blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha: Final Table
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha: Final Table  (Read 9325 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 12:49:23 AM »

Come on Doyle - lets keep Phil honest.

Doyle Brunson is OUT in 6th place winning $123,967

Blinds had gone up to 30k/60k.

Doyle was crippled in a raised pot against Patrick. Patrick had raised utg with and Doyle had called in the big blind with

Doyle put Antonius in on the Two Clubs flop and was quickly called, with the coming on the turn left no outs for Doyle on the river which was simply the .

Doyle pushed the next hand in the small blind, Patrick called.

Doyle:

Patrick:

Board:

three diamonds

Five now left.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 01:02:24 AM »

Yay Mr Brunson with his most excellent hat.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 01:20:34 AM »

Marco Traniello is OUT in 5th place winnning $156,435

Marco and Rene checked a Two Clubs and Robert bet the pot. Marco called and Rene folded.

The Turn was the and Marco ended up all-in against Robert.

Robert:

Marco

Two Diamonds two hearts

River:

Mark Goodwin was quite critical of Marco's choice of checking his set and letting Robert hit his middle pin straight. 4 are left and there have been some major chip changes, which I'll let you know about in my next hourly post in 10 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 07:12:14 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 01:57:35 AM »

The biggest chip change was down to a monster pot between Rene and Robert in an Aces vs Ace confrontation

Rene:

Robert:

Board:

Two Diamonds

A passionate yell of delight from the Dane as his nut straight holds vs the nut flush draw. Mizrachi is short stacked.

------------------------------------------------

Before he went out, Marco had another hand where he was all-in, this time against Rene.

With the board reading , he pushed for his last chips with against the of Rene.

The turn was the excellent looking to give him a straight flush draw as well as his trips but the meant it was chop chop time.

Robert Mizrachi doubled up his short stack, check/raising all-in against Patrick Antonius who had bet a board. Mizrachi moved in with leaving Antonius needing runner runner for his but Mizrachi was home and dry when the turn came a .

Mizrachi took more chips off Antonius with x-x against the 7-6 of Antonius on a board.

-------------------------------------------------

Patrick takes a pot down with a 350k bet on the river of a against Tommy and Robert.

Rene raises to 180k in the small blind, Tommy calls in the big blind but folds to a pot bet on the three diamonds board.

Blinds are now 40k/80k.

I was about to do the chip counts but they err...just changed

On a board, Patrick moves all-in and Mizrachi calls.

Patrick turns over for the flopped Royal Flush. Mizrachi has Tens full of Jacks. Patrick doubles up.

Martin Wendt standing next to me. "What a luckbox."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 02:01:46 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 02:00:39 AM »

Tommy Ly is OUT in 4th place winning $209,564

He pushed his short stack in with two spades against the Two Diamonds of Rene.

Board:

three clubs

Chip Counts courtesy of the WSOP site:

Robert Mizrachi -- 2.3 million
Patrick Antonius -- 2.28 million
Rene Mouritsen -- 1.78 million
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 02:05:11 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 02:08:22 AM »

That flopped Royal Flush for Mr A is the kind of luck I want to see next week. Goodnight flopmeister - need some sleep. Good posts as always. Ciao!

ps a few people will now be happy that Patrick is now on the score sheet.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 02:22:46 AM »

This is NOT an update.  Just to say good job Homer holding the fort while some of us with weaker constitutions lay in bed for two days having been poisioned by a chicken salad. 

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 02:34:56 AM »

That's an incredibly rubbish thing to poison yourself with. Salad, dude...

Incidentally I got you a wonderful thing from Israeli duty free that you probably don't want to hear about now with your stomach turning on you but you'll love it when you get back...
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 02:58:47 AM »

That's an incredibly rubbish thing to poison yourself with. Salad, dude...

Incidentally I got you a wonderful thing from Israeli duty free that you probably don't want to hear about now with your stomach turning on you but you'll love it when you get back...

I bet it's some kind of desiccated meat snack!  Anyway, I know that's lame, so lame, when I could  be ill because of drinking Witch Doctors (served in goldfish-bowl sized glasses which foam smoke out in bubbles due to dry ice apparently being an ingredient)!  Maybe on my birthday... Wink

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 03:14:15 AM »

Well, I have been watching for the last hour, and I managed to catch one interesting pot (while listening to the Guest Commentator Marc Goodwin, no less)...

Patrik Antonius has been getting a lot of credit for being the most aggressive of the final three, with Robert Mizrachi second-most-aggressive while Rene Morrison is third and getting fewer walks than the other two (although their chip stacks look fairly even).  With the blinds having just been 40k/80k it looks like pretty soon the playing of small pots will be hard.

Antonius seems to limp on the button quite a bit, and just now he got involved in a threeway pot seeing a 7-J-5 all-heart flop.  It checked round - so who was going to bet the turn?  Robert Mizrachi, getting a call from Patrik only.  On the three diamonds river, Robert bet out 350k.  The commentators couldn't decide whether this looked like a value bet or not.  Patrik Antonius thought for a while before deciding that his J-T flush was worth a call.  "Good call," admitted Mizrachi, giving the pot to the popular European.

phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 03:38:00 AM »

ahh the vodoo lounge ... the witch doctor is great I broke a record i think 16 of them in one night.. got told of for throwing the dry ice at people.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 04:14:47 AM »

Two Clubs board, Rene calls a 125k bet from Patrick. Patrick then bets 300k on the turn, Rene raises pot and Patrick folds instantly.

On a , all three players check. Robert Mizrachi bets 200k on the turn, Patrick folds, Rene Mouritsen raises pot, 640k more and Robert folds.

Patrick and Rene see a flop and both check. Patrick bets 350k on the turn to take it down.

-----------------------------

60k/120k blinds

Patrick limps, Rene folds and Robert raises to 420k. Patrick calls.

Flop:

Robert bets 500k and Patrick passes.

A bit of a walkathon but then this VERY interesting hand comes along. I'd love to see what some of you PLO pros think of this.

Robert limps and Patrick checks.

Flop:

Robert checks, Patrick bets 150k, Robert calls.

Turn:

Robert checks, Patrick bets 400k, Robert calls.

River:

Now Robert bets 1.3 million, the majority of his stack and I think probably all of Patrick's stack. Patrick dwells for a while, disgruntled by that river. He passes and exposes . Mizrachi shows 9-8-5-2 with two diamonds. Patrick taps the table and says, "well played."

A short-stacked Patrick next gets it all-in with two hearts against the three clubs of Mouritsen.

Board:

Patrick raises the small blind most times against Rene after this, finally the Dane decides to re-raise him and before you know it, all the chips are in the middle.

Patrick:

two hearts

Rene:

Board:

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 04:15:23 AM »

Elimination!

Patrik Antonius finishes in 3rd place winning $311,394

Short, with 415k, he moved in preflop on the button holding two spades, but it wasn't great timing, as Robert Mizrachi called in the big blind with his two spades.  The board came , and we are now heads up.  Of the two remaining, it's Rene Mouritsen who seems to be the most, er, animated of the two - I think he may have been doing the "Westside!" hand gesture or something similar at his railers as Antonius did the Slow Walk, and I could barely believe it when he stood up and, Michael Jackson-like, crotch-grabbed after making an (admittedly) great call with one pair on the river the hand previously.  Lord only knows what he'll do if he wins it...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 04:23:05 AM »

Not possible. He's a God. God's don't get eliminated.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 04:46:57 AM »

And it's all over  -

After no fewer than three short-stack double-ups by Rene Mouritsen, who was mercilessly raised and loosely called by the chip leading Robert Mizrachi, they got it all-in on a three diamonds flop, with Robert having flopped a set of Nines, while Rene's had outs... they all missed, though, and a crowd mobbed Mizrachi as he took down the table he'd played so well on.  Commentators Marc Goodwin and Robert Williamson clearly rated him highest on the final, and he certainly played well from the couple of hours I made it here for... Roll Eyes

So Rene Mouritsen takes second and $484,877

While the bracelet winner, taking $768,889 is Robert Mizrachi

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: