blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:46:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO Tournament Hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO Tournament Hand  (Read 978 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:13:19 PM »

$20 rebuy was the tourney, the blinds are 150/300 your on the button with Two Diamonds well abover average stack blinds in and 2 EP limpers u make it 900 - speculative but happy to just take what was in the pot and move on. 

Blinds fold and both limpers call the raise flop comes check/check u make it 900 both call and the turn is check/check and u bet out 1600 call/fold and the river is a EP pushes for 7k or so but has you covered what do u do?

The player was erratic during the rebuy period and often got involved in hands with any 4 cards, and on occasions got lucky, overplayed AAXX on 3/4 occasions.

Tournament life on the line here, i have invested quite a bit into the pot there are 43 players left we're not near the money there are a lot of hands that beat me do i bite the bullet here and call? 

Should I have played my house stronger on the flop to find out exactly where I am. 

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

number 1 don't raise that hands against limpers.

whats your stack size? if this puts you out or in danger i'd tend to fold.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »

I had about 6k back so this owuld have put me out.
As for the raise not normally a raise i would make but had been innactive for the previous 30 hands and though i'd try and steal using the strength of the button.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:57:57 PM »

you are beating 4 hands

a straight, a badly played over pair, trips and a bluff

you are beat by 89 99 88 77 87 85

i would of kinda like to think he has played 88 well but think its more likely he caught your slowplaying post flop with 89

i also dont like the raise preflop your not going to get rid of the limpers and it now reduces the implied odds you would need playing a hand like 2355ds if going for a steal you need to make it a full pot with limpers already in the pot

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:17:16 PM »

i would of kinda like to think he has played 88 well but think its more likely he caught your slowplaying post flop with 89

Spot on, he played 88Q2, I did actually pass, decided i wasn't beaten much i thought he might actually have had the straight but wasn't prepared to take the chance.

Bad cal pre flop but he's played it perfectly after the flop, and i came close to making the call.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: