blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  plo live- obvious play?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: plo live- obvious play?  (Read 1056 times)
rudders

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2007, 01:15:08 AM »

ok scenario is live 1 2 om pl lively game with variable standard of play (including 2 well known nl holdem speciallists relaxing with their white russians in hand). as usual there is a live straddle and there is also a blind raise to $8.
There are 5 in the pot (of 8 seated). you are in mid position  (stack $250)
with mr White Russian (stack $400 +) to your left on the cutoff.
There is a somewhat rocky button still in who you have played before (stack $140)
and 2 americans make up the active players in the blinds (both stacks $250 ish)

You ( the hero) have     
the flop is    
pot is $40 the action is folded to you on the cutoff what do do here?

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:24:49 AM »

Pot it, you are gonna get all sorts of draws in this hand (you may even be behind) JQ, middle trips etc.
So i doubt you'll push everyone out, if you get reraised flat call and see the turn.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:35:21 AM »

absolutely do not pot it. bet 24 and watch the action unfold.

you are very strong and potting it only gets raised by the nuts which prices you out of the call in a soon to be massive pot.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:45:07 AM »

$16??

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:22:09 AM »

$16??

control the pot size. i'm tempted to bet less online but live i just want to bet enough to clear out the big pairs who kill my re draws if a face or ace comes.

Betting pot makes it to easy for anyone holding the nuts to play it well, it only takes one/two callers and then the nuts can shove.

I think this is one of the most common mistakes i see online, very strong hands wasted by allowing someone to price you out of the pot, or of course they call and do their stack or double up, which happens a lot and makes plo profitable.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »

So if there are 1 or 2 callers and a push you are priced in Huh?

Of course not.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:34:59 AM »

So if there are 1 or 2 callers and a push you are priced in Huh?

yes you are correct. i didn't pay much attention to stacks. I still don't pot it though, i want to make my big bet at a blank turn or just call an ugly one. I find top set is an easier hand to play on the turn than the flop when it's often not the nuts..

I've never read an omaha book but i'm a very profitable omaha player so imagine lots of my own theories and ways of playing are non optimum but it works for me and i'm certainly not just a nut peddler.

I imagine in this hand the betting goes nuts and bottom set rivers quads to scoop a monster?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »

i would bet 3/4 of pot $30 oh and i am willing to go broke on this hand if i can get it all in on the flop

if the turn brings a KQJ or 8 then i have to reasses my plans

i could already be facing a better straight but on the flop i have outs

the turn often changes the game in omaha

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:45:05 PM »

ok in this case the hero ( not me as it happensa0 bets $35- nearly the pot. I am not keen on this-nothing hands go away- fine- but you ar vulnernable to a reraise which could be up to $145, with the promise of more from the deeper stacks is a non improving card. I  will assume that you do not reraised by a non nuts hand, as the other candidates to reraise are blocked by your own hand- top set/ 2nd nut str- mid and bottom set are unlikely to repop in this situation imo.

Anyway the button not reraises to $100 ( ie reraise of $65- leaving $40 behind)

What now?

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: