blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Three-handed coup.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Three-handed coup.  (Read 961 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2007, 09:35:41 AM »

Last three of a live MTT, blinds are 500/1k and I am 2nd in chips with 38k.

CL has 80k, other player has 20k.

I am dealt QQ and raise to 3k, other player folds and CL mini-raises to 6k which I decide to flat call.

The flop is and the CL bets 10k.

Does anyone get away from this ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 12:07:49 PM »

I can't get away from it, i'm reraising all in if he has me ..so be it.

The_Diamond

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:48:29 PM »

horrible spot. Could do with more info on the villain. You've got to think his preflop range is very tight here, like TT-AA. It generally is with a min reraise from the BB. I think the only hand you can hope to be uip against after his flop bet is AJ, and your hand has much less value on such a  draw heavy flop.  I tihnk folding is perfectly fine.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 01:09:07 PM »

horrible spot. Could do with more info on the villain. You've got to think his preflop range is very tight here, like TT-AA. It generally is with a min reraise from the BB. I think the only hand you can hope to be uip against after his flop bet is AJ, and your hand has much less value on such a  draw heavy flop.  I tihnk folding is perfectly fine.

Without a read or any further information, you've got to be fairly happy with this flop.  There are plenty of hands he could be betting the pot with, so like The_Nun, I'm sticking it all-in here.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

The pre-flop mini-reraise really worried me as this player is more of a caller, but the texture of that flop induced me to push.

He called quickly. "Aces ?" I enquired. "Yes" said he and no miracle Q appeared and it was third place for me.

The thing is that my gut feeling was that I was in trouble and not for the first time I still pushed. 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 05:57:53 PM »

the old min-raising to make it obvious i've got AA/KK/QQ/AK trick. genius. i've seen it so often from poor live players i could pass it actually. i passed KK preflop in the rebuy period at star city last week. beat that!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »

the old min-raising to make it obvious i've got AA/KK/QQ/AK trick. genius. i've seen it so often from poor live players i could pass it actually. i passed KK preflop in the rebuy period at star city last week. beat that!

mentalist.

HI HELEN!
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »

seriously??
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 01:18:29 AM »

?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: