blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:55:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6375136 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5790 on: May 26, 2008, 11:41:33 AM »

Id like to know how the Mad Turk managed to get that deal in the 3 way chop. Unbelievable

What was the result, and what was the deal ?

Was an old bloke involved at the death ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5791 on: May 26, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »

It's lovely weather today... for poker. Sorry but too wet to do the gardening etc.  Cheesy

The weather's fantastic up here as well. Probably because I'm at work.

Lovely and sunny here...a bit windy but you can't have it all Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: May 26, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »

Id like to know how the Mad Turk managed to get that deal in the 3 way chop. Unbelievable

What was the result, and what was the deal ?

Was an old bloke involved at the death ?

Yes, he was, but please be careful with your metaphors Ralph, that scared me a bit.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: May 26, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »

Feltham, Monday

I bumped into Con Cronin at Walsall on Saturday, & he was bemoaning his luck & poor "form", particularly at DTD.

Then I looked up the Result of last night's £100 Rebuy-Fest at DTD.....

1 Cornelius Cronin £5,530

2 Peter Linton £3,318

3 Nicholas Watchorn £2,212

4 Rosanno Rossi £1,422

5 Kevin Pearce £1,106

6 Darren Hornsby £790

7 Richard Hobson £632

8 Peter Conduit £474

9 Raj Dhiri £316

Nice one Con, Lord Linton, too, & Pete Conduit is almost a Final-Table fixture there most days, well done him, & all.

59 runners made £15,800, so just under £300 per player (almost 2 rebuys each on average), so not too bad. I so nearly went there, & I want anything DTD do to be successful, but I just can't bring myself to commit to (up to) £500 for a 24 minute clock Tourney, as I just don't have the game to play it.

But I think they have introduced a £200 Freeze every Saturday - count me in, every bloody time!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 04:46:49 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: May 26, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »

Talking of Results, & Final-Table fictures, Luton's £100 last night once again showed that a few folks have the game to dodge the bulets & overccome the luck quotient to Final again & again. I should have Finalled, but I made a daft mistake & paid the bill, pfft.

The Final included Jim McBride in 8th, Stephen Kirk in 5th, Dave Courteney in 4th, and officially 3rd, but actually the winner (an odd deal, as he had time-problems & had to leave hurriedly) was none other than Nottingham's very own Habib Chatoo.

Habib once played all his poker at Gala Notts, is a DTD stalwart now, & was in Luton on business yesterday, thus playing their really rather good £100 Freezeout. The money's came home to Notts.

Well done Habib, Jim, Stephen, & the effiminite but affectionate Dave Courteney.

Ding was runing well, too, but I lent her the gun I shot myself in the foot with, & she also used it succesfully.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:31:04 PM by tikay » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: May 26, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »

Talking of Results, & Finap-Table fictures, Luton's £100 last night once again showed that a few folks have the game to dodge the bulets & overccome the luck quotient to Final again & again. I should have Finalled, but I made a daft mistake & paid the bill, pfft.

The Final included Jim McBride in 8th, Spephen Kirk in 5th, Dave Courteney in 4th, and officially 3rd, but actually the winner (an odd deal, as he had time-problems & had to leave hurriedly) was none other than Nottingham's very own Habib Chatoo.

Habib once played all his poker at Gala Notts, is a DTD stalwart now, & was in Luton on buisiness yesterday, thus playing their really rather good £100 Freezeout. The money's came home to Notts.

Well done Habib, Jim, Stephen, & the effiminite but affectionate Dave Courteney.

Ding was runing well, too, but I lent her the gun I shot myself in the foot with, & she also used it succesfully.

have u got BUPA cover?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: May 26, 2008, 05:55:14 PM »

My "form" was awful a week ago, & it was character-building, but the one thing we know is that it can turn so fast, & those are the times we so love in Poker.

I busted Aces in Walsall on Saturday, all-in Pre, & got nicely paid for my ineptitude.

Yesterday, in Luton's £100, I had a lot of chips early, I'd been wearing my dancing shoes, or clogs more like, & got lucky a few times on a pleasantly passive table.

A lovely Chap - sorry, name escapes me - made it 625 (100-200) UTG, & attracted 3 Callers. I'm in the BB, with 

Calling Raises in multi-way Pots, out of position, with A-J, is the way to make a small fortune, always providing you start with a large fortune.

But, my Man only had 3,000 chips, & I sensed I could Stop & Go everybody here, & push in on any flop not containing a King or a Queen. Reverse Position is a thing of wonder sometimes. The Pot is about 3,300 by now.

The Flop was just right for my cunning plan -

So I Pushed, but when My Man beat me into the Pot, I knew I'd been outplayed. Everyone else ran for cover, & I'm now staring at his Aces, bugger.

The  Turn gave me a hope - I spotted the Flush Draw, but not the straight draw, or anything else.

It was only when everyone gasped, & their jaws dropped, that I realised the significance of the River.

Sorry fella, that was just horrible. Can't beat the old perfect perfect runner-runner.

Of course, Dave Courteney, Jeff Buff, celtic, Dingdell & Co were all quick to congratulate me on my astute play. I was very modest about it. One is born with such talent, it cannot be learned.

relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: May 26, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »

It was Trevor.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: May 26, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »

It was Trevor.

Grin

well played tikay.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: May 26, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »

no not that trevor.

the apropriately named trevor payne & thats exactly what he felt last night....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: May 26, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »

It was Trevor.

Ah, that's right, Trevor. Sorry Trevor, but at least you can say your Aces were busted by a runner-runner Royal Flush. Not an everyday occurence. Still, I played it well. Ish.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: May 26, 2008, 06:02:26 PM »

no not that trevor.

Oh

bad play tikay. Unlucky Trevor.

My eyes are open wide
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: May 26, 2008, 06:03:28 PM »

no not that trevor.

Oh

The one that usually plays cash games. Has glasses. Not who you meant. lol

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: May 26, 2008, 06:03:56 PM »

no not that trevor.

Oh

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

no not that trevor.

Oh

The one that usually plays cash games. Has glasses. Not who you meant. lol

no, there was I thinking his Karma after all these years had reversed at last.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: