blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:18:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1C - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1C - Interactive  (Read 27441 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 09:58:09 PM »

Please remember guests, that if you want to see the photos, you need to be register as a member of the forum.
jaryja

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 10:06:03 PM »

Not sure how often the updates are coming in. Have you heard how Radu Butan is doing.

Thanks For your help.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 10:17:29 PM »

Not sure how often the updates are coming in. Have you heard how Radu Butan is doing.

Thanks For your help.

We can only update once an hour due to Harrah's rules.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 10:18:29 PM »

Shuffling over to the other, and slightly larger half of the cardroom, I ran into even more familar faces, one table in particular garnering media attention due to it's inhabitation of two Main Event champions, Chris 'Jesus' Feguson and Robert 'I shaved Hellmuth's head' Varkonyi. Hmm, one of those claims at least is true.

Now one hour in, the chips are just about beginning to move around a little. Of course, you're always going to witness some crazy plays early doors, but, in general, most of the field fear that early exit so don't tend to bump and grind until later. However, one one that was the receipient of some early bump and grindage was blondeite Simon 'dangero' Childs. Last seen in Dublin for the Irish Open, Simon was looking for a solid start here, but was setback by those darned Aces, a King high flopped flush draw calling every street before hitting on the River and leaving the Brit with just 4.5k.

Similarly suffering is European player Per Ummer, although that was through a fault of his own. Joining the action on the Turn with the board reading , I was there just in time to see Monte Carlo EPT winner Gavin Griffin call a 3k bet and then face 4.5k on the Two Clubs River. The pot was pretty big by this stage, so everyone assumed that the two players had big hands... but not so. As Griffin announced call and flipped over , there were a few raised eyebrows, especially from Irishman Andrew Leaonard a few seats down, but when Per Ummer shook his head and mucked, those eyebrows matched Roger Moore in the raising stakes. As a result, Per is down to 12k.

As I ventured into the cardroom, the riffling of chips (or the sound of obsessive compulsive disorder as Tom of antesup put it) was rife, but that sound of 'crickets' was halted momentarily as they announced the presence of Shannon Elizabeth who hesitantly stood up to wave to the crowd as if if being limelighted at the Oscars. Other names that you may be familiar with include the towering Bill Gazes, the hooded Jonas Molander, the chatty and confident Jennifer Tilly and the unfazed by anything Jerome Bradpiece, all playing today and vying for that seat in Day 2.

Continuing the Ladbrokes reference from the last post, one of their reent acquisitions, Jeff Kimber, is here and present. He's seated next to Allen Cunningham but as cool and collective as usual, has even taken his shoes off the grubby hobo. "Could you keep the forum posted on my progress please, snoops," requested Jaffacake. "Loads of women will want to know how I'm getting one... well, my sisters."

----------------------------------------

The 'celebrities' today include the husband of Celine Dion, (pic1). As a side note, I must thank Caesar's Palace for keeping her and her music their and away from my ears.

Peter Evans is sitting next to Andy Bloch (pic2), and just took down a 4k pot with a 1k bet on the river of a three clubs board being called by another player who mucked when Peter showed .

Jonas Molander as a hoodied Harry Potter.

Players are now on a 20 minute break, blinds will be 100/200 when we return.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:39:18 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 10:49:27 PM »

hi snoops - tell Jaffa never mind his sisters what about letting his grandad know how hes getting on - he never writes he never phones lol - wish all the lads atb m8 - boy do i wish i was there!!!!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 11:15:26 PM »

Considering that he has a following of sorts, I guess I should start with the painstaking departure of Radu Butan - unfortunately, it's not pretty. With the Flop reading, , Radu understandably got it all-in with the big drawing (and partially already made) hand of but wasn't best pleased to see his opponent reveal for the open ended straight flush draw. However, as seems to be the case in this World Series, the poker gods had the last laugh, dealing a on the Turn to turn Butan's initially strong hand into a dodo. I'm not mathematician, but I'd love to know the odds on that one...

More uplifting news is that Frenchman turned Londoner, not to mention 2006 Gutshot Main Event champ, Arnaud Mattern, appears to have near doubled up to 39,500, his initial column duplicating with another cropping up next door. Arnaud is in esteemed company with Andy Bloch (21,500) and Peter Evans (11,500) sitting opposite, not to mention young high roller Simon Hennessey (12,000) a couple of seats to his right.

Dusk Till Dawn's Paul Jackson is struggling with 14,000, mainly due to cold cards which he claims he requires to defeat his table. "You can't bluff here, I have to get some cards to win. There was one hand where a guy's bet was called on every street of a 3-5-6-7-3 board, the winner showing Ace high. There are only 2 good players at the table."

With Daniel Palmer's smile concealing a head-below-water 18,000, APAT victor Max Ward is on 18,500. Plenty of names around too - Shannon Shorr, John Shipley, Amir Vahedi, Clonie Gowan and 3 more bracelet holders in Katja Thater, Burt Boutin and Greg 'Fossilman' Raymer. I noticed, well heard, Peter Hedlund of Finland. He made a stir in the London EPT with his quirky personality before finalling for a tidy sum. He's steady eddie here but just folded to a 3k bet on an three clubs, although he didn't seem too happy about it. He's not one to hide his feelings.

Another player that you may have to dig deep into the update archives to recall is Ernst Hermans, he came third, I believe, in the 2006 EWSOP in Vienna behind Jonathan Plens and eventual (and I mean eventual - 6 hours... eek!) winner Sigi Stockinger. He was followed avidly on the forum by a female fan, and rightly so because he came across as a true gent. Today he seems to be suffering though, down to 14k after calling a suspicious 2k bet (pot was already 10k) on the River of a three diamonds board. Mateyboy said straight wins before revealing a set of sevens, which Dutchman Ernst and his Kings couldn't better. His opponent wore a 'Sunny State' T-shirt. I acknowledge that I swim in a sea of ignorance, but can anyone tell me what state that is?

Pictured:

(1) Arnaud Mattern
(2) Andy Bloch
(3) Peter Evans
(4) Simon Hennessey
(5) Peter Hedlund
(6) Ernst Hermans

---------------------------------------

John Gale is already on the blind-stealing-prowl, raising to 550 from the button and getting the big blind to fold on the flop with an 850 bet.

Over on Stuart Fox's table some dodgy play led to the of one player being outdrawn by the of another by the river of a board.

Jerome Bradpiece, who is harder to recognise with his trademark hat, couldn't stop laughing as he told me a tale of how one of his tablemates was busted for moving in on a K-J-9 board with two diamonds. He was called by K-J...and showed.... . The mind boggles. And I'm guessing that won't be the last time I say that.

Three players in the pot on a board, as the river comes the Two Diamonds, the big blind jumps up out of the chair and shouts, "Come on! Yeah!! You're all going home now!!"

He then sits back down and quietly says, "3,000."

Both other players pass.

The mind boggles.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:49:52 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 11:20:04 PM »

hi snoops - tell Jaffa never mind his sisters what about letting his grandad know how hes getting on - he never writes he never phones lol - wish all the lads atb m8 - boy do i wish i was there!!!!

How come you're not here?...

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 11:50:19 PM »

Snoopy, i reckon you and flops deserve a night off, just go and get bladdered in a decent bar m8, we dont really care about day 1's anyway.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 11:58:50 PM »

How come you're not here?...

LMAO no mate - had me mum ill for a while and thought she would be having treatment while it was all on so had to give it a miss. Thankfully all is well now - well it will be if i dont kill her cos im not there!!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »

Snoopy, i reckon you and flops deserve a night off, just go and get bladdered in a decent bar m8, we dont really care about day 1's anyway.

I'm too tired to pick up my pint glass.  Sleep is my only plan.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 12:24:36 AM »

A gentle, but voluntary shudder of applause ripples across one corner of the cardroom, the foreboding sight of Greg 'Fossilman' Raymer rising from his seat and lifting up his backpack. The cameras swarm the man and by the time I reach the table, the hand has been mucked. "Nothing dramatic," claims the 2004 Champion to the camera and, by the expression on his face, he's probably telling the truth, a flush draw versus a set being my best prediction.

Meanwhile, as the white socks and sandals trot down the aisle, an Aussie is taking his misfortunes with less grace, London EPT runner up Emad Tahtouh losing his temper completely and throwing obscenities into the excessively air-conditioned air. "This is sick! F***" he exclaims, throwing down Aces face-up to Ted Lawson's 2.3k River bet. The board reads three diamonds and Emad, after calling a 2k bet on the Turn, clearly thought that he was beat, enough not to call the final bet and throw his toys out of the pram unnecessarily. Lawson, meanwhile, remains poe-faced, folds his cards face down and scoops the pot. Tahtouh, who convinced Hachem to play the 2005 World Series, down to 4.5k.

A curiously located table lies in solitude next to the feature table and by the entrance. It's on a raised platform and perhaps what Court Number 1 is to Centre Court at Wimbledon. With this extra couple of inches of ground comes the presence of a famous name, strategically placed for onlookers to gawp at - Day 1A it was Marcel Luske, yesterday it was Scotty Nguyen and today it's the ever-excited Mike 'The Mouth' Matusow.

Seated next to Mike is a more local (to me, anyhow) face, Birmingham's Martin Elliott clearly overjoyed to be playing with someone as infamous as Matusow, and subsequently requesting a quick photo. I duly obliged, and at closer look, you'll be able to spot Matusow dressed head to toe in royal blue in the background. Martin (20k) has only played a few hands so far, but his greatest achievement must be persuading The Mouth to fetch him a Red Bull. Respect.

Recent spots also include fellow Midlander and renowned gambler, Phil Peters, currently on 13k, plus Men 'The Master' Nguyen, seated on two chairs but probably in need of a third to balance out his oompa-loompa status. Humberto Brenes, honouring us blondes with a bright yellow tracksuit, is here too, as is Jennifer Tilley, who, for her forty nine years in this world, is looking absolutely stunning. I also gathered chip counts of James Akenhead, Mick McCloskey and Paul Parker, who have 25,000, 18,500 and 21,000 respectively.

Speaking of Paul Parker, we had an amusing, but sincerely bizarre exchange about the giant peanut that is walking around, the result of which culminated in a shoddy joke about him 'working for peanuts' - I am reluctantly taking the credit for that monstrosity of a gag.

Over to Floppy...

-----------------------------------------

Mike Matusow has been joined on the tv table by TJ Cloutier (pic1), though Mike was actually involved in a fight a minute ago. With a giant peanut. Yes, Mike and a man dressed as Mr Peanut fought for several moments before Mr Peanut was kicked from the tournament area.

Elsewhere there was agony and ecstasy as an vs moment ended when the four-flushed (pic2), there were regular shouts of "Oh!!!!" and "That's soooooooooooooo sick man!!!" With the occasional, "unlucky bud," thrown in.

ESPN continue to stalk the big name players, yesterday it was the muted Patrick Antonius who wouldn't whisper a word, today, it's the turn of the mute Phil Ivey and the er.... mute Allen Cunningham who sit and say nothing as the foreboding boom mic hangs above them. Here's a shot of the attempts to get Allen Cunningham to say.....something, the table is behind the Chris Ferguson/Robert Varkonyi one.

One again we are on a break. 200/400 blinds when we return.

Chip counts from Wordseriesofpoker.com

Chad Brown -- 58200
Phil Ivey -- 54000
Bernard Lee -- 53000
Darrell "Gigabet" Dicken -- 50000
Kevin Keller -- 50000
Gavin Griffin -- 40000
Tony Korfman -- 37300
Allen Cunningham -- 36000
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson -- 36000    
Danny Alaei -- 36000
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:52:25 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged
Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 12:29:03 AM »

Apparently Raymer pushed with  on a flop of  .. called by matey who had pocket 6's and no improvement for the fossilman.

(not sure about the suits... but you get the idea)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:32:15 AM by Bigfella » Logged
s3an

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 12:34:04 AM »

PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE ROMANELLO BROTHERS ARE STILL IN

THANKS
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 12:35:16 AM »

Apparently Raymer pushed with  on a flop of  .. called by matey who had pocket 6's and no improvement for the fossilman.

(not sure about the suits... but you get the idea)

Hey, I wasn't too far away then, my post-hand reading skills are in top form today.  Smiley
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 12:36:46 AM »

PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE ROMANELLO BROTHERS ARE STILL IN

THANKS

Neither of the Romanello brothers are listed as playing today. Perhaps they're in Day 1D?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: