blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:05:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A revamp for the Poker Hand Analysis Hand of the Week.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A revamp for the Poker Hand Analysis Hand of the Week.....  (Read 2237 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »

This should be good

Henceforth two of our most respected Poker Hand Analysis Board posters are going to be taking on the "Hand of the Week" Feature for your interest, pleasure and maybe education too

Firstly totalise, fortnightly, will be covering a cash game hand for us through the week...modelled on his much appreciated threads "Play along with totalise" which I know a lot of people remember

Secondly MANTIS01, on the other week in the fortnight, will cover tournament play via hands from his own experience

The feature works best when it is interactive with the blondeites, and you answer the questions raised and we see where it takes us.

The first hand will be up in the next 24 hours and it's a totalise $4-8 NLHE Cash hand...Enjoy!!

I will pop the link up when it is posted

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 06:04:47 PM »

Sounds excellent, im just starting to really get into the hand analysis board and that TK hand was great fun.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »

Sounds excellent, im just starting to really get into the hand analysis board and that TK hand was great fun.

You actually gonna listen then and maybe play good one day?

Wink
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »

You actually gonna listen then and maybe play good one day?

Wink

pfft no way, once a fish, always a fish.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »

Amen!
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »

Cant wait. I might even have a go at some analysis. I read the 'lets play a hand' threads and the 88 thread and they really got my thinking stimulated thumbs up
mad

Patience is a virtue.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »

Firstly totalise, fortnightly, will be covering a cash game hand for us through the week...modelled on his much appreciated threads "Play along with totalise" which I know a lot of people remember

Secondly MANTIS01, on the other week in the fortnight, will cover tournament play via hands from his own experience

cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 07:58:07 PM »

<takes seat in classroom and awaits start of lesson>

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »

All good, are you going to include guest posters too?
Also are there any commercial plans for ?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 12:37:22 AM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=26308.msg533256;boardseen#new

Guest posters are a next stage

Yes there are commercial plans. The more people that post on the board, and particularly HOTW, the easier they become for me to put them in place  Smiley

My eyes are open wide
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 12:42:35 AM »

Fantastic!!!!!!!!
Fingers crossed you can get the best expert back though eh?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 12:53:28 AM »

Fantastic!!!!!!!!

We've got them doing it for us.

My eyes are open wide
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 07:11:58 AM »

Fantastic!!!!!!!!

We've got them doing it for us.

you got flushy to do the donkament one?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 07:21:40 PM »

I think the PHA Board is a great facility for those members of Blonde looking to improve their poker skills.

When you are playing on-line every important decision you are faced with gets interupted by the familiar siren that pushes for a hasty answer. Even when you play the live game you feel time pressures...and the other players staring you down can make some feel uncomfortable.

The PHA Board allows you all the time in the world to consider what you would do in that situation....you can even sleep on it if you wish....so the choices you make are completely free from any of these constraints. This makes it so much easier to cope with decisions when you return to the real thing.

I started "viewing" PHA some time ago and enjoyed seeing the variety of responses that each unique situation seemed to attract. However, it was only when I started "posting" myself that I noticed what a real benefit it has on your ability to play the game well. I would strongly urge anyone who enjoys this aspect of the Blonde Forum, but haven't yet posted, to give it a whirl and see where it takes you. Remember, poker is a personal game and there really aren't any rights and wrongs....just independent views.

At the moment Totalise has a cracking cash game hand on the go and it is certainly food for thought for anyone who enjoys this format. And if tournament play is more your bag then I hope to see you next week.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »

I think the PHA Board is a great facility for those members of Blonde looking to improve their poker skills.

When you are playing on-line every important decision you are faced with gets interupted by the familiar siren that pushes for a hasty answer. Even when you play the live game you feel time pressures...and the other players staring you down can make some feel uncomfortable.

The PHA Board allows you all the time in the world to consider what you would do in that situation....you can even sleep on it if you wish....so the choices you make are completely free from any of these constraints. This makes it so much easier to cope with decisions when you return to the real thing.

I started "viewing" PHA some time ago and enjoyed seeing the variety of responses that each unique situation seemed to attract. However, it was only when I started "posting" myself that I noticed what a real benefit it has on your ability to play the game well. I would strongly urge anyone who enjoys this aspect of the Blonde Forum, but haven't yet posted, to give it a whirl and see where it takes you. Remember, poker is a personal game and there really aren't any rights and wrongs....just independent views.

At the moment Totalise has a cracking cash game hand on the go and it is certainly food for thought for anyone who enjoys this format. And if tournament play is more your bag then I hope to see you next week.

I actually had a go and it got me thinking about the moves. I felt a bit nervous of doing it as it was my first attempt but I took a bit of time to consider all the moves and went for it:) Its good posting because you can get more into the debate when people ask you why you would make a  certain move.  Ive never been into that board before but I reckon its a really good learning tool. Cant wait to see the 2nd part of Totalises hand tomorrow Smiley Let me at it!!!!!!!!!!

Patience is a virtue.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: