blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Team poker - what's acceptable and what is not?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team poker - what's acceptable and what is not?  (Read 9231 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 08:06:10 AM »

Well I won't be using msn, text, or anything else during the game, and I won't be soft-playing anyone, end of.

The older I get, the better I was.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 08:21:16 AM »

Well I won't be using msn, text, or anything else during the game, and I won't be soft-playing anyone, end of.

No worries from me on that score RD - the time it takes me to type in a text the comp will be over anyway.

And as for MSN..........

madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 08:22:12 AM »

no soft playing from my team or you are SACKED!!!!!!!!

Patience is a virtue.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »

I always soft-play.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »

Im sorry but soft playing (not msn or that stuff) is NECESSARY and STRATEGICALLY CRUCIAL in a TEAM POKER EVENT. Did anyone watch the pokerstars poker world cup where some countries simply had to fold or push with any 2 cards against certain players because of points standings.
This is not a normal poker game and soft playing must occur for a TEAM to win. 
Even in poker superstars, a solo event, soft playing was actively encouraged because todd brunson had to get the 3 other players to come in an exact order for him to qualify so he would put cindy violette in everytime she raised and protect the one who wears ear plugs, forget his name, as he needed him to come higher up.
Normal rules of poker etiquette dont apply to a team event as when a points sysem is brought in, you are not simply playing for 1st, you are aiming to get 3 of your team mates as high up the ladder as possible!!!

The ONLY thing i thnk is unacceptablein a team event is chip dumping!!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:21:54 AM by KingPoker » Logged

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 09:27:32 AM »

Now i remember why i didn't sign up - as the famous beach boy put it.......

"Play to win baby"!!

Dont forget, the prize of the seat in the live tournament is only available to the winning team member with the lowest score. Now imagine if you helped your team mate out by raising other people out of the pot only to fold to their all-in reraise to give them chips to play with and then they go and get a lower score than you by one point and win the seat into the live event.........

I always soft-play.

no squire that was you play soft - completely different.

sponsored by Fyffes
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 09:38:44 AM »

Agree with Red, apart from some soft play, that bound to happen.....but that should be as far as it goes. Being a computer idiot, I dont know how to set up MSM, never mind use it !!
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 09:50:25 AM »

didn't DC have a bad experience in a team event once? seem to remember him posting about it on THM.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »

didn't DC have a bad experience in a team event once? seem to remember him posting about it on THM.

I think that was more to do with the fact that Neville Southall was unfamiliar with the concept of poker.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 10:09:40 AM »

nah before that, it was in russia i think
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »

Was that the time he played a team game with Tikay and friends where last three left in game avoided the rubber glove treatment? Grin

sponsored by Fyffes
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 10:15:25 AM »

I think that was more to do with the fact that Neville Southall was unfamiliar with the concept of poker.

...or the concept of eating in moderation. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 10:38:11 AM »

Was that the time he played a team game with Tikay and friends where last three left in game avoided the rubber glove treatment? Grin

Noooooooo! Different Events.

DC's was in Russia too, as it happened.

Mine was with the Ed Giddens, Racing Ronnie (Ronnie DeBeauloux) & Pat Keane "Celebrity Poker" Team, when Pat won $90,000. And then the fun began.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ElC

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »

softplaying will happen - anything else should be banned ... I am quite happy that I am not in, as some peoples attitude clearly shows, that they are going to abuse the internets possibilities to collude
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »

It would be nice if certain elements of team play were banned - but I'm not sure how they can be policed, so any ban is nothing more than a token gesture.

It's been pointed out, that although this is a team event, there is also the incentive for individuals to do well.  So I'd expect it to be pretty much self-regulating, with players playing their own game, but obviously not going out their way to damage a team-mate's stack.

The other thing to remember is that half these games are taking place on iPoker software.  There isn't time to collude!  I played on the Virgin poker last night for the first time, and it looks OK I guess. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: