blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:38:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  A couple of Hands from Las Vegas
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A couple of Hands from Las Vegas  (Read 892 times)
Newportlad

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:56 PM »

Now that i've finally got over the jetlag (what was all that about!), it's about time i posted something from our trip to Las Vegas.

I have  in the SB.  There is an early postion raise to $15 (normal raise is to $10, so does not look too untoward), 3 callers! before i call (im trying to hit my set).
Flop    . I'm first to act.  Pot is approx $52.  I bet $50.  Original raise goes all in for $105.  1guy calls saying 'its about time i went to dinner'.  I then know that i have this guy beat, so i go all in for a total of $165, meaning that the caller has to put another $65 into the pot.  I might well be losing to 1st all in guy who could have a better set or AQ, but im getting at least $130 back, as long as i beat the caller. So great value.    Caller then calls my extra $65.
On their backs

1st guy   
2nd guy       WTF is he doing calling!!

So i need to fill up to make my full house.

Turn          Yeehah!       Thankyou and goodnight

River          I stare in disbelief.

So first guy has a straight
I have Kings over 10's
2nd guy has Kings over Jacks

Me and the first guy walk off in total disbelief as a +$500 pot is raked towards the 2nd guy.

Did i do anything wrong here??

Again after a couple of sessions, i've got most of this back, when i decide to go play for an hour late one evening.  This hand soon crops up.

I'm on the button with  . There are 3 callers in front, so i decide to speculate a take a look. SB + BB call as well.
Post $12

Flop  three clubs , which is rather interesting.  It checks round to me, so i decide to take the pot, and  i bet $10. Unfortunately i get 2 callers.  Turn  . Everyone, including me, checks.
River  .  I look in amazement at this card.
SB bets $30   Sweet!   2nd guy re-raises to $60. Even Sweeter!!  I know he has hit his flush, and i hope its a high one.;
I decide to go all in for $134.   First guy folds. 2nd guy looks at me and says 'unless you have  or  i got you beat and calls showing  .  I take the pot of $338 for my straight flush, plus i get the high hand bonus of $78 for a 7 high straigh flush.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:34:24 PM by Newportlad » Logged
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »

First hand, no you did the right thing.
Second hand, nice.

Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 01:24:02 AM »

Fold to the flop raise. You have to be wary of someone having AJ and getting runner/runner Kings. Too much of a risk for me.

deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:18:30 AM »

Fold to the flop raise. You have to be wary of someone having AJ and getting runner/runner Kings. Too much of a risk for me.

This is the sort of thing that wouldn't happen online but live poker is so rigged it was always going to happen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: