blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:55:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Team event exit hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team event exit hand  (Read 1334 times)
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »

Hi all, my first post on here so be gentle with me.

Playing the Blonde/Virgin team event recently, there were 35 left in, two of my team already gone so I know my position 'counts'. Sixth in chips overall, third in chips at the table, 46 x BB in my stack. Get dealt AKo UTG+1. The player who took me out was the chip leader. He had recently arrived at my table and don't really know much about him other than he features on Sky Poker regularly so assume he's a good, solid player.

Don't know where I went wrong but have a definite feeling that I did. I still regard myself very much as a novice as my play might prove! Anyway, any advice, critcism, insights gratefully received. There were no flush draws as far as I can recall.

Blonde Poker Blonde Team League Event 50/100 saw flop | saw showdown

Button ripple12 (3377)
SB maccol2 (6430)
BB BlufferUK (5930)
UTG 69reenot (1470)
UTG+1 technolog (4680)
MP RookITB (1970)
MP BriefBL (2730)
CO-1 2B4MATT (2800)
CO dingdell2 (643)

Preflop: BlufferUK is in the BB with A T
 1 fold, technolog raises to 400, 5 folds, maccol2 calls 350, 1 fold.

Flop (900) T K 9
 maccol2 bets 600, technolog raises to 2200, maccol2 calls 1600.

Turn (5300) J
 maccol2 checks, technolog moves all-in for 2080, maccol2 calls 2080.

River (9460) 9

technolog shows K A
maccol2 shows J J

maccol2 wins 9460 with A fullhouse, Jack's and Nine's

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:06:33 PM »

don't think you've done anything wrong really pre or on flop , on the turn you can play small ball and check, check call the end as the J is a straightening card

however thats very hindsight related

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »

the flop is where you went wrong

there is 1500 in the pot when it  gets to you so a pot raise would of been to 2700 this would of been too much of your stack to fold to a raise so you should of pushed all in on the flop

the rest of the play was standard

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »

havent worked out maths fully but he should have folded on flop. No pot odds to hope to hit his at best 6 outs possibly 4 outs if you hold KK.

YOU did nothing wrong!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:18:51 PM »

I think you played the hand well. The chip leader played his hand much worse. The difference was he got lucky and you got unlucky.

He picks up J-J in the sb and only flat-calls your raise. This is his first mistake. He should really re-raise to negate his positional disadvantage. But let's give him a break and say that he doesn't want to fall in love with his hand pre-flop...so he just calls to see if over-cards hit the board. Well over-cards do hit the board but he decides to ignore his original plan and bet out to find out where he stands. He get's his answer loud and clear and is re-raised a goodly amount. But this doesn't discourage him one bit and he blunders even further by flat-calling this re-raise. God only knows why he would do this. Oh yes it's to hit one of his 6 miracle cards. I wonder what he would have done if a blank hit the turn? Probably pushed anyway and hit it on the river.

What else could you do?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 05:47:52 PM »

Doesn't the fact that I pushed my remaining stack in on the turn when I was already drawing dead count as an error? It certainly felt like it!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »

well how could any sane person put him on JJJ there?

would make sense to have played a set of 10s or his way but he called your rr on the flop with an underpair to you!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 07:17:29 PM »

Usually if you check the turn here you are going to face heat on the river whatever you're opponent holds because of that check. So you will be folding the best hand as much as the losing one and with the amount of chips in the pot now it would be an truly insightful fold if you managed it.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 11:02:03 PM »

Usually if you check the turn here you are going to face heat on the river whatever you're opponent holds because of that check. So you will be folding the best hand as much as the losing one and with the amount of chips in the pot now it would be a truly insightful fold if you managed it.

I'm assuming for 'truly insightful' I can read 'bad'?

sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 07:39:51 AM »

there is 1500 in the pot when it  gets to you so a pot raise would of been to 2700 this would of been too much of your stack to fold to a raise so you should of pushed all in on the flop

I disagree. Why should you push ALLIN on a flop with TPTK against a player who can knock you out when you still have over 40 BBs and are well positioned in the tournament?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:53:11 AM by sharky_uk » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 09:14:54 AM »

I agree with sharky - surely you want the call from the player who is behind, so that he makes a mistake and you get the chance to take more chips off him on the turn (hopefully)?  The all-in means that you're only going to be called by the better hand - or if you're lucky by someone who thinks you're at it.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »

It was still such a bad call to the reraise on flop. Bad case of cantreleaseitis.

I disagree. Why should you push ALLIN on a flop with TPTK against a player who can knock you out when you still have over 40 BBs and are well positioned in the tournament?

Im not worried about being knocked out here, i know im ahead on the flop but the call to the reraise was so weak its ridiculous, even the all in call with JJ is very bad as he has to assume that KK/AQ is a possibility for technoloeg and he could have the nut straight but lets be honest he played his own hand and didnt think about the holdings of other player. 

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »

I would probably check the turn and fold to a decent bet on the river, the J is quite a scary card and his call of your raise would indicate to me he has some of the flop, 2-pair, trips even a draw which the J would fill. If you fold to a big bet on the river you still have 28 bbs and plenty of time to get those chips back, (more than likely from him as his play pre-flop and on the flop was awful).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: