blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:34:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Was this a loose call?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was this a loose call?  (Read 1188 times)
deputydawg

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2007, 04:50:26 PM »

$2/4 cash game on blonde

In BB and dealt KK - suits irrelevant for this - no flush draws

4 or 5 limpers so I raise to $20 and get one caller

Flop Q62

I bet 40 in to 50 pot, he calls

Turn 6

I bet $100 and he goes over the top for an extra $150 ish

I put him on mid pair or poss AQ/KQ and discount 66 as quads are unlikely

River I cant remember but he flips A6 - was this a bad call for 150 when there is 330 in pot?
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:00:35 PM »

no hes just a bad fish

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Sugardaddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:15:02 PM »

Depends on the player I suppose. For a tight person to go all in on a Q626 board, you can guarentee that an overpair isn't going to be enough.. but if he's been active in a lot of pots, then its not a loose call at all with the pot size the way it was.

Of course he couldn't have been tight to simply limp on the flop. Very very bad call by him! But I guess that's what we should love right?
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:33:06 PM »

you built a big pot with one pair and its difficult to fold now

If hes played like this throughout and you have info on him i can see why you thought kq ect and called.

usually the turn re-shove after flop call is strong, how long had you been at the table and what hands had he turned over, did you have notes on him?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:35:20 PM »

Tough one.  Just shows how important it is to know the player.  Otherwise, I think you're going to get shafted as you can't really put him on A6 - well I wouldn't have anyway.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
A_Leper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »

As a general point maybe I'd raise a little more preflop ($30?) since there are so many limpers and you're out of position. Probably wouldn't have made much difference in this particular hand.

Other than look it looks totally fine in my opinion.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:02:39 AM »

As a general point maybe I'd raise a little more preflop ($30?) since there are so many limpers and you're out of position. Probably wouldn't have made much difference in this particular hand.

Other than look it looks totally fine in my opinion.

My view, too.

But with "4 or 5 limpers" I'd have Raised a little more pre, maybe $30. I'm happy to take the dead money, tbh. If we don't see a flop, we are usually 100% fave (approx) to win the hand, & we never get sucked-out.....Wink

It's a shocking call by him pre-flop, so be pleased, make notes on him, & find his table every time, he just can't play. A-6 indeed! That's a Flushy play, but not one for grown-ups.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 05:19:11 PM »

I like his play if you are both deep, sadly he is not. Let yourself forget about this hand, but try to keep the pot smaller with only 1 pair.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 06:11:05 PM »

Is there any benefit to checking the second six as you are now either invincible to a Q or royally boned already? (seems likely he does not have AQ here?) See how he decides to play and take it from there?As it played you were ul he played it poorly given stacks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: