blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  What Options do I have here?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Options do I have here?  (Read 1655 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »

Posted by: matt674
What he doesn't mention is the part about thinking that you can outplay your opponent just because your opponent is female - maybe that comes in a future publication.............
Quality!!

Posted by: tikay
in the longer term, I need to think about this

Can I make an observation about your tournament strategy Tikay?

In the popular "Tikay Tournament Hand" thread you retreated from the push with the 10's because you feared you could be behind and didn't want to risk it.

The advantages of that gamble were the fact that you had a GOOD CHANCE of being ahead AND your TOURNAMENT LIFE was far from on the line.

In K-7 hand here and with the ace flush draw from the previous post you take a gamble on where you have NO CHANCE of being ahead and your TOURNAMENT LIFE is squarely on the line.

I think this is worth a thought or two. Why avoid confrontation when things are favourable for you....only to gamble everything when things are not?

Point taken Mantis, & I don't disagree with much of that.

But......

Why did I push here? Because I was sure - very sure - she could not, & would not, call. As you know, I had 2 ways of winning that pot, by getting her to Pass, or by hitting my flush. (As it happened, the latter was not true!).

I have played these type of situatons much stronger this year, with mixed results, but I do accept the notion that it's better to try & outplay folks rather than get lucky. I just read this one wrong, & she called me.

There HAS to be situations where it's right to play a draw strongly, but I guess I need to define these much better.

Back to grinding for me.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: