blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:27:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  First time Poster
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First time Poster  (Read 1029 times)
Jedwick

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:03:16 PM »

I was playing in a £20 freeze last night, top 3 get paid and there were four left

me - 6000
MB1- 17000
MB2- 40000
MB3-  5000

blinds were a whopping 400-800

me and MB3 were playing very tight trying to get to 3rd place, and MB3 was raising everyone's blinds with any two cards and successfully stealing.

button was on MB2,

MB1 folds

MB2 raises to 3000 as standard,
MB3 goes into think tank while I look down at 1010,

here was my dilemma, i was thinking if MB3 pushes then maybe i shud fold as i know MB2 would be pot committed and it wud be any two cards,
then i was thinking that if MB3 is thinking so much he cant have a monster so maybe i'm only up against 2 over cards?

what would you be thinking here regarding your moves and why?

in the end MB3 folds and I push and double up but was just wondering if he had of pushed what was my right move

Anyone know what the plural of Moose is???
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 12:11:19 PM »

When do you decide you're playing to win...or playing to just survive?  Either way it's a win/win for you in my eyes.

MB3 goes all in, you push all in and MB2 calls the lot. 

If MB2 hits a hand by the time the dust has settled, you had more chips than MB3, so would get 3rd anyway. 

If you win the hand, it's a treble up instead of a double up. 

The only thing nailing you is if MB3 takes the pot, but with such a short stack, I'm pushing and taking my chances.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:27:19 PM »

my chips are in the middle here every time (unless it's a sat and top 3 geta seat) you need more chips..this is not the time to backl down..get your treble up or get knocked out but playing with some balls and don't let yourself die the slow painfull death of blinding away and thinking on the drive or walk home   "if only I had pushed with my tens"

get them in there now.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »

Totally agree Boldie, I was in exactly the same situation (although already in the money, so perhaps not the same) a few weeks back.  £20 freeze out, low stacked on the FT and had pocket tens and I completely played them wrong by just calling then checking the flop looking weak and had to fold on the turn.

I'd be pushing now, it's a decent hand and in order to win from your position, you need to play your decentish hands, aces just aren't going to come that often. 

I did go away thinking "if only I had pushed", won't be doing it again.

Jedwick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »

I guess it wud be silly to fold as with only a couple more hands to go before its any two all in time!
I went on to split first and second, he got £20 more but as he had me 2-1 in chips i thought it was too good to turn down.
 i walked away with 210 so was pretty happy!

Anyone know what the plural of Moose is???
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »

nice result

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 07:19:17 PM »

I guess it wud be silly to fold as with only a couple more hands to go before its any two all in time!
I went on to split first and second, he got £20 more but as he had me 2-1 in chips i thought it was too good to turn down.
 i walked away with 210 so was pretty happy!

nice one Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: