blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:12:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Final Table of APAT Europe hand.... Was I right?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final Table of APAT Europe hand.... Was I right?  (Read 2482 times)
Sugardaddy

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:23:33 AM »

Ok, this was against Rich on the final table...  but I want to know if my play was correct.

Folded round to me in small blind (rich in big blind). I have about 450k, Rich on about 350k. Blinds are 15,000 30,000 (no ante's).

Rich has checked a few times, so with I didn't think a call was a terribly bad move.

Rich checks to see the flop:

I bet 60,000 and rich raises another 140,000 (200,000 total.)

This threw me off as he could indeed be doing that with anything, but there were a good few hands that were beating me which he'd be doing it with as well.

So what's the correct play.

Let it go? (Rich wasn't playing a LAG style at the time... but not showing any hands after raises).

Call? (Which I would never do leaving myself with less than the pot)

Go all in?

So for me it was either first or last. What's your view.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »

For me when Rich made that another 140 to go i am folding, as you still held enough to try again,  not too sure if he has a lot but I would be thinking (if I was Rich) a pot bet of 60k was a little weak. Maybe a higher bet out on the flop would have got him off the hand had he hit nothing and if he came over the top then much easier fold.

Sugardaddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:41:11 AM »

Ok well that makes me feel a bit better Smiley Indeed I folded... A bit of my reasoning was that I could find a better time to put all my chips in the pot rather than maybe going in with the worst hand...

Turned out apparently he had the T. Indeed a higher bet earlier would have pushed him off the T, but at the same time, 60,000 was a pot bet thus not giving him odds to call with any straight draws he may have picked up....
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:04:46 AM »

Raise pre flop
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »

Erm, tricky, but im prolly all-in here. J10 raises pre, as do most if not all of the bigger jacks in position. He could have lucked out 2 pair but its unlikely he raises immediately with those hands. 0 chance of set. Yep, im deffo ai.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »

When you called with the J9, what sort of flop were you hoping for (other than QT8)? 

If Rich thinks you are going to c-bet any flop here, it might be better to check-raise him.  Although if he has the straight draw you're giving him the chance to hit.  It's difficult to say what I'd do there, as you'd been playing on the table with him for while an knew the game he was playing.  I think he might have raised you with a bigger Jack pre-flop - but he might have also been checking to see what the flop brought.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Sugardaddy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 10:16:23 AM »

I hadn't shown a losing hand to Rich since... well, I hadn't.. on 2 tables (final and one before)... In fact, I only showed one hand to rich and that was when I caught him on a bluff on 2nd to last table.... (he checked to river then bet big into me)

Also got a lot of respect to my bets from him in previous hands....
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:17:48 AM »

Raise pre flop

Wow i agree with bolty!!

***swoon.........................THUMP***

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »

Raise pre flop

Wow i agree with bolty!!

please unquote me, i have a post to remove Roll Eyes
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »

Raise pre flop

Wow i agree with bolty!!

I must have missread the question, was he asking was his play right after the flop or preflop?

Sugardaddy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 10:27:04 AM »

After the flop Smiley

But i don't mind pre-flop criticism as that effects all future decisions too of course lol!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 10:40:06 AM »

After the flop Smiley

But i don't mind pre-flop criticism as that effects all future decisions too of course lol!

It's not really a criticism, just an observation i think, battle of the blinds this deep i always come in raising(espescially against tag bb) removes the tricky flop descission you're facesd with in an unraised pot for 1/3 of your stack.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 10:43:56 AM »

Sorry, i think your play preflop was the mistake, it led you to an awkward situation post.
As for the question of the way the hand played well i would dwell for 5 mins then shove, he hasn't got a set or he would've raised pre himself and he is never going to call for his life with a single pair.

Though i'm very aggressive on final tables and love to reraise Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Sugardaddy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 10:59:04 AM »

Don't apologise at all rofl... it was my first final table (at a major event) so the stacks being the way they are in comparison the blinds, well, i'd never really been in that position before 6 handed so lacking a lot of important experience really! Managed to play a solid game with no mistakes before that hand mind you so wasn't too disappointed.

Going back to pre flop.. to be honest I really thought he would have called a raise with most cards with the plan of taking me down on the flop. Letting him see a flop and then betting into him I thought was the best way of taking it.. Though he respected a lot of bets, if it was done pre flop into his big blind he may have just come over the top of me using his image... And I really didn't want to be put in that position....

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 11:22:55 AM »

Which is why the check-raise on the flop might have been a stronger move than the bet (if you're going to lay your hand down to a raise).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: