blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:56:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $2500 MTT tricky spot early, v.deep stacked
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $2500 MTT tricky spot early, v.deep stacked  (Read 1416 times)
Pab

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »

FullTiltPoker Game #3291426269: FTOPS Event #12 (23186107), Table 45 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:15:20 ET - 2007/08/18
Seat 1: elepervo (6,410)
Seat 2: Chong94 (4,510)
Seat 3: Max Pescatori (4,370)
Seat 4: bokpower (7,840)
Seat 5: 1Mastermind (3,687)
Seat 7: LEADBOOTS (6,698)
Seat 8: a1allen1 (5,300)
Seat 9: gamble4you (6,185)
1Mastermind posts the small blind of 20
LEADBOOTS posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LEADBOOTS [ ]
a1allen1 has 15 seconds left to act
a1allen1 raises to 120
gamble4you calls 120
elepervo folds
Chong94 folds
Max Pescatori folds
bokpower folds
1Mastermind folds
LEADBOOTS calls 80
*** FLOP *** [ Two Clubs ]
LEADBOOTS checks
a1allen1 checks
gamble4you bets 275
LEADBOOTS calls 275
a1allen1 has 15 seconds left to act
a1allen1 folds
*** TURN *** [ Two Clubs ] []
LEADBOOTS checks
gamble4you bets 875
LEADBOOTS has 15 seconds left to act
LEADBOOTS calls 875
*** RIVER *** [ Two Clubs ] []
LEADBOOTS checks
gamble4you bets 2,680
LEADBOOTS calls 2,680
*** SHOW DOWN ***
gamble4you shows [ ] a flush, King high
LEADBOOTS mucks
gamble4you wins the pot (8,040) with a flush, King high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8,040 | Rake 0
Board: [ Two Clubs ]
Seat 1: elepervo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Chong94 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Max Pescatori didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: bokpower (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: 1Mastermind (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: LEADBOOTS (big blind) mucked [ ] - a flush, Ten high
Seat 8: a1allen1 folded on the Flop
Seat 9: gamble4you showed [ ] and won (8,040) with a flush, King high

Have played with the player before in cash games, 10/20nl and seen him make some crazy plays, all in preflop for full buy in with T3 etc..., see my blog for more examples.

After playing my hand so passively, once the river comes I feel his value betting sets, straights now, as well as bluffing with nakes A clubs. i thought about check raising to about 2k on the turn and folding to a shove.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »

bleugh, i hate this spot. stick it in the fridge and forget.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 11:05:06 AM »

Just ul, nothing you can do here i wouldnt say...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:19:53 PM »

blocker bet the river? discourage naked A bluffing + stop bigger flushes maxing?
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »

Have played with the player before in cash games, 10/20nl and seen him make some crazy plays, all in preflop for full buy in with T3 etc..., see my blog for more examples.

After playing my hand so passively, once the river comes I feel his value betting sets, straights now, as well as bluffing with nakes A clubs. i thought about check raising to about 2k on the turn and folding to a shove.

i'd ignore the first bit to be honest, yes you know about the player from your experiences at the cash game table but as they are so different i would tend not to take that information to hand too much because in cash games it is easy to just reload and start again - here in a tournament you cant.

tricky one - not many people would come firing out with the second nuts on the flop after all the only two hands he is worried about is the made nut flush and the nut flush draw. once he gets the pot heads up with you and you show no agression by reraising on either the flop or the turn then he probably knows he has the best hand and if he knows his reputation on the cash table is likely to get him paid off by the smaller flush, straight or set then why slow down?

I'd agree with the blocker bet on the river (or even possibly on the turn to see where you stand) but then looking at the size of the pot how much do you put in? Anything less than 1500 and an agressive opponent may see that as being weak and reraise anyway with either a straight or a set - then what? maybe a small check raise on the turn to see where you stand - if he reraises then you can get away from it a little cheaper but if he decides to go the tricky route and just flat call then what do you do on the river as you'll feel compelled to fire at the pot again.

sponsored by Fyffes
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »

also i probably wouldn't ever check raise on the river here as the probability is that the chance that you will get called when your beat is a lot greater than when you are in front, even when your opponent is an aggresive loose cash game player. Therefore in the long run you will save more by just flat calling than reraising.

sponsored by Fyffes
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

oops, sorry forgot I posted this one

Matt, I would never re-raise on the river here, like you said only gets called when im beat. Looking back I think I should have lead for half pot on the river as a value/blocker bet, I f he moves in, I would fold, but not like it.

After taking such a passive line all the way the through the hand, I think have to pay off his bet on the river. There are too many hands I could have that he beats or thinks he can get me to lay down by betting big on the river. I think a lead for a about half pot on the river would be best this earlier to try and control the pot size a little.

The history from the cash tables just tells me that he isnt playing with scared money, so Is much more likely to value bet weaker made hands or even bluff. Whereas a sattelite qualifier would probably check behind with striahgts and sets on the river

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: