blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:22:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WPT at The Bellagio
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WPT at The Bellagio  (Read 22304 times)
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2005, 03:33:54 PM »

A more detailed summary of the last two days...
On day 1 (the second day 1) I drew an excellent starting table with few 'names'.
Unfortunately on the third hand of the day I raised with KhQh and got three callers including Paul Testud from the big blind.
The flop came KdQd and a black 4 , followed by a black 2 and a black 5
Paul Testud had started with a 36 diamond flush draw, and gutshotted an invisible straight on me - I lost 15,000 chips.
I managed to work my way back to 75,000 with an hour to play.
Unfortunately, I was a little lose in the last hour (trying to take advantage of an excellent table) and got whittled back to 56,000 by end of play

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2005, 03:34:20 PM »

Chip leader, chip 50th, it matters not. You have to be at the table to eat. And you have put yourself in a position where you COULD go a long way. That's all the day 1 & 2 objective is, surely.

We are all immensely proud of you, & all the other Brits. But yes, let's not get too excited yet awhle.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2005, 03:37:21 PM »

Sounds like you were lucky, or did well, to "only" lose 15k on that opening hand. So Testud stayed in hoping to catch his flush, & found the straight instead - damn lucky, those French!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2005, 03:42:48 PM »

good luck to you and all the other Europeans later on wherever you are in the chipcount

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2005, 03:48:14 PM »

I arrived on Day 2 to find I had another excellent table with only Scotty Nyghun to fear.
Unfortunately I just couldnt get going or find any playable situations for the first half of the day and was still at 50,000
Half way thru the days third level I finally hit a bit of a rush
I limped under the gun with KK hoping to re-raise. Two other limpers didn't give me opportunity but I was rewarded with KJ6 board, and I found someone with AK - nice ! 80,000
10 minutes later I raised with AJ suited on Scotty BB and was called by him. He led out on a JJ10 flop. I called.
The turn was a scarey 9. He led out I called. The river a 4 he checked I made a small bet and he called - 115,000 !

Two hands later and it is my BB - everyone passes around to Scotty's button and he duly raises.
I have a deep stack now and am on a rush, so I call with 89
The flop is 10,J rag, and I check
He bets two thirds of the pot and I call
The turn is a Queen, bingo.
I check raise him for 30,000 and I nearly fell off my chair when he called.
The river paired the 10 and I gave him the weak dwell up.
I checked and he duly bet 60,000
As they say, no guts , no glory, so I called, and he said 'you're hand good, good call' and mucked his hand
Wow - 230,000

A while later Scotty limps under the gun, and the player inbetween us limps. I find 6,8 of hearts and join the limping party (no one is going to raise scotty withough a hand)
The flop was 669 , 2 , K and scotty did another 70,000 to me with what I can only assume was Aces
320,000 !

I hovered in this area for most of the next levels and was down to about 290k with ten mins left.

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2005, 03:50:42 PM »

Chip leader, chip 50th, it matters not. You have to be at the table to eat. And you have put yourself in a position where you COULD go a long way. That's all the day 1 & 2 objective is, surely.

We are all immensely proud of you, & all the other Brits. But yes, let's not get too excited yet awhle.

thanks for pointing that out tikay I hadnt thought of it

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2005, 03:55:51 PM »

The final hand I got involved in I guess I played bad (I have a tendency in the last hour of the day)
I had had several run ins with Thomas 'thunder' Keller - check raising him - and scotty had beaten him up to
He was down to 75,000 and I limped under the gun with AK diamonds
He raised to 7000 (he is the most regular raiser on the table, and is steaming a little)
I re-raise to 27,000 and oops he moves all in
It is 48,000 to call and I know the best I can hope for is Queens.
Anyway I am looking at better than 2-1 so I reluctantly call, and he shows me KK
I miss the Ace but fortunatley I hit 3 diamonds !

381000 !!!

kashman

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

tikay.didnt see the going of joe grech.........heard he was chip leader at one stage.
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2005, 04:03:08 PM »

He was chip leader in the middle of the day, but I have no knowledge of his exit
and he wont be crying too much after picking up over 300 thousand in the previous event

kashman

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2005, 04:18:40 PM »

lol......u wanna bet........u dont know joe like i know him.still coming home with a bit of green stuff will soften the blow........ Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2005, 04:19:34 PM »

"thanks for pointing that out tikay I hadnt thought of it"

Oops, I think I detect a hint of irony there.......I guess, on reflection, the blonde one can, at push, do without the 'ol fellas advice......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2005, 04:22:01 PM »

But I bet your cheeks were clenched when you called with that bottom straight on a paired board......"no guts, no glory", lovely stuff.

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2005, 04:34:46 PM »

to be honest I really thought I had him - I was just so sure he was gonna try and bully me, I didn't look for any danger signs

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2005, 05:17:11 PM »

Nice to hear a report from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak.

All the very best of luck today, and hopefully tomorrow !

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2005, 08:59:53 PM »

We have started a new thread for Day Three.......

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: