blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:54:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2965 2966 2967 2968 [2969] 2970 2971 2972 2973 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329108 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #44520 on: May 18, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »

We going to the Baseball @ Cashman Field this year? I rather enjoy that slice of Americana. Went with you one year, then took Gill another year & bumped into Longy, & last year went with Tal & Mr Ambo. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I also went one year when I thought they were at home & in fact they were away, marv.

If Monday 27th June slots... I'd love to join the party Smiley

Hi Simon,

It might work for Keith or Tal, but it clashes with one of my biggest scheduled Events, the $1,100 PLO @ Venetian, & as it does not start until 5pm, even I'll struggle to be busto in time for Baseball that night. I'm not even forced to have played a hand by then. Baseball may work out cheaper, mind. 

Here's the Las Vegas 51ers Schedule for June, maybe we can do it another night?

http://www.milb.com/schedule/index.jsp?sid=t400&m=6&y=2016

If you have space for one more, and I'm available, can I join you?

I'll drive...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44521 on: May 19, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »

Do you ever play limit hold em?   When I first started, I used to win at limit but found it horribly boring compared to no limit hold'em.  I think I may have missed a trick somewhere, because I am sure that it should suit me well as it is very mathematical. I put Jason Somerville's twitch on last night as I was short of tables.  He was playing the 2k and seemed to be enjoying himself (it didn't end well).  Anyway, I had a look at the structure and thought it didn't look too bad as these SCOOPs go and guessed that there wouldnt be many left for day 2 and that it should finish about 4. 

Anyway, boyed by Jason Somerville's enthusiasm, I stepped in, and I am still in.  I am currently 16/27 with 20k up top.  It isn't up there with Pleno's wins, but you still get the title, the watch and plenty of spending money for Vegas.  The field seems a bit stacked too, with the likes of Jason "JasonMercier" Mercier and Shaun "shaundeeb" Deeb in it.  The latter was sat at my table for a while late on and unfortunately seems to have much more idea than I do and is sat on near 400k vs my 120k (we were both on just over 200k at one stage).  Still I can gets aces just as easily as he can, so we are still in with a shout.  I am guaranteed $650 so far.  If you want to see how a complete imbicile plays limit poker than it starts at 9 (clue here, I play it a bit like I play plo8...  bet bet bet, arrgh).  I have 12 big bets remaining, which doesn't sound much, but isn't so bad.  More importantly, I really enjoyed it, I must be getting to a certain age.

BTW, you didn't tell me that you now have £15 plo8 games on sky now.  Do you ever watch Jason Somerville's twitch? He is a natural and very good for the game.  He even plays NLO8 and PLO8 occasionally.

How did this end up, David?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44522 on: May 19, 2016, 08:13:43 AM »

Vegas Business.

Payment received by Bank TX from Steve Swift.

Steve Swift PAID

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44523 on: May 19, 2016, 08:16:31 AM »

We going to the Baseball @ Cashman Field this year? I rather enjoy that slice of Americana. Went with you one year, then took Gill another year & bumped into Longy, & last year went with Tal & Mr Ambo. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I also went one year when I thought they were at home & in fact they were away, marv.

Hi Simon,

It might work for Keith or Tal, but it clashes with one of my biggest scheduled Events, the $1,100 PLO @ Venetian, & as it does not start until 5pm, even I'll struggle to be busto in time for Baseball that night. I'm not even forced to have played a hand by then. Baseball may work out cheaper, mind.  

I'll drive...

If we can find a date that suits everyone, yes, of course, the more the merrier. In all likelihood, 5 or 6 will want to go, but dates & availability will halve that.

We can, as the saying goes, play it by ear.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #44524 on: May 19, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »

Do you ever play limit hold em?   When I first started, I used to win at limit but found it horribly boring compared to no limit hold'em.  I think I may have missed a trick somewhere, because I am sure that it should suit me well as it is very mathematical. I put Jason Somerville's twitch on last night as I was short of tables.  He was playing the 2k and seemed to be enjoying himself (it didn't end well).  Anyway, I had a look at the structure and thought it didn't look too bad as these SCOOPs go and guessed that there wouldnt be many left for day 2 and that it should finish about 4. 

Anyway, boyed by Jason Somerville's enthusiasm, I stepped in, and I am still in.  I am currently 16/27 with 20k up top.  It isn't up there with Pleno's wins, but you still get the title, the watch and plenty of spending money for Vegas.  The field seems a bit stacked too, with the likes of Jason "JasonMercier" Mercier and Shaun "shaundeeb" Deeb in it.  The latter was sat at my table for a while late on and unfortunately seems to have much more idea than I do and is sat on near 400k vs my 120k (we were both on just over 200k at one stage).  Still I can gets aces just as easily as he can, so we are still in with a shout.  I am guaranteed $650 so far.  If you want to see how a complete imbicile plays limit poker than it starts at 9 (clue here, I play it a bit like I play plo8...  bet bet bet, arrgh).  I have 12 big bets remaining, which doesn't sound much, but isn't so bad.  More importantly, I really enjoyed it, I must be getting to a certain age.

BTW, you didn't tell me that you now have £15 plo8 games on sky now.  Do you ever watch Jason Somerville's twitch? He is a natural and very good for the game.  He even plays NLO8 and PLO8 occasionally.

How did this end up, David?

I managed to go from 120k to 2k in about 2 levels.  KK beaten be a backdoor straight after flopping a set.  AA <k7.  K high flop, k river.  2 pair beaten by revised 2 pair.  Finally, lost a race vs my fellow shortie.  Then ran way better and laddered two pay jumps to finish 17th.  I think your buddy George Danger was still in when I went out, as was Shawn Deene, though neither made the top 3.

I realised that the NLO8 was on last night too.  Managed to cash that too.  Think I was 70 something, might have been 80 something.  Got smashed up at the end by Kevin mcphee on my left, who lived up to his screen name.  Not a bad scoop really.  Played 3, cashed 2.  Hope Vegas goes as well.

Tuesday 2.25 hours sleep.  Wednesday 3 hours sleep.  Love the kids.  Be back in a couple of hours, got some catching up to do.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44525 on: May 19, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »

Do you ever play limit hold em?   When I first started, I used to win at limit but found it horribly boring compared to no limit hold'em.  I think I may have missed a trick somewhere, because I am sure that it should suit me well as it is very mathematical. I put Jason Somerville's twitch on last night as I was short of tables.  He was playing the 2k and seemed to be enjoying himself (it didn't end well).  Anyway, I had a look at the structure and thought it didn't look too bad as these SCOOPs go and guessed that there wouldnt be many left for day 2 and that it should finish about 4.  

Anyway, boyed by Jason Somerville's enthusiasm, I stepped in, and I am still in.  I am currently 16/27 with 20k up top.  It isn't up there with Pleno's wins, but you still get the title, the watch and plenty of spending money for Vegas.  The field seems a bit stacked too, with the likes of Jason "JasonMercier" Mercier and Shaun "shaundeeb" Deeb in it.  The latter was sat at my table for a while late on and unfortunately seems to have much more idea than I do and is sat on near 400k vs my 120k (we were both on just over 200k at one stage).  Still I can gets aces just as easily as he can, so we are still in with a shout.  I am guaranteed $650 so far.  If you want to see how a complete imbicile plays limit poker than it starts at 9 (clue here, I play it a bit like I play plo8...  bet bet bet, arrgh).  I have 12 big bets remaining, which doesn't sound much, but isn't so bad.  More importantly, I really enjoyed it, I must be getting to a certain age.

BTW, you didn't tell me that you now have £15 plo8 games on sky now.  Do you ever watch Jason Somerville's twitch? He is a natural and very good for the game.  He even plays NLO8 and PLO8 occasionally.

No, I don't play Limit Hold 'Em. Occasionally, I'll play Limit Mixed Games, but I'm not sure I "get" Limit poker.  

Yes, the £15 PLO8 DYM's started Next Door last week. Around 20 have run since then, though the number of £10 games has reduced of course. 9 ran on Sunday alone, which was pretty handy. I was regged for the one you played Tuesday, but I withdrew as I had played my usual allocated 30 Games & wanted to go cook my dinner. I looked at the players, & it was a real mixed bunch, with one who never folds anything, ever, & another, "Trample" who is seriously aggro. The pick of the bunch was Markycash, who is different class to most of us Next Door, & really very good indeed. I can't recall his 'Stars alias, but he used to grind all the O8 stuff there & elsewhere, before packing up & going to Uni. Really nice kid, a Scot.  

I don't watch Twitch, no, it's sort of coals to Newcastle for me to watch poker after all the watching I do in the Studio & at live events.

I do admire Jason vey much though, to my mind, he is an exemplary Pro, exactly what poker needs, & I have him right up there with Danny Negreanu. Think he gets a little "high" at times, but that apart, he's is very good indeed for poker as a whole. Leaving aside Affiliates, he is in fact the only playing Pro I know who can, & does, precisely measure his number of sign-ups. Bright kid.

Here's Jason running through the numbers - all off the top of his head. Impressive numbers, too. Was really amazed he had such grasp of detail. Don't know too many Pros who could do that. This was after his marathon Twitch session last year. I had tits then, too.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:37:55 PM by tikay » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #44526 on: May 19, 2016, 12:45:32 PM »

I know it's a long runing joke on the stream, but reading between the lines, wasn't he very ill at some point, and doesn't cannabis help with some condition?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44527 on: May 19, 2016, 12:53:01 PM »

I know it's a long runing joke on the stream, but reading between the lines, wasn't he very ill at some point, and doesn't cannabis help with some condition?

Yes, I understand that is the position, or line.

I don't have a problem with it as such, was just describing him as I found him. We chatted a bunch of times in Vegas last year, & he always seemed un-naturally hyper to me.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #44528 on: May 19, 2016, 01:05:14 PM »

I don't have a problem with it as such, was just describing him as I found him. We chatted a bunch of times in Vegas last year, & he always seemed un-naturally hyper to me.

I think that is just the way he is, as he is constantly that way, but never takes a break during the stream, which lasts an average of 6-10 hours.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #44529 on: May 19, 2016, 02:29:23 PM »

I doubt cannabis would cause that trait...

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #44530 on: May 19, 2016, 03:31:03 PM »

If I were King For A Day, I think I'd ban all TV background music, & public-space Muzak.

Don't need to be King for a day, just need to go on Room 101. Have your agent look into it?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #44531 on: May 19, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »

Sat 25th is the only other evening game @ Home during my stay.. .does that clash?

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #44532 on: May 19, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »

Hi Simon,

I'll drive...

If we can find a date that suits everyone, yes, of course, the more the merrier. In all likelihood, 5 or 6 will want to go, but dates & availability will halve that.

We can, as the saying goes, play it by ear.

I shall keep my ear to the ground for it!
slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #44533 on: May 20, 2016, 03:00:29 AM »

oh and was it David  J RUSSELL who gave you the lessons as he was the Tournament Pro at Keddo  or maybe a real dour Scot by the name of Gavin Christie who really buggered up my game ?? - Gavin went back to Jockland so don't know if he was still there when you were starting your illustrious golf career but I'll never forget him as I still snap hook it today !!

Gavin Christie was based in Leicester the last time I heard of him a couple of years ago. He was at Wollaton giving John Lower a lesson when I turned up for my lesson with John.

I invited him to stick around and give me some extra feedback but he declined before he'd even seen me swing a club as he was rushing off to The Open. He is still considered to be one of the top coaches around; Glyn and Sean were two of his pupils.
I wondered why I hadn't seen you this spring, sounds like life is good.

Hiya Ralph
Don't know if I've done this right to copy your quote / message so if not need guidance . Hope you are well. Noticed you played in the comp at Wollaton today . Yes life is good, living between Orlando and Daytona so getting used to playing in shorts rather than 3 sweaters , waterproof jacket and a woolly hat . I was over for 4 weeks over Easter to spend time with my daughter Lucy who is 8 this year so only played a few times . Will be back in England from !st July so hope to bump into you .
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #44534 on: May 23, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »

paid my dues

check your bank please Mr K, it's coffers should have swollen by a mighty £50

Mick
Pages: 1 ... 2965 2966 2967 2968 [2969] 2970 2971 2972 2973 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: