blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Undercover Poker Lover
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Undercover Poker Lover  (Read 879 times)
The Player

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2007, 04:49:24 PM »

Hey Folks,

This may sound strange so let me explain....

I'm doing research into US players playing online poker. The ban itself is full of loopholes, it was mainly initiated to ban sportsbetting etc, but of course poker players are really suffering and it is unfair!

Well, I'm conducting research into what players and cardrooms are doing to get around this. There are various sites many of us know about that are already accepting US players but this is limited and has removed the wonderful variety of what used to be!

So, are you a banned US player that has found a loop hole? Have you found away to play where you like?

If so I'd love to hear from you, I dont want any personal info or anything like that... just what you did/do and how!

You may read this on a variety of different forums and yes i have copied and pasted it to move it around, however i'm trying to get as many responses as possible to this so I'm posting it as many places as i see relevant. I'd appreciate honest answers and any that are received that not only work but are within the law may get a spotlight in the upcoming article.

please either reply or PM me

Thanks to all that respond
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »

Players do things like run their internet connection through proxy servers abroad, but the most ingenious thing I've read was from an American who lived not too far from the Canadian border.

He rents a place just across the border in Canada and has set up a computer there which he always leaves swtiched on. He then logs in from home and plays remotely on his Canadian PC. The added bonus is that when it comes to needing utility bills for cashing out, he has legitimate documents from his Canadian address. I would assume that if he has some sort of Canadian bank account then the US taxman is none the wiser either.
Chriswan
Mister Poker Enthusiast

The side affect of which is mania

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:39:33 PM »

That is extremely clever and an excellent way of doing things. I love people who think like that!

There is a difference between walking the path, and knowing the path.
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »

chris

he might be looking for ways to catch american players................................... FB Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........lol

Patience is a virtue.

The Player

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 09:18:16 AM »

chris

he might be looking for ways to catch american players................................... FB Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........lol

Lol.... I'm in the UK for a start 

Brilliant idea too, remote accessing PC's, hmm... thats pretty smart. But if it wasn't his place there'd be the problem of cashing out... but still thanks, great start Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: