blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:44:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  One for the single tablers - 3 handed, AQ
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One for the single tablers - 3 handed, AQ  (Read 1355 times)
pswnio

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:33 PM »

Button is a tricky, trappy type post flop, though pre flop has seemed standard. 1400 chips.
SB (you) has been pushing the table around and has been chip leader almost from the get go. 4300 chips.
BB has played ABC poker and recently doubled up to 3300 chips.

Blinds 100/200.

Button flat calls.

You look down to see AQ.

What's your move?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:47:43 PM by pswnio » Logged
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »

3 handed? raise every single time...and call any all in by 1400 "tricky" man..not even a shadow of doubt here.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
pswnio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »

Mmmm. Raise how much? Up to 1000 so that BB knows you're not going anywhere but shortie feels obliged to shove with a decent hand?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 12:16:33 AM »

Mmmm. Raise how much? Up to 1000 so that BB knows you're not going anywhere but shortie feels obliged to shove with a decent hand?

sounds right
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 02:59:54 AM »

900 total.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 03:35:55 AM »

I make it only 800 total.

I think 600 extra is plenty enough to have big blind fold his suited connectors etc if he's ABC.

Also, importantly, button has 1200 chips back after flat call. If you make it just 600 of a raise, ABC big blind might notice that you'll have rights to re-raise should button push.
This makes him less likely to flat call than it would it you made it 900 or 1000 IMO. With the larger raises, the big blind can rest easy that it will not cost him more than 1400 to see the flop (or turn even, if button flat calls and only the change gets bet on the flop)
When you just pump it up to 800, big blind has no such security.

Also, saves chips should ABC big blind wake up with a massive re-raising hand. Best of both worlds.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:39:06 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 10:10:52 AM »

I'm making it 700, if the BB folds then doesnt really matter what happens, your in the pot til the end... If button flat calls, i'm pushing the flop regardless of what it is... If the button moves all-in for an extra 700 I call without hesitation... Simple situation...

If the BB moves all-in after my raise I fold, dont think this can get complicated, its a fairly straighforward STT situation...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 11:15:19 AM »

Insta-Shove, Im not up for this raising to 800 style. We are just allowing the button to look at a flop, if we miss the flop are we shoving anyway? There is not a poker player alive who has much of an edge 3bb's deep which is what we will be post flop here.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 03:41:59 PM »

Insta-Shove, Im not up for this raising to 800 style. We are just allowing the button to look at a flop, if we miss the flop are we shoving anyway? There is not a poker player alive who has much of an edge 3bb's deep which is what we will be post flop here.

The only reason I raise instead of shoving is incase the BB wakes up with something...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 04:54:41 PM »

The only reason I raise instead of shoving is incase the BB wakes up with something...

Whoops, note to self, read the hand history more carefully, thought pwnsio was the bb. Well that changes things a bit, this deep shoving aq is quite marginal but probably just +ev still. Making it about 800 to go looks just about preferable to me, but shoving is not awful.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 08:14:54 PM »

I make it only 800 total.

I think 600 extra is plenty enough to have big blind fold his suited connectors etc if he's ABC.

Also, importantly, button has 1200 chips back after flat call. If you make it just 600 of a raise, ABC big blind might notice that you'll have rights to re-raise should button push.
This makes him less likely to flat call than it would it you made it 900 or 1000 IMO. With the larger raises, the big blind can rest easy that it will not cost him more than 1400 to see the flop (or turn even, if button flat calls and only the change gets bet on the flop)
When you just pump it up to 800, big blind has no such security.

Also, saves chips should ABC big blind wake up with a massive re-raising hand. Best of both worlds.

I'm with tank on this one..let BB think that you can still shove if shortstack raises all in.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: