blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272777 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6376233 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9765 on: October 23, 2008, 05:00:27 AM »

Many congratulations to Tighty on winning tonight's £50 + £50 at Luton, a long overdue, & thoroughly deserved victory for one of the most dignified guys in poker.

I've rarely seen a guy take so many beats, so well, over so long, & still retain his spirit & optimism.

Tonight, it all reversed, & he was a little fortunate once or twice to get the right side of Big-On-Big, including his K-K which Setted on the Flop against slow-played Aces.

It was a business as usual Final Table, & included Brian Sadler, MDD Lynch, John Vacc, Gershun, & At-It-Bradley, who had been dominant all evening.

After John Vacc busted in 4th, to give, for the first time, a small chip lead (120k of 320k in play) to Gershun, At-It proposed an equal chop, about £900 each, but Gershun was not having any of that, & so the Law of Turned-Down Deals came into play, & Gershun immediately busted when running A-Q into Aces.

At-It & Tighty chopped it there & then, with victory being credited to Tighty without argument by a most sporting Bradders.

Well done Rich, may the Form last a-while now.

The term "tight player" has almost become derogatory these days, but Richard can out-think most at the Table, reads the game well, dances a little when the need arises, & if he could perhaps turn the Tight-Dial down half-a-nadge, has the game to win a big Comp.

Delighted for him.

Ding ran well again, deep-stacked all the way, but the wheels came off near the end.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: October 23, 2008, 05:18:39 AM »

There was a Stewards Inquiry after tonight's Luton Comp, on the grounds that Lady Luck had got Tighty confused with me. It's normally Tighty that gets hit by the oddest & biggest of suckouts, but tonight it was my turn, & in the space of 30 wham-bam minutes, I exited.

As a trio of succcessive "beats" go, in half-an hour, this was Lady Luck at her imperious best.

First up, on the third hand of Level One, I ran K-K into J-J, (80% - 20%), & the Jacks setted on the rver.

I exited when the Button levied Limpers Tax & I looked him up from the SB with A-K, he had 8-5. (64%-36% - barely a bad-beat really). The Board of 4-4-6-J just had to end with a Seven, & duly did.

Sandwiced between those two was a real purler, in which I was only 2% to win, but 95% to chop - .....

v

The Board came not 4, but 5 Hearts!

So, what's that - £1.50in the tin? Fair enough.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9767 on: October 23, 2008, 05:29:21 AM »

SB with A-K, he had 8-5. (64%-36% - not a bad-beat really).

FYP

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: October 23, 2008, 05:34:37 AM »

SB with A-K, he had 8-5. (64%-36% - not a bad-beat really).

FYP

Agreed.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: October 23, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »

Ahem ! do i need to mention the 7 5 O/S bluff ... that went horribly wrong

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: October 23, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »

Semi-Bluff, please.

I'm entitled to think my hand is good on a Board of K-Q-J-J-3, & so I bet out. Three times. And got called by a Rag-Ace.

Intolerable.

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: October 23, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »

Even for those, like myself, who have grown tired of the antics Premiership Footballers get up to, & so have abandoned spectating, it's still a treat to look forward to big match reports in The Times by Martin Samuel, their supremely gifted football correspondent.

Now to the hapless Lee Naylor, the unfortunate Celtic defender charged with marking Ronaldo.

He decided the best policy was to let Ronaldo know of his presence early and may have regretted it as his opponent made it his aim in the next ten minutes to torment him as often as possible, feet flying in all directions and then, as often as not, the ball laid off squarely, simply, the footballer’s equivalent of a great sleight of hand card trick. One minute, Naylor would be staring intently at the ball in front of him, the next Ronaldo would have pulled off some act of distraction and it would have moved, imperceptibly, to a team-mate.

Football writing as you've never seen it.

nothing special about that. I have seen Lee Naylor make players from St Mirren/Dunfermline/ etc etc look like ronaldo...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: October 23, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »

Even for those, like myself, who have grown tired of the antics Premiership Footballers get up to, & so have abandoned spectating, it's still a treat to look forward to big match reports in The Times by Martin Samuel, their supremely gifted football correspondent.

Now to the hapless Lee Naylor, the unfortunate Celtic defender charged with marking Ronaldo.

He decided the best policy was to let Ronaldo know of his presence early and may have regretted it as his opponent made it his aim in the next ten minutes to torment him as often as possible, feet flying in all directions and then, as often as not, the ball laid off squarely, simply, the footballer’s equivalent of a great sleight of hand card trick. One minute, Naylor would be staring intently at the ball in front of him, the next Ronaldo would have pulled off some act of distraction and it would have moved, imperceptibly, to a team-mate.

nothing special about that. I have seen Lee Naylor make players from St Mirren/Dunfermline/ etc etc look like ronaldo...

Good grief. No wonder you support Rangers, then.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: October 23, 2008, 02:36:15 PM »

Good grief. No wonder you support Rangers, then.

And Tikay gets Fergus off the top of the hit-list

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: October 23, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »

Yes you do.  Grin  Rag ace my uncles called Bob. It was the call of the night imho.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: October 23, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »

"Work expands to fill the time available".

I've done absolutely zilch today, a wasted day really, which is daft, all things considered.

After busting out of last night's comp somewhat hilariously, I could not quite convince myself to leave the Cardroom & go & get caught up on stuff Online - my PM backlog is growing daily, & I just can't seem to get to it. Poor self-discipline really.

I played Cash from 10pm until 5am, sheesh, & swung £500 up to £1,300, down to £175, & back up to £900, & was pleased to get out ahead in the end. We had a player who would re-raise on the end, in 6 Card Hi-Lo, holding a bad straight & no Low on a flushing, straigting, paired, & lowing board. He was awesomely bad, but we sort of tripped over each other trying to get our share of the easy money. But I then got "must-moved" & I sort of "lost" him. Luckily, Chandra was "busy", so that compensated.

So, in bed at 5am, up a 1pm, & straight to "work", clearing e-Mails. I sent about 40, mostly nonsense, "light" stuff, but the first one I opened plunged me into a gloomy mood, which I hate when I first get up. I sulked for an hour, and then, out of a cloudy rainy storm-filled sky, a real beauty of an e-Mail arrived, which had me dancing on air, it was truly wonderful news. Mood swings FTW.

The PM box has been busy today - you can't imagine what a hornets nest that Brian Wilson thread has stirred up. I sit in the middle, don't do anyone, but somehow, I seem to get all the "middle-man" grief about scammers, folks telling me who's done who. Marvellous.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: October 23, 2008, 06:42:59 PM »

Yes you do.  Grin  Rag ace my uncles called Bob. It was the call of the night imho.

A shocking Call. You were only beating a bluff.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: October 23, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »

A shocking Call. You were only beating a bluff.

Exactly. I was playing the player and observing that massive tell you had....
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: October 23, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »

Tonight, for the 2nd time in 3 nights, I'm doing Play The Presenter.

I enjoy it immensely, & was lucky to be part of the Team that trialled it, but although I can play B & M poker for 14 hours straight without blinking, I find Online play quite tiring & stressful. It's not just playing, it's trying to chat with everyone at the same time, as well as play poker, with the restrictions that chat-box typing bring. I do tend to talk a lot at B & M poker, but Online it's much harder. I'd not miss it for the world though, meeting new folks, & genuine questions from folks, many of whom are just starting out on the poker ladder.

So, at 7pm tonight, I start a 5 hour Online stretch, & I'm all geared up. The 21.30 Tourney is a sort of rest, it plays so different to Cash, & that's like a rest-break really, then afer that, it's back to the Cash until Midnight.

Something different seems to happen to me every day, & I love every single day. I so wish I were a bit younger, but I'm not sure that's do-able.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: October 23, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »

I'm off to Luton on Friday for their Monthly £250, & DTD on Sunday for their £100 jobbie.

Meanwhile, Thewy rung today, hes off to Dublin to play the Irish Open, & flies straight to Busapest from Dublin next week to play the EPT. If he fails to Final, we may hook up for a chinwag at the DTD 3-2-1 next weekend. I don't think he'll play it though, as he wants to spend some time with Amanda, who will be delivering Thewy Mark 3 very shortly.

Chili called, too, she's heading to Teeside in the morning for the Gala £500, she has been paid in by Virgin. Go girlie.

Teeside, Dubin, Budapest, lucky them, but Luton will have more laughs & less stress than all of those combined, I fancy.

What chance Final Tables in Dublin, Budapest, Teeside & Luton for the three of us? Thewy's the weak link there.

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: