blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:10:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 1848 1849 [1850] 1851 1852 1853 1854 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6383675 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27735 on: March 26, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »

That 747 looks normal enough to me, Andrew. The camera sees what the eye sees.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27736 on: March 26, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »

Jen isn't lucky to have got a gig at Sky.  Sky is lucky to have nabbed Jen.  She's an absolute gem imo.

She's a star. Great viewing.

Thanks David. (& Laxie)

Yes, we are blessed to have her, & we know it.

I cannot think of a single person who has her breadth & scope of experence in the poker industry or game, & she's bright, witty, extremely intelligent, & most of all, smiles a lot.

A ready smile is so, so, important, more than most consciously realise. Almost everyone likes happy smiley people.

I think people like shiny happy people more but happy smiley will do.

Right on cue - in the blink of an eyelid perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQ0vDAbF7s&ob=av3n

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #27737 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »

I'm currently losing my religion, never really was into all that God stuff anyway.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27738 on: March 26, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »

I've made this my desktop Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27739 on: March 26, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »

I've made this mine. It's probably my all-time favourite photograph.

It's so bad, it's brilliant. Every single thing about it is wrong. Even the grammar in the caption is crap.

This is where there was a beautiful speckled thrush.

The older I get, the better I was.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #27740 on: March 26, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »

I've made this my desktop Cheesy

You must be quackers

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27741 on: March 26, 2012, 02:12:43 PM »

It gets taken for granted sometimes, but what a game poker can be.

It was our first Vegas final last night, & I stayed up until nearly 3am railing it.

Exactly 20 runners meant exactly 2 x £10,000 packages, & not a penny piece for 3rd. 19 runners would have been one package, & £9,000 shared between 2nd, 3rd & 4th, divided 50%, 30%, 20%.

“Railtard1” was early chippie, fell back to upper midfield, rallied strongly, got knocked right down to about 3 x Bigs 4 handed, but fought back & finished 2nd.

“Lol-Raise”, a regular cash game player at the upper stakes, who won a package & came to Vegas with us last year, was prominent throughout, home & hosed with 4 left, or looked it, but the cards turned oh so cruel, & he ended up bubbling, not a penny.

And the winner? Plays £5 & £10 Tourneys most days, & satellited in for £2.50.  And won £10,000 package for £2.50.

Only in poker can these things happen. Lovely, or brutal, depending what mood Lady Variance is in.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27742 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »

Steady on with the photo comments boys. I have better awaiting uploading. And worse.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27743 on: March 26, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »

Steady on with the photo comments boys. I have better awaiting uploading. And worse.

Better I can believe.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27744 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »

It was our first Vegas final last night, & I stayed up until nearly 3am railing it.

Exactly 20 runners meant exactly 2 x £10,000 packages, & not a penny piece for 3rd. 19 runners would have been one package, & £9,000 shared between 2nd, 3rd & 4th, divided 50%, 30%, 20%.

“Railtard1” was early chippie, fell back to upper midfield, rallied strongly, got knocked right down to about 3 x Bigs 4 handed, but fought back & finished 2nd.

“Lol-Raise”, a regular cash game player at the upper stakes, who won a package & came to Vegas with us last year, was prominent throughout, home & hosed with 4 left, or looked it, but the cards turned oh so cruel, & he ended up bubbling, not a penny.

And the winner? Plays £5 & £10 Tourneys most days, & satellited in for £2.50.  And won £10,000 package for £2.50.

Only in poker can these things happen. Lovely, or brutal, depending what mood Lady Variance is in.   

Two more months of qualifiers, so you'll be taking six or seven players?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27745 on: March 26, 2012, 02:26:31 PM »

Eat your heart out, Camel.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27746 on: March 26, 2012, 02:27:47 PM »

Two more months of qualifiers, so you'll be taking six or seven players?

Something like that, yes.  Just about the right size group.

Still don't know if I will get the job though. We shall see soon enough.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #27747 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »

Looking at the angle of that picture it would seem to be taking from the drivers seat and the clarity of the picture would suggest that it was yourself who took it, surely you weren't using a camera or a mobile device whilst driving ?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27748 on: March 26, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »

Luton for the DC last night.

After 4 or 5 straight winning session on the bounce, it all went badly wrong last night, & I was splashing about in pots dreadfully. Soon I was £850 down & about to pull up more.

I was running bad, too, then I got very lucky, & made a spectacularly –ev call, & got 50% of a £1,000+ 3 way Hi-Lo Hand I had no right to be in, or call. Ugh, but praise be. (Sorry Jim). The only excuse is that one of the oppos was mega-loose, & could show up with anything. And he did.

I eventually ended up losing £190 on the night. Felt like a huge win!   

I had decided to play until Midnight, & not a moment later. At 11.30, “table Charges” were called, & I asked if I could pay for half an hour, (it is £8 an hour) but they refused, (on the grounds that there was a list), so that was that. It never even crossed my mind until I left the place that I should have paid for the full hour & leave after 30 minutes, jeez!

I know a lot of players prattle on about rake & stuff, but in the scheme of things, where every single hand is a decent chunk, & there is huge variance in DC, £4 seems neither here nor there. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27749 on: March 26, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »

Looking at the angle of that picture it would seem to be taking from the drivers seat and the clarity of the picture would suggest that it was yourself who took it, surely you weren't using a camera or a mobile device whilst driving ?

Not guilty Mondy, & spare me the photo rubs.

That car would appear to be an X-5, I don't have one of dem.

I'm shit scared even to use the Moby these days unless I have the hands free plugged in.

I got 6 months for speeding 6 or 7 years ago, & it was THE best thing that ever happened to me as to driving - slowed me down wonderfully.

Then 4 years ago, I got done for using a Moby whilst driving (yup, stupid), & I'll never do that again, ever.

Peeps moan about getting caught, but it works, or at least, it does for me. 

Pages: 1 ... 1846 1847 1848 1849 [1850] 1851 1852 1853 1854 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: