov, both of whom I can only assume are OUT.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 11:13:43 PM »

With the Convention Centre being so full for the $2k NL event, I was at jam-packed rail watching the $5k next to Neil Channing who was railing for Vicky Coren (before she got knocked out).

I jokingly said, "Hey Neil. God, it's like a Convention Centre in here!"

Neil didn't pick up on this I think, because he said, "That's because it is a Convention Centre."

I didn't want to say that that was my joke so I just said something along the lines of, "Ahhh...yes, so it is."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 11:17:06 PM »

Roland and Ram now sharing a table.

The uber-rail in the distance is for Phil Hellmuth.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 11:18:24 PM »

The-usually-hatted-but-not-today Nicolas Levi (is he French or English?) is OUT, in rather disappointing circumstances.

He was running well with 90k, but claimed that Aussie hotshot Mark Vos was raised his blind every round, and thus, opted to make a stand with K-J. Unfortunately for Nicolas, this was the time Vos had the goods, and the worst possible kind in Pocket Kings.

No miracle arrived and Levi was sent packing and left to ponder his all-in overbet.

"I had to make a stance at some point. The raise was only 10k, so I haven't got a great ratio to push for 90k, but I can't let him push me around," he suggested. "If he'd have folded, it would have been great for my table image, but it wasn't to be."

Edit: Just realised Floppy reported this - damn, does this mean I'm going to have to read what Floppy writes in future? 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 11:26:23 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 11:20:23 PM »

10 minute break

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 11:25:08 PM »

Leaning over the rail like an out-of-control Take That fan, I grab a quick analysis of Ram Vaswani's stack, which has now inexplicably jumped up to 235k. I say inexplicably because Ram was involved in no huge pot.

Aware that the reserved Hendon Mobber isn't a massive fan of gibbering on about hands and revealing all his secrets through blogs, I tried to prise some info out of him or maybe, at the very least, a quote or two.

"You don't give away much, Ram," I poked. "Come on, give us a scoop, how did you get them chips?"

"No major pots really, a few medium sized ones," he replied. "Put it this way, I didn't have to show any cards, just the way I like it."

As he left to enjoy his brief break, the TD coloured up his chips so that he now possessed some sparkling orange ones worth 5k, he added, "The future's bright..."

"The futures blonde?" said I.
luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 11:26:51 PM »

Can we get a chip count for Robert Bright please.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 11:29:53 PM »

The-usually-hatted-but-not-today Nicolas Levi (is he French or English?) is OUT, in rather disappointing circumstances.

He's French but lives in London.

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:46 PM »

Snoops & Flops

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »

How many get paid? Go on rab take her down!!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 11:39:03 PM »

Multi accounter Justin 'ZeeJustin' Bonomo is OUT, pushing in pre-flop with J-3, but getting looked up by the rather dominating A-J of Danny Noam. No help.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 11:44:48 PM »

Multi accounter Justin 'ZeeJustin' Bonomo is OUT, pushing in pre-flop with J-3, but getting looked up by the rather dominating A-J of Danny Noam. No help.

Moments before that, Noam was involved in a relatively chunky hand with table neighbour with Matt Brady (assuming he hasn't moved tables), the former raising to 20k pre-flop with which was Pocket Deuces (I sneaked an accidental peak), only for Brady to call from the button and fold to a solid 40k bet on the Flop. Strong play from Noam.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:33:11 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 11:45:06 PM »

For a moment, I thought Tony G had departed this $5k Short-Handed event, but on second glance, he'd merely moved tables, joining the equally infamous Dutch Boyd over in the middle table. Curiously, both are keeping a relatively low profile, barely a murmur between the pair of them.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »

Can we get a chip count for Robert Bright please.

Mike, I've had a look all around the tables, but I don't think it's THAT Robert Bright. We checked with the bustee's who made the money and he's not out. So we're assuming it's someone else with the same name.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: