blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Any views on this ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any views on this ?  (Read 1036 times)
johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »

I have pocket 7's

flop is      

blinds are 800/1600.  UTG had raised pre-flop to 3200 and myself & BB had called
so there was 10400 in the pot.  Can't remember the exact stack sizes but no-one was sitting comfortable. I think we were all in the 'M' of 10-15 range.

when the flop came down the guy in the Big blind bet 1000 (was told by the dealer that min bet was 1600 etc...)

UTG folds (he later said to me he passed a King as when the BB bet he saw me reaching for my chips. I have a terrible habit of constantly arranging my chips whilst I am waiting for my turn to act.  Grin    Wish I hadn't done that now!)

I am now being asked to put 1600 into the pot to win 12000 against a guy who only wanted to bet 1000.

So I'm getting 7.5 - 1 to call and try to hit a 7. Is there a 13% chance he has absolutely nothing?

What are peoples views on these situations when the blinds are getting big and people are betting into big pots for the minimum amount.?

I mean if the pot was 750 and he bet 100 I'd call no problem. But in the later stages does this change?

I ended up calling and the next card was a Queen

he checked so I checked ( I had him on some sort of weak King but also the type of guy how would not fold top pair under any circumstances. Just based on previous encounters)

river was a King he again bet 1600

15200 in the pot now!

If I call I have in all probability just donked off 6400 chips over the course of one hand

If I fold I have passed to a minimum bet on the end when getting almost 10-1 to call (is that ever a correct pass?)

I ended up folding on the end.

Does anyone have anhthing constructive or otherwise to say about this whole sorry debacle?

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »

You have 2 pair Kings & Queens with a 7 kicker, you cant call unless you think he got 6 high, No point in just throwing chips away
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:10:48 PM »

How many players at the table? Helps you define his UTG range...
johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »

8 or 9

but UTG had folded by the time we got to the turn & river

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 03:31:11 PM »

I think the odds are higher than 7.5 to 1 to hit your 2 outer with 2 cards to come..it is 7.5 to 1  to hit it on the flop i believe

you cant call at the end as you have a 7 kicker with the board pairing twice ,you got counterfeited

and with you calling on the turn you had to expect a further hit on your stack to his bet on the river

personally you would have been better throwing around 5k into his min bet on the turn to see where you are,you may win it there and then,and if not looks like you are beat unless you have a great read on him............or fold

so it's raise or fold to his min bet...calling being the worse option ( too little info )

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »

He checks the turn though, meaning either he has the Q, or is happy to check call a weak K, or wants a cheap card for his draw. The only one he folds is a draw, and you have to commit too much on the turn to make him fold if it turns out he does have that with a holding you are unsure about. Reraise the flop if you think he is weak, otherwise the only option other than check/pass turn and river is to reraise the river if you put him on a busted draw and is just making some donk min bet on the river for reasons even he is unsure about.

The flop bet is so weird, it's much safer in your position to check/pass. I'm on a personal crusade against min raisers though I despise them all.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 03:39:00 PM by Tragic » Logged
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »

8 or 9

but UTG had folded by the time we got to the turn & river

Yep sorry my eyes decided to skip a line.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 03:40:32 PM »

yeah..you didn't play that well at all. Even the call on the flop is awful. You either fold or try to push him off the hand. The hand is over on the flop.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: