blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [2608] 2609 2610 2611 2612 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331645 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39105 on: July 28, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

Well done Lily Allen. Not.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39106 on: July 28, 2014, 10:21:12 AM »

YES!

Quite a Twtterati love in for Rebecca yesterday.

About time too.

Even the great & good Adonis's of blonde reluctantly agreed they might just fancy giving her one, if, that is, times were hard & they were desperate.

Rebecca Adlington has faced unconscionable abuse since rising to prominence as one of the greatest swimming talents Great Britain has ever produced.

Derided for her emotional, honest personality, decision to pursue a career in the media and – most objectionably – her looks, Adlington puts up with far more than any Olympic hero should be forced to endure.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:23:16 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #39107 on: July 28, 2014, 10:49:34 AM »

The situation in Gaza a very sensitive subject but this article is well worth a read.

www.samharris.org/blog/item/why-dont-i-criticize-israel

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #39108 on: July 28, 2014, 10:52:23 AM »

Anyone know of any other oddly juxtaposed dual purpose shops?

My local newsagent is called "MJ News and Doll's Houses".

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #39109 on: July 28, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »

I always used to find Virgin stores a disappointment and I could never find any land for sale in Poundland! I could go on but best not. 
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #39110 on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »

My fav memory of Howard Plant is waiting to take off from LV and Howard and his mate( think it was Dave Gardner) were last to board. They sat about 2 rows in front and Howard got a seat next to two well built young Welsh ladies. He started chatting to them in the old leg pulling flirty way and then asked where they came from.

'Cardiff'

'Ah Cardiff, I've never been there tho I do know 2things about Cardiff, it's famous for its beautiful fun loving girls and boxers........what weight do you fight at love?' All delivered with a twinkle in the eye tho the earphones went on all around me as soon as the in flight films started.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39111 on: July 28, 2014, 11:42:34 AM »

My fav memory of Howard Plant is waiting to take off from LV and Howard and his mate( think it was Dave Gardner) were last to board. They sat about 2 rows in front and Howard got a seat next to two well built young Welsh ladies. He started chatting to them in the old leg pulling flirty way and then asked where they came from.

'Cardiff'

'Ah Cardiff, I've never been there tho I do know 2things about Cardiff, it's famous for its beautiful fun loving girls and boxers........what weight do you fight at love?' All delivered with a twinkle in the eye tho the earphones went on all around me as soon as the in flight films started.

!

Typical HP line, that, I can almost hear him saying it.

I have the sort of Mother-in-Law syndrome with him. I love him, & his banter, but just in small doses. I've not seen him in an age, but I quite miss him.

He & I made a Final in Sheffield one day, & we get sat next to each other. Must have been a decade or more ago. 10 man Final, 8 left. We both have plenty of chips.

"Fancy swapping 50% mate, we might as well, right?"

Like a good 'un, I agree, albeit with some reluctance, but I don't like to offend, & anyway, I'm crap at poker.

OK.

He promptly announces to the table "I'm all-in blind every hand, so be warned".

And busted the very next hand.

And guess who busted him?

What a time for me to find Aces, ffs.  Think I ended up paying him about £3,400.

Anyway, what are you doing on blonde? Thought you were on the beach, in Spain? Caitlin & Connnor enjoying it? Lois spending all your dough? Can you get a bet on out there?

I'm miles behind with PM's, I'm struggling to even start to face the backlog, but I'll catch up soon, & also try & sort out that £220 WGC Golf thing.

PS - In betting news..... A good pal of mine, VERY good with the gee-gees, sent me a text last night with a supposed good thing. I was busy 8 tabling poker at the time, so I'm halfway between really grateful, & "ffs, how can I get this bet on whilst all these PLO8 tables are binging & bonging?"

Anyway, I open up the Bookies site on the I-pad, which are a little bit "sensitive" & jumpy to use, & fortunately, the account is well-funded, thanks to The Open Golf malarky. I can't use my PC, as I've got all these bloody poker tables popping up every half nanasecond.

Look up the horse, yup, it's there, but I've missed the best of the price.  Bugger. OK, I'll just have £10 EW then.

I get the Betslip up, press "EW", & make the £10 EW bet. All good then.

Then I get that nessage thing.

YOUR BET IS PLACED, TOTAL STAKE £200.

£200! Jeez.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:45:46 AM by tikay » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39112 on: July 28, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »

How many brags in one post?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39113 on: July 28, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »

Howard Plant & Dave Gardner used to sort of "run together", you know, travelled to all events, roomed together, da de da.

At the time I was very pally with Dave's son, Julian, who was a player I admired very much indeed.

He got 2nd in the WSOP Main in about 2003, & binked over $1,000,000.  The story goes that he put the milly in a holdall, & purchased an extra seat on the flight home to place the bag on.

I imagine he stroked it all the way home, & probably got a bit of a stiffy doing so.

Anyway, Julian & his Dad, Dave, fell out for a goodly while, & were on non-speakers, so it all got a bit awkward when we shared tables, as we often did back in the day.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39114 on: July 28, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »

How many brags in one post?

Should have added that I played 46 DYM's last night, took me 4 hours, & the end result was a £14.70 LOSS. 

I even lose money slowly these days.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39115 on: July 28, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »

I discovered, quite by accident, that a turn of phrase I often use "Once more into the breach" is in fact one of Mr Shakespeare's ditties. And it is "unto" not "into".

So I looked it up, & some of it is really rather good.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
 Or close the wall up with our English dead.
 Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
 Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
 Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
 Let pry through the portage of the head
 Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
 As fearfully as doth a galled rock
 O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
 Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
 Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
 Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
 To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
 Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
 Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
 Have in these parts from morn till even fought
 And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
 Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
 That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
 Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
 And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
 Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
 The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
 That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
 For there is none of you so mean and base,
 That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
 I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

I mean, this bit is actually not bad......

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
 As modest stillness and humility:
 But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
 Then imitate the action of the tiger;

We can all empathise with that. It makes sense, for starters.

But then it gets all bloody fill & puff.

As fearfully as doth a galled rock
 O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
 Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.

I mean, what the hell is that all about?

He should have stopped after Line 4.  Did he get paid by the word?

Gotta go, I've got some galled rocks to doth.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39116 on: July 28, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »

One thing to remember with that stuff is it is written for a play. This is what it looks like when read properly:

And, for the purists, my favourite by far:

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39117 on: July 28, 2014, 01:38:54 PM »

One thing to remember with that stuff is it is written for a play. This is what it looks like when read properly:

And, for the purists, my favourite by far:

Come come my learned friend, you don't seriously expect me stiffen my sinew things & watch that gash, do you?

Life's too short. And I need to know where MH370 is. Disappeared 4 months ago, & not a shred of evidence tells us where it might be. Proper mystery that.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39118 on: July 28, 2014, 01:47:04 PM »

Only two minutes each. You haven't got the whole play three times Smiley

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39119 on: July 28, 2014, 01:54:16 PM »

RE MH370 . . . .

As a sane, level headed guy, do you believe there is even a remote chance that it didn't just fly until the fuel ran out and ditch into the sea never to be seen again?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Pages: 1 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [2608] 2609 2610 2611 2612 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: