blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Advice please... hand from Sky Primo Semi.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice please... hand from Sky Primo Semi.  (Read 790 times)
scottbufc

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:23:50 PM »

Hi guys, as you proberly guessed Im a fairly new poker player but dont think im to shabby as I have made the sky open final table and velocity final table twice! Basically 3rd hand into semi-final I hand  2nd to act pre-flop. Blinds 10/20 I raised to 300, to callers. Flop came  Two Clubs three diamonds I deicded to push in on this flop, hoping to pick up the 630 in the middle. One opponent folds, one calls. He turns over  , so annoyed with his call of my raise pre-flop. Any advice of how I could have played this differently or was I just called by someone who hasnt a clue how to play the game??? Thanks guys.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 10:36:08 PM »

Just a case of bad luck. Let's face it if you had done a smaller raise and he had gone all in, would you have called? I am guessing that the answer is probably.
By going all in you are hoping that your opponent hasn't got a handful of hands that would have you beat and are hands that he might have called your raise with.
Unlucky.
I have just crashed out as well in the primo semi, thanks to an 8 on the river, but that is another story.  Roll Eyes
Still i won the winner takes it all freeroll tonight, so i am in Sunday nights tourney.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »

Obviously stack sizes etc are important here. But if i read this right you have raised 15bb's preflop, which is way too much, just make around 60 to go and play from there. On this flop im happy to felt this hand just about all of the time, you have to be pretty deep to consider folding.

You got unlucky, unfortunately this happens in poker and you just have to let time even out the varience you suffer in this game.

Oh and this probably belongs on the poker hand analysis board.
scottbufc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 12:01:06 AM »

Thanks for the advice, my main reason for pushing was never putting him on a 3, after he called ideally i wanted him to have a KJ, KQ or underpair just thought it was a crazy play calling the original raise with a complete ace RAG!

Well done the other night Indestructable on your open win, The Primo is just frustrating me so much, Im getting to the point where Ive nearly spent the £55 on the satellites/semis that the buyin is anyway!
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 06:59:42 AM »

Cheers.
You have to be careful with satelittes as you do run the risk of losing £55 in entry fees and then if you fail buying in at anohter £55. Of course this is something that i have never done. 
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:59:52 PM »

To focus on the result will not improve your poker. Other Blonde members have already pointed out that bad beats are part and parcel of the game.

To focus on your opponent's frustratingly loose play will not improve your poker. This is actually something to welcome.

Looking at the way YOU approached this hand WILL make you a better player though.

You say:
I decided to push in on this flop, hoping to pick up the 630 in the middle.
and add...
my main reason for pushing was never putting him on a 3, after he called ideally i wanted him to have a KJ, KQ or underpair

If your opponent has any of the hands you mention he is drawing pretty thin to the wind against your kings. If this is the case then pushing on a seemingly ideal flop in the hope of picking up the pot uncontested is a strategy to reconsider rather than bemoaning the fortunes of your luckbox opponent.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: