blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How Do You Play This?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Do You Play This?  (Read 1935 times)
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »

What do you put him on on the flop to flat call and then pass to the blank turn? If you are going to do this why not info raise on the flop? As you have played it you now bring the possibility he has picked up on weakness into the equation. However I think I call here his range includes more hands you beat than not and you can always  on the river vs KQ.

Bleugh. After he c/r the turn you are so far behind its unfunny. And if you think logically about his c/r range on the turn, unless he is a total moron, you are crushed. AA?/QQ?/AK/KQ/44/33/K10. 

I was including some draws in this range as other people have suggested he may have, though i'm personally not sure they're that likely. Surely AK reraised preflop? I still don't have a 100% grasp of PT stats. I also strongly doubt he bets out on the flop with 33 and i probably wouldn't with AK either.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 07:39:32 AM »

Fold.

At a risk of blowing my own trumpet, CCUUURRSE is probably the only player on the Full Tilt NL200 tables that earns more than me. (Although recently he has stepped up the limits playing on Pokerstars.)

He is a 12-tabler, BUT plays a very different (and very good) game compared with most of the multi-tablers. His stats show this to some extent. (He won the Pokerstars Sunday Million 12 months ago for $187k.)

He is well aware that you may have AK (and probably hopes you do) and I would put him on 44.

Admittedly he is often very aggressive on the turn (a mixture of bluff, semi-bluff, and value raises) but he'd most likely just call here with a flush draw.

Here is a very interesting thread on him:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11092754&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 12:48:58 PM »

Fold.

At a risk of blowing my own trumpet, CCUUURRSE is probably the only player on the Full Tilt NL200 tables that earns more than me. (Although recently he has stepped up the limits playing on Pokerstars.)

He is a 12-tabler, BUT plays a very different (and very good) game compared with most of the multi-tablers. His stats show this to some extent. (He won the Pokerstars Sunday Million 12 months ago for $187k.)

He is well aware that you may have AK (and probably hopes you do) and I would put him on 44.

Admittedly he is often very aggressive on the turn (a mixture of bluff, semi-bluff, and value raises) but he'd most likely just call here with a flush draw.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11092754&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

after reading this im pleased i folded

Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »

Fold.

Thx alot for this really enlightening article just woke me up of my recent trance of passivity!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: