blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3153 3154 3155 3156 [3157] 3158 3159 3160 3161 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331415 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47340 on: November 02, 2016, 05:41:32 PM »

A special welcome to a really good mate of mine from Next Door, PompeyNick, who I see has just joined blonde.

Had a rough few years one way & another, but he's a Big Man & worked his way through it.

We may have played a few thousand DYMs together, too - he's a tidy O8 player, though he is running proper bad right now.

A Portsmouth man - how did you know that? - & he was previously involved with a wholesale electrical distributor.

Great to see you here Nick. Any questions about the who what & where of blonde, just ask. 

Hi Nick. Welcome to Drivel and the Aftermath.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47341 on: November 02, 2016, 05:45:07 PM »

A special welcome to a really good mate of mine from Next Door, PompeyNick, who I see has just joined blonde.

Had a rough few years one way & another, but he's a Big Man & worked his way through it.

We may have played a few thousand DYMs together, too - he's a tidy O8 player, though he is running proper bad right now.

A Portsmouth man - how did you know that? - & he was previously involved with a wholesale electrical distributor.

Great to see you here Nick. Any questions about the who what & where of blonde, just ask. 

...says the MASS MURDERER.

Mice are beautiful creatures, can't believe you killed them & fed them to your dogs. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47342 on: November 02, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »

Mice are beautiful creatures, can't believe you killed them & fed them to your dogs. 

Where did I say I fed them to the dogs?

BTW- How many mice did your cat eat, not to mention birds.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47343 on: November 02, 2016, 06:00:43 PM »

Cats don't use a galvanized tin bucket smeared with evaporating peanut butter though.

Are those poor persecuted moles next?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #47344 on: November 02, 2016, 06:07:13 PM »

Welcome Nick!

Joanna's, Pyramids, Ellie Jays, Europa, and Time & Envy...

How I loved my years in Pompey Smiley

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #47345 on: November 02, 2016, 07:38:13 PM »

Anthony Kiedis deece.

And RHCP did the second best version of Under The Bridge ever!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:41:46 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47346 on: November 02, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »

Anthony Kiedis deece.

Is that The Troll's Anthem?

Welcome Nick, I went to school with a kid called Sparshatt who's hero was some geezer called Harry Harris.

His dad owned garages and was the Pompey chairman at that time.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47347 on: November 02, 2016, 10:08:04 PM »

Anthony Kiedis deece.

Lord Chomps I do hope you are referring to the Flying Pickets version of Under the Bridge and not that other version.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #47348 on: November 02, 2016, 10:50:45 PM »

Shame RHCP have gone down the toilet since By The Way.

I did see them live for free on their Stadium Arcadium tour Smiley just had to pull a sickie on the morning.....always go with the runs, this can't be contested or challenged really.

His autobiography is fascinating. Knobbing his dads girlfriend at 11/12 years old was a particular highlight.

Best Bitter.
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #47349 on: November 03, 2016, 11:45:32 PM »

Hi All,
Thanks for the welcome, and the trip down memory lane to some of the night life venues of yesteryear here in Pompey.
I have been following the site from the shadows for a while, thought I should sign up and join in to what looks like some good fun and banter.
Although I am just a recreational player, I was a little bit disappointed to be called a "bingo" player next door tonight. Especially as I won that particular leg of the FOSP PLO8 league (thinly veiled brag)
I aim to contribute to various blogs and hopefully make some new friends here.
Nick
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #47350 on: November 04, 2016, 12:50:49 AM »

Welcome PN.

Every PLO8 player is a bingo player, we just humour Tony to make him think there's some skill in it. Should have seen the grief I received tonight for playing KK34 4-handed, you'd think I'd kicked his cat they way oppo went on.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47351 on: November 04, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »

Cats don't use a galvanized tin bucket smeared with evaporating peanut butter though.

Are those poor persecuted moles next?

Meh, you have a cat?

Makes Michael Heseltine look like a preserver of wildlife

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/23/lord-and-lady-heseltine-gardening-squirrels-thenford-brexit

Of course Heseltine is absolutely right.  Would love to get him round to dispatch a few from my garden.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47352 on: November 04, 2016, 01:59:01 PM »

There is a terrible post script to Mousegate. Details coming soon to a good diary near you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47353 on: November 04, 2016, 06:12:56 PM »

A story in many 'papers today is about a giant worm discovered in Chesire or somewhere equally dreadful.

His name was Dave apparently, which is a popular name amongst worms I gather.

He was stuffed in a jar & sent to a museum, so we can add the finder to the lost of animal murderers in this thread, such as doobs & Red.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:16:17 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47354 on: November 04, 2016, 06:20:17 PM »

Now you may well say "so what?", & I'd agree with alacrity.

But here's the thing.

In reading that story, we learn that there is an "Earthworm Society of Great Britain". No, there is, really.

Now that does intrigue & fascinate. 

http://www.earthwormsoc.org.uk/

You'll note of course from that website that the Devon Earthworm Identification Weekend was fully booked. Very cheap it was too, just £15 for Members.

I suppose we could mock, as per, & say "I bet they are a fun bunch to spend the weekend with". But really, isn't it fascinating the different ways we get our kicks?

Pages: 1 ... 3153 3154 3155 3156 [3157] 3158 3159 3160 3161 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: