blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:01:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1B - Interactive  (Read 41993 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2007, 02:36:48 AM »

Yep, he knew he was beating Jacks or Kings, but was very worried about A-K and wasn't sure it was worth the re-raise. Apart from the Aces, which you correctly identify as impossible, the rest ought to make sense.

It does, it was the Aces thing that threw me!

Considering that you're beating Jacks and Kings but losing to A-K, is it a definite re-raise then. Do you fold straight away if they raise again?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2007, 02:39:25 AM »

Yep, he knew he was beating Jacks or Kings, but was very worried about A-K and wasn't sure it was worth the re-raise. Apart from the Aces, which you correctly identify as impossible, the rest ought to make sense.

It does, it was the Aces thing that threw me!

Considering that you're beating Jacks and Kings but losing to A-K, is it a definite re-raise then. Do you fold straight away if they raise again?
For me, it would depend on the amounts there. If the guy had me covered, and I still had a stack left...then I might fold. If I had him covered, but not by much, then its a harder decision. If I have a small amount left, then I gamble. I know it's the World Series, but sometimes you have to gamble and hope, no matter what.

Then again, maybe this is why I'm not a pro and Neil is!
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2007, 03:00:13 AM »

Any update on Martin Green? Don't know what table number, just look for the second worst shirt in the room after Dan Alspach  Wink
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2007, 03:03:11 AM »

Ridiculous as this may sound, can they stop players who have been knocked out in the first couple of days entering again on Monday?  From a controls point of view, as opposed to rules.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2007, 03:40:22 AM »

We're currently on the 90 minute break and thus due to return at 8.30pm (4.30am UK time), but just before they left for din dins, I did manage to catch up with a chipped up David Barriclough, fresh off stacking his newly acquired 60k stack. Reluctant to share the gory details at first, a bit of poking let to the information oozing out of the Brit and the swift unveiling of a hand that he may not be overly keen to shout about.

It wasn't a bad beat as such, but did involve David raising under-the-gun with T-9 off suit and receiving 2 callers, which probably wasn't the plan. Anyhow, the 9-8-6 (two diamonds) Flop was about as good as could be expected, and so David bet out 2k to try and take the pot there and then. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out like that, the 'serial raiser', as Dave called him, making it 5k, and the second player moving all-in for 6k.

Thinking that there was perhaps some dead money in the pot, Dave push all-in for 17k in an attempt to represent strength, get the re-raiser to fold and subsequently isolate the all-iner. Again, the plan crumbled somewhat when Mr Aggressive announced call, but, with cards on their back, 'Doobs' somehow found himself, and his T-9, in front, Mr Lucy Goosey having T-8 and the pusher holding the nut flush draw.

Naturally, the two cards were complete blanks and David's pair of nines earned him a monster, if unlikely pot. Take it anyway you can I say, although perhaps I watch too much Jenna Jameson (ahem).

Meanwhile, other British players still holding their own are John Conroy (22k), Vik Kanwar (26k) and Miss Jennifer Mason (30k). Rajesh Modha is fairing slightly better with 40,500 and looking very confident indeed, as is Steve Jelinek with 31,000 - down to 11k after a bluff wrong, but back up to the thirties due to 4 consecutive hands... apparently.

Finally, before the rest of the media and I were outed, last year's double bracelet winner, William Chen, is still in, on 47,500 in fact. With his ruffled hair, casual casual clothes and consistently confused look, you wouldn't believe that this was one of the game's top players, but even though he appears slightly nutty, he's a menace at the table and could easily be still standing when the smoke clears. A dark horse perhaps in this year's Main Event?

Until they return full stomached, I'll leave you with some more Main Event piccies:

(1) Chris Sokrati
(2) Priyan de Mel
(3) Christoffe Stahle
(4) Cliff Josephy
(5) Isabelle Mercier
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 03:47:41 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2007, 04:01:46 AM »

Just spoke to 'Cash Game Wizard' Green, he's got 15k at the dinner break.
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2007, 04:21:19 AM »

Update: Kevin O'Leary is out Sad

Message from him for Sojoe

"200/400 blinds-Down to just under 10k,,,3 limpers for 400 and a raise to 1500 from the button. Sadly me pushing allin with KK, all limpers  passing (one folding AQ) and me then telling the raiser that he was holding AK and it was no good was not enough to convince him to fold, so when the first card out was an ace I strolled to the cabstand. Ho hum."

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »

If someone stumbles past table 104 seat 2, can they have a quick goosey at Simon Stocken's chip count.  Rumour has it he has a beard now so be careful.

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2007, 04:27:44 AM »

If someone stumbles past table 104 seat 2, can they have a quick goosey at Simon Stocken's chip count.  Rumour has it he has a beard now so be careful.

So is that him in the earlier photograph?
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2007, 04:34:52 AM »

Yes it is..a clean  shaven version. 

dj adam a
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2007, 04:37:28 AM »

good luck ROCKETMAN!!! aka(PAUL GOURLAY) "Beware poker players"  he's not just a pretty face!! with his lucky song "THE GAMBLER (KENNY ROGERS)" PAUL GOURLAY has no fear playing true from the start, THE ROCKETMAN IS READY!! good luck mate!! adam a.

http://
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2007, 04:38:22 AM »

Yes it is..a clean  shaven version. 

This guy?

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2007, 04:44:00 AM »

That's him, ha, thank you. 

Clare
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2007, 04:48:22 AM »

The Paul Gourlay Fan Club have arrived home from their crazy night out, Laura (lil sis) & Clare (girlf). How's he doing, please? xxxx
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2007, 05:03:19 AM »

I'm having trouble locating both Simon and Paul, the former has moved tables. Will try again next time I go out, just so many players to plough through, so please bear with us. Thx.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: