blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blackpool Festival Side action
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blackpool Festival Side action  (Read 10907 times)
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:46:41 PM »

Newbie Q here!!   Be kind!

Me and a few mates are going to blackpool for next months festival.  Mostly play online and we were wondering what the side action cash games will be like midweek (not that an ealry exit is being considered!).

Ermm what games... HE ,PLO etc etc.

Are they usually PL limit or NL

Whats the typical sit down and blinds.

Cheers!
 Grin

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 09:52:12 PM »

juicy just ask to be seated next to a notts player

PLHE PLO and dealers choice will all be offered
and if your lucky some shifting sands

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 09:59:28 PM »

Aha, I see Ironside is feeling a little better. Yellow Card Ironside, be off with you.

Welcome to blonde, splash, as it happens I just dropped you a note.

Blackpool side action? Yeah, plenty. Dealers choice, PLH & PLO, as I recall. But try & avoid the Omaha table that has Shaf on it. He plenty lairy.

And try & avoid the Notts boys, who will be up there in force. You don't want to get caught in the Blackpool/Notts crossfire, there's gonna be blood on the floor. Hehe.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 10:25:08 PM »

Wonderful.... wots the usual sit down?

Ta.  Grin

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 10:31:10 PM »

I only played cash there once or twice, but I seem to recall 50, 100, & 250. Oh, & the Blackpool Boys play a 5 table.

Anyway, where ARE these Blackpool Boys, & what am I doing answering their questions for them. Never here when you want 'em. eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 10:44:23 PM »

shafs actually banned now tikay. If you are real newbies and you intend dipping your toe in the cash game water in blackpool you had better be prepared to lose a leg. You will be lucky to be left with a stump with the sharks in the cash games there. Mainly dealers choice P/l tables but you will have to learn padooki and shifting sands to compete on there. The texas table (again PL) can be value with many gamblers. The only blood on the floor will be from tikays nose if he manages to win a hand in his round match in the heads up battle royal between notts and blackpool. Details are virtualy sorted now by the way and will be announced soon.
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 10:52:08 PM »

Could you please explain the rules for 'shifting sands'.

Just in case I get the urge to visit.

Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 11:46:59 PM »

And while you are at it (at it? - leave that to the Notts Boys) can anyone explain what Padooki has to do with Poker? This is nothing to do with Notts/Blackpool clash, I am just curious how it comes to be included in Dealers Choice in poker cash games. Poker is where you get straights, & flushes, & pairs & trips & stuff. WTF has Padooki gotta do with poker? As it happens, Notts have any number of world-class Padooki players, but I simply don't understand why we play it.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 11:51:28 PM »

I'll give you a clue regarding padooki Tikay.

The button has a big advantage at padooki, ergo it's a good game to pick at dealer's.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 11:54:47 PM »

Thanks Karabiner.

But that was not my question, & it's odd that everyone I ask ducks the question. I know HOW to play it, but I don't know WHY we play it.

What has Padooki got to do with Poker?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 12:01:11 AM »

About the same as 7 card omaha has to do with 5 card draw ?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 12:04:25 AM »

Or hilo or any form of lowballl for that matter...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 12:06:04 AM »

Omaha. You get straights, flushes, sets, full houses, yeah?

7 card draw. Ditto.

So they ARE related.

But I rest my case - nobody can answer the question it seems.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 12:10:19 AM »

If you accept lowball as a valid form of poker, then padooki is merely a variant.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 12:19:30 AM »

Now now Ralph, don't be putting words in my mouth!

It was YOU that mentioned Lowball, not me.

So you've ducked the question again, you can't defend it by throwing in "if you accepts".......

What has Padooki got to do with Poker was the question.

Once someone says "nothing" I'll toddle off happily, point made.

Buit in fairness to the Blackpool Boys, perhaps I should use shorter words.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: