blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 07:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272906 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3011 3012 3013 3014 [3015] 3016 3017 3018 3019 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6385988 times)
stumpythefish

View Profile
« Reply #45210 on: June 18, 2016, 01:38:13 PM »

good stuff tikay keep it up Smiley

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45211 on: June 19, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »

Where are you watching the football tomorrow, Tikay?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45212 on: June 19, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »

Are you playing the super-seniors' event tomorrow Tony?

I chuckled when I saw that it starts at 10am.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #45213 on: June 19, 2016, 06:41:50 PM »

Made me chuckle too that. What they supposed to do for five hours before it kicks off? Where we setting the line on the total 'How much is it?' market?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45214 on: June 19, 2016, 07:25:04 PM »

Made me chuckle too that. What they supposed to do for five hours before it kicks off? Where we setting the line on the total 'How much is it?' market?

About half the remaining field yesterday in the Seniors were wearing hoodies.

Damn youngsters.

Must admit I do find that bizarre; it's like reverse of a young lad getting a pair of Air Max trainers or Predator boots, I suppose, where the older generation imitates the one below.

Not a cardie or pringle sweatshirt in sight.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45215 on: June 19, 2016, 08:23:20 PM »

Been a bit waylaid, with work, & 'flu, but will try & get up to date on replies shortly. I need to write an article first, which should only take an hour or so, but I've been staring at a blank screen for the last 2 hours, trying to find some inspiration.

Meanwhile.....

Note to Stakers

I was scheduled to play this today......

Venetian, Sunday 19th June, Noon, $600 6-Max PLO

However, I'm going to swerve this one, it appears it is $1,600, not $600, plus I am still a bit under it with the 'flu/Vegas cold, so I'm not at my best in what would for me be one of the bigger & more marginal value Comps on the schedule. I may replace it with another comp or comps later in the trip, though. 

I'll resume with the schedule on Tuesday, when we play for 4 days straight......

Golden Nugget, Tuesday 21st June, 11am, $570 PLO

WSOP, Wednesday 22nd June, 11am, $1,500 PLO

Golden Nugget, Thursday 23rd June, 11am, $350, Big O

Golden Nugget, Friday 24th June, 11am, $240 mixed PLO, PLO8, & Big O

After that, it gets to the climax, with 5 events that are right up my street, which have an aggregate entry cost of $7,300.....

Venetian, Monday 27th June, 5pm, $1,100 PLO8

Venetian, Friday 1st July, 5pm, $1,100 PLO/O8/Big O

WSOP, Sunday 3rd July, 3pm, $1,500 PLO8

Venetian, Monday 4th July, 5pm, $600 Big O

WSOP, Thursday July 7th, 3pm, $3,000 PLO8

The last of those, the $3,000 WSOP PLO8 was always provisional, & depended on having a few results along the way. By keeping our powder relatively dry, I think we are now 95% certain to play that one, as long as the Sky Suits don't object, as the Sky qualifiers will be here by then.

We are around $1,500 ahead in MTT's so far, & I'm roughly the same ahead in cash games after 4 sessions, so we are in good heart & confidence is at reasonable levels. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #45216 on: June 19, 2016, 08:56:11 PM »

Pumped to hear confidence is at reasonable levels, go get em champ!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45217 on: June 19, 2016, 09:01:20 PM »

I believe that ripping-mode is about to be engaged.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #45218 on: June 19, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »

I'll rip through and say hello on Tuesday, and then rip my way down to the bar.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45219 on: June 19, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »

It seems that in your case sambuca-mode has been engaged.

Hope you have a great time, and yes I am a tad jealous.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #45220 on: June 19, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »

It seems that in your case sambuca-mode has been engaged.

Hope you have a great time, and yes I am a tad jealous.

Cheers Ralph, I'll do my best.

If you can spare any time, you should get involved.

I found a week 7-14th July for a mate, so he could come to the UFC, and it was £860 with a direct flight (Staying at The D).

I haven't touched alcohol since I was away for Cheltenham, so I'll likely have to ease myself into it over the first few days, and then I'm off donating to the poker economy  Smiley

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #45221 on: June 19, 2016, 09:26:53 PM »

Been a bit waylaid, with work, & 'flu, but will try & get up to date on replies shortly. I need to write an article first, which should only take an hour or so, but I've been staring at a blank screen for the last 2 hours, trying to find some inspiration.

Meanwhile.....

Note to Stakers

I was scheduled to play this today......

Venetian, Sunday 19th June, Noon, $600 6-Max PLO

However, I'm going to swerve this one, it appears it is $1,600, not $600, plus I am still a bit under it with the 'flu/Vegas cold, so I'm not at my best in what would for me be one of the bigger & more marginal value Comps on the schedule. I may replace it with another comp or comps later in the trip, though. 

I'll resume with the schedule on Tuesday, when we play for 4 days straight......

Golden Nugget, Tuesday 21st June, 11am, $570 PLO

WSOP, Wednesday 22nd June, 11am, $1,500 PLO

Golden Nugget, Thursday 23rd June, 11am, $350, Big O

Golden Nugget, Friday 24th June, 11am, $240 mixed PLO, PLO8, & Big O

After that, it gets to the climax, with 5 events that are right up my street, which have an aggregate entry cost of $7,300.....

Venetian, Monday 27th June, 5pm, $1,100 PLO8

Venetian, Friday 1st July, 5pm, $1,100 PLO/O8/Big O

WSOP, Sunday 3rd July, 3pm, $1,500 PLO8

Venetian, Monday 4th July, 5pm, $600 Big O

WSOP, Thursday July 7th, 3pm, $3,000 PLO8

The last of those, the $3,000 WSOP PLO8 was always provisional, & depended on having a few results along the way. By keeping our powder relatively dry, I think we are now 95% certain to play that one, as long as the Sky Suits don't object, as the Sky qualifiers will be here by then.

We are around $1,500 ahead in MTT's so far, & I'm roughly the same ahead in cash games after 4 sessions, so we are in good heart & confidence is at reasonable levels. 

hopefully you will run deep in the WSOP Wednesday,  otherwise hopefully see you at the Nugget Thursday.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45222 on: June 19, 2016, 11:14:52 PM »

Pumped to hear confidence is at reasonable levels, go get em champ!

Yup, I'm not exactly the most confident of individuals at the poker table, but I feel good this trip, and after a bit of a shaky start, am very comfortable with my game right now. It certainly helped to put that $3,500 on the scorecard to get us off the mark, so at least I know everyone will get at least something back. That feels a bit better, I can tell you.

In cash games, I've played 4 sessions so far, & have thoroughly enjoyed all 4, & felt confident in all 4. Results so far are.....

Session 1 + $400

Session 2 -$7 (after being $900 down at one point)

Session 3 + $1,253

Session 4 -$245

It's not exactly Plinop stuff, but at my level, it's respectable enough. 

In session 4, last night, I was sitting with $1,700 (from a $500 pull up) & lost the lot in one of those coups that play themselves, I just needed a spade to collect a $4,500 pot, or any low to chop it, but I ran out of luck.

Reading cash hands does not interest many, but the big one that got away was quite interesting.

There were 2 players on the table who had the needle with each other, & were pot-potting each other every hand. I was sat between them, & found this beauty.....

Two Clubs

First Needler made it $20, I flatted, confident that 2nd Needler would pot it. He obliged, First Needler (& 2 others) called, now I pulled the trigger. My hand, obv, is abso face up, but no matter, it felt a great spot. 

I can give up on a bad flop - I have to 5 way - but we saw this flop....

Well no decisions needed there, I'm monsta fav to collect at least half, & in it all went.

You know the rest. I pulled up another $500, & won half of the lost $500 back, but could not get back into profit.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45223 on: June 19, 2016, 11:17:59 PM »

Thanks Vegaslover, after having a browse around online it looks like very few hire companies in the US bother with anything other than the standard photo part so I will just chance it (should be able to find one company that is happy with just the photo part).

Things have went quieter. Maybe Tikay has killed so many fish at the 'Big O' cash game he is trapped under a mountain of chips?

Hi Marky,

No need to worry about the Driving Licence paper counterpart - they were abolished last year, so are NOT needed in Vegas.

Here you go.....

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes

Just bring Photo ID Driving Licence, that's all you need.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45224 on: June 19, 2016, 11:26:19 PM »

Jeff Kimber bragging on twitter about getting 1k over ICM in some tourney or other.  Would hate to be on the other side of that deal!

PS from what you said, I think our share was probably about right.

Well I was happy to play on, but "Chicago" (red shirt, baseball cap) was desperate to deal.

The stacks were very lopsided. Think there were 2.7 milly chips in play, Jeff had 2.1 milly, Chicago around 300k, & the remaining three of us had 300k between us, with blinds at 10,000-20,000.

I had a good a chance as any of laddering into 3rd place, equally, I could go busto next hand.

Part of the reasoning for Jeff doing Business (it was not his idea), was that he wanted to watch the England v Wales game I believe. This sounds a bit odd, but I think he was keen to see me get a nice score, too. That's not to say we took it easy against each other though, we clashed plenty of times, & he wrested a pot or 2 from me along the way.

It was interesting to see a really experienced Pro take control of a final table the way Jeff did, especially as, as far as I know, he had never played Big O in his life previously. Think he really enjoyed it, too. I certainly did, was one of the most enjoyable days poker I can remember in many a year.

I never explained my busto yesterday at Golden Nugget, but it was a horrible cooler, when Mr Loose got there despite being utterly dominated. There were 30 or so left, & that coup would have put me in a great position to Final, but maybe I used up too much run good the day before.

Today, I'm on work catch up after 2 days AWOL.

Wednesday was such an odd day, it was really sad to take Gill to the Airport & see her off, then I went & played poker for 16 hours & had a ball. Real bitter sweet stuff.

No more Tourneys now until Sunday, when I'm scheduled to play the $600 PLO @ Venetian, so Friday night & Saturday night I'll be playing Big O cash @ Rio. Only played 2 cash sessions so far, which was before Gill arrived, as I did not want to be playing cash all night when she was here, but I'm a few bob ahead at Cash, & really enjoy those sessions.

Meanwhile, I have 3 Blogs to write, all for different things - the Sky Sports page, the Vegas blog, & another non-Vegas one for Sky Poker. Best push on. It's 0130 here, & it'll be 4am at best before I get done.

All good. Vegas is just great.

It cannot compare to the £3.30 OH8 DYM's surely!

Couple of questions if you have the time...

Do you know if the 'Big O' at the Venetian have all the same straddle and $10 on the dealer button stuff @ $1-2 like the Rio does?

When hiring a car these days in Vegas do you need anything apart from drivers license, passport and $$? I remember the DVLA bringing in some crazy new rules since I last hired a car in Vegas but im not sure how much the USA car companies bother with it.

Good luck in the cash sessions, hopefully you can play even more freely and kick some serious **** now you have a nice cash in the bag and have one on the board Smiley

The Rio Big O games - of which there are always 5 or 6 running - are now labelled "$1-$2-$5", meaning it is $1 $2 Blinds, but with a MANDATORY $5 Button straddle. In effect, the $1 & $2 chips don't play, except for posting blinds.

The $5 $5 Big O Game does not have the mandatory straddle, as far as I am aware.

I've not played Big O @ Venetian so far this trip, so don't know what the deal is there, but the last time I did, they had no mandatory straddle. Be warned though, there is a trio of local reprobates who "play together" in the Venetian game, & do so quite openly. I refuse to sit with them, & have done for some years.    

Also, I note you exchanged posts with Rod Paradise - if I'm not mistaken, you might be near neighbours, think both of you live in Argyll, or somewhere equally dreadful.

Is Dad looking forward to his Vegas trip?

Pages: 1 ... 3011 3012 3013 3014 [3015] 3016 3017 3018 3019 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: