blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:13:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Let them fight or take 2 out?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let them fight or take 2 out?  (Read 2102 times)
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »

math done. you can only call here and be +EV if you put shortie on a 100% pushing range and wolfie on a pushing range higher than 80%! thats a range that includes 10-2 off suit and 54 suited. likely when he's about to have the button next hand? i don't think so..
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 02:32:02 AM »

math done. you can only call here and be +EV if you put shortie on a 100% pushing range and wolfie on a pushing range higher than 80%! thats a range that includes 10-2 off suit and 54 suited. likely when he's about to have the button next hand? i don't think so..

did you use sng pt?

i heard its good but is it worth $80?

temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »

i have a mate who uses that or a similar programme. me and brother were interested in how it work and have worked out the math formula it uses. i don't MT SnGs anymore so i've no use for the programme. i just like to be able to work out the math if i need to Smiley
the guy i know who uses it says it's basically like printing money though. as long as you MT at a limit where the players respect the stratergy. basically anything north of $40 buy-ins.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

i have a mate who uses that or a similar programme. me and brother were interested in how it work and have worked out the math formula it uses. i don't MT SnGs anymore so i've no use for the programme. i just like to be able to work out the math if i need to Smiley
the guy i know who uses it says it's basically like printing money though. as long as you MT at a limit where the players respect the stratergy. basically anything north of $40 buy-ins.

It is irrelevant what buy ins and whether you are multitabling, as to whether an ICM calculator is of use, or value for money. I have SNGPT and i would recommend it to anyone, who is taking sng's seriously.

For higher buy ins people are generally playing closer to optimal strategy but this means you can just plug in more accurate ranges, generally the better the player they will push wider and call tighter in the end game. Vice-versa in the lower buyins. This is of course situational but you get the idea. You get to the point in the higher buyins, where everyone is playing near perfect and you get something called nash equilibrium where there is balancing point where everyone is playing perfectly hence the word equilibrium. So for lower buy ins, you simply adjust the ranges to the players and icm is still completely valid.

As for multitabling you seem to be under the impression that there is better way to play than push/fold if you had the time. There isn't really, playing less tables just means your ranges on opponents should be more accurate and therefore you can tie this back in with icm to make more correct decisions.

Simply the question is $80 worth it to vastly improve your sng game, the answer to this is mostly certainly yes, unless you are playing micro stakes.
UpTheMariners

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 02:30:38 AM »

It is irrelevant what buy ins and whether you are multitabling, as to whether an ICM calculator is of use, or value for money. I have SNGPT and i would recommend it to anyone, who is taking sng's seriously.

For higher buy ins people are generally playing closer to optimal strategy but this means you can just plug in more accurate ranges, generally the better the player they will push wider and call tighter in the end game. Vice-versa in the lower buyins. This is of course situational but you get the idea. You get to the point in the higher buyins, where everyone is playing near perfect and you get something called nash equilibrium where there is balancing point where everyone is playing perfectly hence the word equilibrium. So for lower buy ins, you simply adjust the ranges to the players and icm is still completely valid.

As for multitabling you seem to be under the impression that there is better way to play than push/fold if you had the time. There isn't really, playing less tables just means your ranges on opponents should be more accurate and therefore you can tie this back in with icm to make more correct decisions.

Simply the question is $80 worth it to vastly improve your sng game, the answer to this is mostly certainly yes, unless you are playing micro stakes.

just invested and well worth the money id say. just realised ive been calling too much with marginal hands heads up...

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 02:32:36 AM »

So did you call??

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
UpTheMariners

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 04:13:20 AM »

yeah, a2 (short) & aq

they wasn't happy when the 8 came on the river...

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: