blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  blind on blind.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: blind on blind.  (Read 826 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »

30$ freezeout..3k starting chips it's level 3.

It is folded round to you in the sb.

You have 6000 chips on 50 100.

Your opponent in the BB has 10000 chips.

You have labelled him as an aggressive opponent as he has been very busy in the last 2 rounds raising frequently preflop and continuation betting his raises, caught bluffing once, but has genereally got them through.

You have Ah in the SB. Would you ..........

a) raise
b) call ,
well i won't put c) fold there but you can if you want.

Let's say you limp and he checks. POT is 200.

flop comes .

How do you approach flop ?

Let's say you check and he bets 200, you make it 700, he calls. POT is 1600.

Turn = .

How would you play the turn?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:14:59 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »

I like the call pre-flop against an aggressive opponent. There are only 150 chips in this pot and as such playing the potential of the hand against a player who may very well pay you in full if you hit is a far better proposition than scooping such small pickings uncontested.

There is absolutely no need to check the flop. The true strength of your hand is already well disguised and so it's time to start juicing the pot...your aggressive opponent will find it hard to put you on an ace or better and so may well re-raise....happy days. If you call pre-flop and then check this flop you are missing an opportunity to build a pot with your already slow-played hand.

Check-raising is one of the most aggressive moves in poker and I don't think this is the best weapon against an aggressive player if you have a strong hand. Playing the patsy and giving the bully the idea that he can hammer you into submission pays you more than standing up to him I think. Betting out on the flop allows the bully to show you who's boss by re-raising...but if he simply calls you can then succumb to his "superior" ability and "impressive" aggression by finding a cute check on the turn when your make your 2 pair. I think check-raising the turn at that point could prove to be a better play than check-raising the flop.

In this example, after your opponent has flat-called the re-raise, I would bet around 800 on the turn and take it from there. The only realistic danger you face is the made Broadway and if he wants to put all the chips in on the turn and show me the only hand I think beats me right now then I am more than happy to obilge.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 04:29:40 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: