blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:44:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  those pesky Jacks
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: those pesky Jacks  (Read 986 times)
AgentChip109

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:15:21 PM »

helloooo. cant find the hand history so will have to do it from memory.
$30k guaranteed tourny. its a 6 handed comp wiv 400 runners down to 140. top 56 pay. average stack is around 8,200 and blinds are 80/160

i have 6,700 and am around 80th place at the moment

button is generally quite a passive player, has been limpimg on the button a few times.
the SB is very loose and has been making min raises wiv Q40ff J9off etc. he had once made a similar move to the one i am just about to show wiv AK

folded round to button (5600 chips) who raises to 480
SB who is 4th overall (18,300 chips) reraises all in

u have 

do we feel this is a good spot try and enter the top 25?
or can we wait?

hit me!!

Edgy811 - Party, Full Tilt, Pokerstars
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:20:48 PM »

Tempting...but I think I pass. You might be ahead pre-flop but post -flop there is so much that can hurt you.

At the blind levels you state there is plenty of play left...wait for a better spot.

Wait...What!?
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:18:54 PM »

for wait for better spot in the tournament, u have enough chips to play with and have a nice position with a chip leader who sucks on ur table which u are able to burn off him later on with the nuts

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:29:23 PM »

The average chip-stack is around 8,200 and there are 140 runners left.

You have a below average stack of 6,700 and are down in about 80th place, so there is no doubt that you need to get busy if you want to make the final table.

I would find it difficult to put the big stack on Q-Q, K-K or A-A when I see him ship 18,300 chips into a 720 chip pot. I would be more inclined to put him on a medium pair or any ace. I think I am ahead and therefore I call. I know it's not desirable to call all-in but the chance that I have him dominated make this an appealing gamble. If my position was better, in the top 10 for example, I may well find a fold here, but your current situation needs improving and this is an opportunity to do just that. You have noted the quality of hands your opponent has been showing and it's safe to say he's not the tightest player at the table. So yes, you could hold fire for a better opportunity, but playing Jacks against say 9-9 for 12k is as good as it's going to get imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »

Ur low on chips. Better opportunities than this dont come by very often. I expect to be flipping but im willing to gamble.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: